MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BBC/Eurosport/Sky Sports/ESPN/ Etc - Coverage, Moan Thread! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77869)

joeb_uk 05-31-2006 03:16 PM

BBC/Eurosport/Sky Sports/ESPN/ Etc - Coverage, Moan Thread!

:D There are many threads moaning about the coverage on various channels. Lets keep one thread and post in this when we are annoyed!

Ok to start off, eurosport and bbci are going to show henman against a claycourt clown :mad: when nalbandian and gasquet will be gone :( and the atmosphere seems great in the arena too!

Nathaliia 05-31-2006 03:26 PM

Re: BBC/Eurosport/Sky Sports/ Etc - Coverage, Moan Thread!

Great Thread :worship: I don't have a cable TV here at all, but I do at home and wanted to moan Eurosport shows only WTA matches, I haven't seen ATP match for such a looong time... and Eurosport used to play many of ATP matches and they even had a weekly magazine :shrug: Yes, they are on Eurosport 2 but it is coded here.

Also Polsat Sport + Polsat Extra stink (Polish posters would know what I mean :cool: )

joeb_uk 05-31-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaliia
Great Thread :worship: I don't have a cable TV here at all, but I do at home and wanted to moan Eurosport shows only WTA matches, I haven't seen ATP match for such a looong time... and Eurosport used to play many of ATP matches and they even had a weekly magazine :shrug: Yes, they are on Eurosport 2 but it is coded here.

Also Polsat Sport + Polsat Extra stink (Polish posters would know what I mean :cool: )

Same with euro during rg, they are showing 70% wta, and its more like 80% when you exclude the brittish players!!

stebs 05-31-2006 03:43 PM

I think Eurosport shows roughly 50-50 between mens and womens matches. Much as I would love them to show all mens I do think it's fair. BBCi are showing good matches as well. I'm very happy with the coverage this year.

Yappa 06-01-2006 03:03 PM

Just before the rain break, Eurosport showed Haas-Waske here in Germany. Was that exclusively for the german fans or did they also show the match in other countries?

Jimnik 06-02-2006 09:31 AM

This is the worst thing that Eurosport could have done.

WTF are they thinking? WHo the hell wants to see Hingis vs some random player?

Meanwhile, they're actually smart enough to miss the Gaudio-Ferrero match. ARe Eurosport TOTALLY INCOMPETENT?

scoobs 06-02-2006 09:35 AM

I'm hoping they'll go to Chatrier after Hingis finishing blitzing Ondraskova - they've played 3 games while Martina has taken the first set.

amarone 06-02-2006 09:41 AM

Our commentator said they would go to Chatrier after the Hingis match.

I'm already watching the Gaudio-Ferrero on this live stream.

http://www.nos.nl/nos/voorpagina/

Click where it says Roland Garros live in the middle of the page.

oz_boz 06-02-2006 09:48 AM

Good that Hingis will finish her match soon. Boring as hell when she faces players without firepower, they can do her no harm.

Jimnik 06-02-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amarone
Our commentator said they would go to Chatrier after the Hingis match.

I'm already watching the Gaudio-Ferrero on this live stream.

http://www.nos.nl/nos/voorpagina/

Click where it says Roland Garros live in the middle of the page.

Yes, thank-goodness for the Dutch. :D

yomike 06-02-2006 10:11 AM

Shitty broadcast by the FFT, there showing Kim Clitoris and some unknown player. I want Gaudio and Ferrero. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yappa 06-02-2006 10:17 AM

Gaudio-Ferrero on Eurosport now, but I would have preferred the continuation of the Blake-Almagro match! :(
Seems, they'll skip to the "interesting" (read boring) Nadal-Kim match soon.

Scotso 06-02-2006 10:20 AM

ESPN has to be worse than all of them. Man... they showed Hingis. Fine, whatever. But then after the match, they've just been showing clips and promos and fluff pieces on Blake and anything they can until Nadal plays so that they don't have to show a fucking point of JC/Gaston :rolleyes:

yomike 06-02-2006 10:27 AM

I want to snap the neck of the one who's doing the broadcasting.

athina7 06-02-2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatejBockoFan
ESPN has to be worse than all of them. Man... they showed Hingis. Fine, whatever. But then after the match, they've just been showing clips and promos and fluff pieces on Blake and anything they can until Nadal plays so that they don't have to show a fucking point of JC/Gaston :rolleyes:

I knew they were going to shpw Hingis over GG-JCF, so I set my alarm for 5 instead of 4am. And now I've been up for 1/2 an hour already and have yet to see one point of live tennis :( Ridiculous. It's like GG-JCF are not even playing.