MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Andy Roddick Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Top Spin WINS (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76573)

J. Corwin 05-09-2006 01:49 AM

Top Spin WINS

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Hey Naldo, do you plan on playing the new TopSpin? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Corwin
I definitely am! I've been waiting for this ever since the originally slated release date for Januaray this year. :o Let's see if they'll push back the date again...:lol:

Should be a lot better than the first one and I thorougly enjoyed that one. I know this one has some big no no's though...from some of the caps I've seen I think they gave James a two-handed backhand. :retard: I'm gonna have go get X-box 360 just for this game, hehe. As if I don't have enough distractions already...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissFairy
TOP SPIN! :banana: I officially rock at this game.

Here's a :drink: to many hours wasted on living out my dreams of being a tennis pro! WOOT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfpinky
wait, it only works on xbox 360?
I am always lleyton hewitt in top spin. d:

Clearly, there is enough interest in the game to justify starting this new thread. :p

Talk about Top Spin 1 or 2, or any tennis game for that matter!

Ok I'll start ;)

Top Spin2:

I started the game by going to exhibition mode to get used to the controls and stuff and I used Fed and played against Myskina. :lol: I kicked her ass in a few games before I forfeited because I couldn't wait to start the career mode...and one audience member booed at Fed/me for tanking the match. :haha:

I love the game so far. It's so realistic! I like how you can actually make lots of unforced errors in this one if you go for too much and it's actually harder to break serve than hold serve lol. You can save after every match too!

One thing I don't like...how your player just stops moving when the computer knows your shot will be a winner. You'll get used to this and it kinda sucks that the computer telegraphs to you the point is over before it actually is. :o Also top spin shots being the more risky shots and flat shots are the safe shots...:retard:

For the career mode...I created a player after myself ;) and so far I'm still training and working my way up the rankings before I can qualify for most pro events but I enjoy beating up players ranked way above me! :cool: I dumped Laura Edwards as my coach and hired Henri something something French dood because his mantra is aggressive power and I like we has to offer. :p Still need to get a handle on the risk shots. :o

I won the Essex Challenger and moved up 18 spots in the ranking and 100 spots in the Race! World #1 here I come! :rocker2:

Havok 05-09-2006 02:04 AM

Re: Top Spin WINS

Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 (PS2):

Ok long ass name, but the most realistic tennis game you can get atm. Probably the greatest roster ever (Roddick, Blake, Henman, Hewitt, Safin, Gasquet, Haas, Ferrero - Henin-Hardenne, Serena, Capriati, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Kournikova, Hantuchova, Davenport). Probably the only game to actually use timing as a means to seperate the best from the rest.

Just like in real life, if someone slices the ball low, hitting a topspin shot off of that would be the smarter choice (if you'd hit a flat shot off of the slice, chances are that your ball will sail long/into the net). You can actually hit aces, even against the best returners (you need really good placement in order to do that though). Stamina is used so you can't just camp out along the baseline and rip flat shots 24/7 because then you'll lose all your energy and everything slows down from your court speed to your serve to your groundstrokes.

Their only downfal in regards to actual gameplay is their net game. It isn't well rounded as their baseline game and there really is no point in attacking the net whatsoever :o. Sometimes I feel adventurous and go to the net for some sneak attacks every now and then, but it really is pointless vs someone who understands the game well.

Also their career mode is just :o. It shows that this game was made more for playing with the already created cast of tennis players, because the options for clothes, raquets, hair, facial features, etc suck ass. Like 4 of my players look exactly the same, they just have different names :shrug:.

This game OWNS when you find someone who's at your level of the game and you can have sick ass rallies that literally last up to 2-3 minutes. I've had tons of rallies like that with one of my good friends. I used to get crushed by him, abrely winning sets. Then I went into the phase of winning the first sets, then bowing out easily afterwards, but now I've won the large majority of our last few matches.;)

J. Corwin 05-09-2006 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naldo
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 (PS2):

Ok long ass name, but the most realistic tennis game you can get atm. Probably the greatest roster ever (Roddick, Blake, Henman, Hewitt, Safin, Gasquet, Haas, Ferrero - Henin-Hardenne, Serena, Capriati, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Kournikova, Hantuchova, Davenport). Probably the only game to actually use timing as a means to seperate the best from the rest.

