MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Stella Artois Championships (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Qualifying draw (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=78578)

smucav 06-09-2006 09:00 PM

Qualifying draw

(1) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP vs. ELSENEER, Gilles BEL
ARTHURS, Wayne AUS vs. (WC) MACKIN, Alan GBR
(WC) KENNAUGH, Andrew GBR vs. DELIC, Amer USA
SA, Andre BRA vs. (7) KUBOT, Lukasz POL

(2) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO vs. BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA
NIEMEYER, Frederic CAN vs. PARMAR, Arvind GBR
SELA, Dudi ISR vs. DUPUIS, Antony FRA
BOZOLJAC, Ilia SCG vs. (8) FALLA, Alejandro COL

(alt) Stakhovsky, Sergiy UKR vs. PEQUERY, Jean-Michel FRA [Stakhovsky replaces (3) LLODRA, Michael FRA]
(WC) LEE, Martin GBR vs. BURGSMULLER, Lars GER
HEALEY, Nathan AUS vs. FRUTTERO, John Paul USA
MORRISON, Jeff USA vs. (5) BERRER, Michael GER

(4) CAPDEVILLE, Paul CHI vs. VICO, Uros ITA
GUCCIONE, Chris AUS vs. SIMMONDS, Phillip USA
JENKINS, Scoville USA vs. WITTEN, Jesse USA
(WC) BLOOMFIELD, Richard GBR vs. (6) DANCEVIC, Frank CAN

GonzoFan 06-09-2006 09:08 PM

Re: Qualifying draw

Good Luck Paul Capdeville!!!!

keqtqiadv 06-09-2006 09:09 PM

Verdasco and Ivo playing qualies :p
Good luck to André Sá and Frederic.

shotgun 06-09-2006 09:21 PM

Karlovic is a strange one.

Btw, if the qualies start tomorrow, how is Wayno playing it, since he's in the SF of Surbiton? :scratch:

Chris Seahorse 06-09-2006 09:23 PM

That first quarter is brutal. Verdasco, Arthurs, Sa (former Wimbledon quarterfinalist) and Elseneer (40+ matches won on grass in his career). Good luck to Lucasz but it won't be easy :(. Still a good chance to get used to the grass before the Wimbledon qualies.

KoOlMaNsEaN 06-09-2006 09:27 PM

Go Frank,Fred,Kubot!

Chris Seahorse 06-09-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotgun Blues
Btw, if the qualies start tomorrow, how is Wayno playing it, since he's in the SF of Surbiton? :scratch:

Well Surbiton isn't that far from Queens Club. I think one could make it from one to the other by car in around 45 minutes or so. Looking at the two orders of play I would say he's cutting it fine but if his 2nd match at Queen's finishes quickly he just might pull it off. Otherwise I guess Arthurs will default in Surbiton and Moodie will have a free pass to the final.

I should add if Arthurs can pull it off and win 3 matches in two places over one day it would be pretty impressive for a 35 year old.

m-j-d 06-09-2006 09:38 PM

So last year's finalist Ivo Karlovic has to qualify while Lopez (who could have entered into MD), Fish (who is now 2nd Alt) and - Philippousis (Mr Wildcard himself) all get wildcards - isnt that amazing?

By the way is the Stella Artois website the most useless yet? Just try to find the times of qualifying or even the days of qualifying!

Chris Seahorse 06-09-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m-j-d
So last year's finalist Ivo Karlovic has to qualify while Lopez (who could have entered into MD), Fish (who is now 2nd Alt) and - Philippousis (Mr Wildcard himself) all get wildcards - isnt that amazing?

Just guessing but it is possible Karlovic chose to enter qualifying so as to get a couple of matches under his belt before starting the main draw.

derossi 06-09-2006 09:41 PM

VAMOS SÁ

Anybody knows the time of the games ?
livescores in anyplace?

shotgun 06-09-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Seahorse
Well Surbiton isn't that far from Queens Club. I think one could make it from one to the other by car in around 45 minutes or so. Looking at the two orders of play I would say he's cutting it fine but if his 2nd match at Queen's finishes quickly he just might pull it off. Otherwise I guess Arthurs will default in Surbiton and Moodie will have a free pass to the final.

I should add if Arthurs can pull it off and win 3 matches in two places over one day it would be pretty impressive for a 35 year old.

Yeah, I agree. I think that guys like Arthurs and Moodie got so fed up with the clay season that now that the grass season arrived, they just want to play as much as they can.

smucav 06-09-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m-j-d
So last year's finalist Ivo Karlovic has to qualify while Lopez (who could have entered into MD)

Both Verdasco & Karlovic could have gotten in directly as well so they are no more (or less) deserving than Lopez.

smucav 06-09-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotgun Blues

2006 ATP Official Rulebook:
Quote:

B. Exception:
A player who has lost in a Tournament may enter the qualifying for a Tournament scheduled for the next week. The Supervisor may authorize a player who is still competing in the main draw of a Tournament in singles and/or doubles to enter the qualifying for the next week's ATP and Challenger Series Tournaments provided that no special scheduling by either Tournament shall be required. In the event of a conflict, he shall be defaulted from such qualifying so as to compete in the singles and/or doubles of the main draw Tournament in which he is competing. In addition, if the player does not appear for play as scheduled, there shall be an automatic fine.

shotgun 06-09-2006 09:54 PM

Thanks smucav.

Deboogle!. 06-09-2006 09:58 PM

what a qualie draw:eek: