MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Who is going, when and with whom? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=7956)

CooCooCachoo 01-20-2004 02:02 PM

Who is going, when and with whom?

Just a simple question! :)

Out of you guys, who is going to Rotterdam this year and when?

I'll be at Ahoy on Saturday and Sunday of the qualification tournament (hopefully at the centre court most of the times) and on Tuesday. Depending on time, money and schedule of play, I could go on Monday as well!

I don't know yet with whom I'll be going! :( On Tuesday, I'll probably go with a classmate, but the other days.. Any volunteers, lol!

maratski 01-20-2004 07:35 PM

Re: Who is going, when and with whom?

I still don't know on what day I'll go, but I'll let you know by then :)

CooCooCachoo 01-21-2004 05:45 AM

Yep, you told me that already hehe :) Go on the Sunday of the qualification tournament, if you are smart :) Good chance to see Marat practise too.. Saw him last year.. Man he practises for a very very long time!

maratski 01-21-2004 09:18 AM

He's not coming this year :sad:

CooCooCachoo 01-21-2004 11:01 AM

He is not? Really? I didn't really examine the names, but I really expected Marat to be on the list! This is very, very odd, since Marat actually plays the Rotterdam tournament every year. Have you got an idea why he isn't coming?

maratski 01-21-2004 12:17 PM

Probably because of his ranking :sad:

CooCooCachoo 01-21-2004 01:04 PM

Didn't he get like a protective ranking or something? He was injured, right?! Well there is still hope, since I think Rusedski will pull out.. Perhaps he'll be granted a wild card as well.

maratski 01-21-2004 02:03 PM

He doesn't have a protected ranking and hasn't released his 2004 schedule yet so I hope he asks for a WC

CooCooCachoo 01-21-2004 03:55 PM

Did you check the post for the Open 13 Marseilles commitments? He is going to play there, so that would make it likely for him to go Rotterdam as well..

Snoopy_Girl 01-27-2004 10:03 AM

But Richard Krajicek promised to give Marat a wildcard if he made it to the semies at the AO... That chance is getting bigger by the minute.. Anyone here knows how we can contact the organistion of the WTT or Richard himself for all I care?
Normally Marat always plays Rotterdam, he even told the media once that it was his fave tournament in Europe (apart from the ones in Russia)... So I think that if his body (and Richard) allow him to come, he will be there! *hopes hopes hopes*

Anyway I'm gonna go on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.. and I might go back at the day of the semies. :wavey:

CooCooCachoo 01-27-2004 11:56 AM

Hehe you are going four days as well, Snoopy!

A great win for Marat over Andy! I totally hadn't expected this, but I am sure the tournament directors and Richard will give him a wildcard!

"Ahoy' Rotterdam nv
Postbus 5106
3008 AC Rotterdam
Telefoon: 010 293 33 00 (niet voor bestellen van tickets)
Fax: 010 293 33 99"

The information you need in order to contact the organisation, is all on the website: http://www.abnamrowtt.nl

BTW Expect a reply (PM) soon Snoopy.. a delayed one, but still.. ;)

joeb_uk 02-10-2004 04:12 PM

hey again illhame ;) just a question:D
anyone going to this tournament? quarter finals day has two sessions, 11 and 19.30 so if i paid for both sessions i would get the 4 matches? i cant find anywhere if its just one indoor court.
thanks

CooCooCachoo 02-10-2004 05:04 PM

Hey joeb.

Quarter finals will be played on Friday, all four matches. I take it two will be for the morning session and two for the evening session, so you get to see all four matches if you buy two tickets. There are two courts (this can actually be found on the plan on the official website): a centre court and Court 1, which is mainly used for first round matches and doubles matches.

Have fun and welcome to MTF!

joeb_uk 02-10-2004 06:16 PM

sure thanks man, looks a good forum. i have never been to a tennis match before, but i do really hope to go to roland garros for semis and finals. i am really a footballer, but love to watch tennis and prefer to watch tennis

CooCooCachoo 02-11-2004 12:04 PM

I hope you have a lot of fun :) And you're welcome!