Just like in real life, if someone slices the ball low, hitting a topspin shot off of that would be the smarter choice (if you'd hit a flat shot off of the slice, chances are that your ball will sail long/into the net). You can actually hit aces, even against the best returners (you need really good placement in order to do that though). Stamina is used so you can't just camp out along the baseline and rip flat shots 24/7 because then you'll lose all your energy and everything slows down from your court speed to your serve to your groundstrokes.

Their only downfal in regards to actual gameplay is their net game. It isn't well rounded as their baseline game and there really is no point in attacking the net whatsoever :o. Sometimes I feel adventurous and go to the net for some sneak attacks every now and then, but it really is pointless vs someone who understands the game well.

Also their career mode is just :o. It shows that this game was made more for playing with the already created cast of tennis players, because the options for clothes, raquets, hair, facial features, etc suck ass. Like 4 of my players look exactly the same, they just have different names :shrug:.

This game OWNS when you find someone who's at your level of the game and you can have sick ass rallies that literally last up to 2-3 minutes. I've had tons of rallies like that with one of my good friends. I used to get crushed by him, abrely winning sets. Then I went into the phase of winning the first sets, then bowing out easily afterwards, but now I've won the large majority of our last few matches.;)

I have that game too! I actually think the gameplay in that one is better than Top Spin1...if you take away the graphics. ;) The timing for the top spin shots is fair too, it's not ridiculously difficult like it is in Top Spin. My brother has it down beats me up all the time because of that.:smash:

Breakaway 05-09-2006 02:14 AM

Wow that sounds awesome. The only thing is tennis games get so easy after a while. I will get TopSpin2 once i get my XBOX 360! Jace you seem to already be an expert at the game :p

I am going to download VirtuaTennis for the computer, so I will see how that is :)

surfpinky 05-09-2006 02:15 AM

:banana:

Fee 05-09-2006 02:28 AM

Jace, I don't play video games at all, but I can tell you that Jan-Mike (uber nerd) HATES Top Spin 2. He thinks it's 'wretched' and not just because he's not in this one. I didn't even know he used words like 'wretched.' :lol:

J. Corwin 05-09-2006 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee
Jace, I don't play video games at all, but I can tell you that Jan-Mike (uber nerd) HATES Top Spin 2. He thinks it's 'wretched' and not just because he's not in this one. I didn't even know he used words like 'wretched.' :lol:

:haha:

I'd like to know what he thinks is a good tennis game. :p Mind asking him? :angel:

Maybe I should create a Jan-Mike and have him beat up the world.

Fee 05-09-2006 03:50 AM

You can ask him, use his MySpace page (put 'Top Spin 1 or 2?' in the subject line that way he won't take a week to answer it). Pretty sure he likes the first one a lot.

J. Corwin 05-09-2006 07:28 PM

"The Jackson fan club is a huge success...it now has 2341 members and continues to grow by leaps and bounds" :lol:

I won my first ATP level tournament and am now ranked 58! For some reason you need to be 50 or higher to qualify for the Masters Series in here...

J. Corwin 05-09-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee
You can ask him, use his MySpace page (put 'Top Spin 1 or 2?' in the subject line that way he won't take a week to answer it). Pretty sure he likes the first one a lot.

So I was being slow and didn't think of PM'ing him about it on there and just thought about commenting. So I couldn't comment because I wasn't his friend, so I requested to be his friend! So he added me and I just asked him on his comments thing: "Question of the day: TOP SPIN 1 OR TOP SPIN 2?"

He must think I'm weird. ;)

(p.s. I like the word so!)

Fee 05-09-2006 09:09 PM

I added you, since I was in the account to delete the fake Robby page. He hasn't been on much lately for some reason, less than a minute last night (that's what he told me anyway). Hopefully he'll get back to you soon. :)

gusman890 05-09-2006 11:29 PM

i like top spin 1 better IMO.

of course the limited number of real characters : Sampras, blake, hewitt, roberto, gam-bill, chang, grojean.

im surpised there is no agassi in there if they have sampras and chang, but who knows really...

Fee 05-10-2006 06:34 AM

Jace, check your comments. :lol:

J. Corwin 05-11-2006 04:55 AM

:lol: Wow, another halo geek.

Fee 05-11-2006 05:00 AM

Dude, he was in his account for about 2 minutes last night. Yours was the only comment he responded to. Uber nerd I tell you, UBER NERD! :lol: