MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Legg Mason Tennis Classic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=568)
-   -   Who's going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76112)

ae wowww 04-30-2006 09:23 PM

Who's going?

I usually attend as much of the UK grasscourt season as possible, and should be able to this year, but my exams are restricting some of this - although I get 2 months off, so I am planning to travel to some tournaments. This is most likely to be one of those, and so I would love advice or tips from anyone who has been in the past! Thanks :)

Scotso 05-05-2006 09:20 PM

Re: Who's going?

I plan on going. What kind of advice do you need?

savesthedizzle 05-06-2006 04:17 PM

I might go down for a day or so ;) Most likely Monday or Tuesday.

ae wowww 05-06-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatejBockoFan
I plan on going. What kind of advice do you need?

Well it sounds lazy, but any tips for around the tournament; best airport to go to?

I had a much better idea about what I wanted to know, when I originally made this post; now it seems I have forgotten :lol:

Scotso 05-07-2006 11:41 PM

Dulles is the major airport in DC and that would probably be your best bet. There's a Metro stop right at the airport. There's also a Days Inn just down the street a little from the Metro stop where the free shuttle picks people up to take them to the tournament site, so if you need a hotel that's one to consider. There are also a few hostels in D.C. but I have no idea where they are in relation to the tournament/Metro stops.

Jess, if you're going we totally need to meet up :wavey:

ae wowww 05-08-2006 08:29 AM

It seems Opodo can do me a return (via Charles De Gaulle) for 586.60 to Washington Dulles. That's not too bad, but the flight seems pretty long :D!

jole 05-09-2006 07:13 PM

I'll either be going to Washington or Cincinnati, and a slight chance of both.

AsianSensation 06-06-2006 09:03 PM

Man, the academic gods must hate me. The final week of summer school falls on the tournament week. Part of me says don't go, but it's so close to home, I could sneak out for a round or two, no? :devil:

Socket 06-07-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatejBockoFan
Dulles is the major airport in DC and that would probably be your best bet. There's a Metro stop right at the airport. There's also a Days Inn just down the street a little from the Metro stop where the free shuttle picks people up to take them to the tournament site, so if you need a hotel that's one to consider. There are also a few hostels in D.C. but I have no idea where they are in relation to the tournament/Metro stops.

Jess, if you're going we totally need to meet up :wavey:

Reagan National Airport is much, much closer, although it's not an international airport. Dulles does not have a Metro subway stop, National does. You can take a private bus (Dulles Flyer) to a Metro stop from Dulles. But Dulles is a good 45-50 minutes, minimum, to DC itself, while National is about 5 minutes to the District.

Scotso 06-08-2006 03:23 AM

Are you sure? I could have sworn my metro stopped at Dulles. But maybe it was Reagan. Odd.

But still, he would have to fly into Dulles.

Scotso 06-08-2006 03:25 AM

You're right, it was Reagan. Sorry!

happy928 06-10-2006 12:47 AM

I'm going....I bought my GOLD Package back in FEBURARY.......

VAMOS BLAKE AND RODDICK!!!!!!! Love to see Berdshiet and Muller do well in this tourney as well.....

Oj-Ala 06-10-2006 04:11 AM

Hello !

I will be going (for the first time) too !!!! :wavey:

savesthedizzle 06-11-2006 03:29 PM

Scott- I'll probably go down for like... 2 days and 1 night... not yet finalized... I need to look into hotels, but since I'll be driving, I don't really care where I stay so much since I'll have my car and I'm not afraid to use it. But yeahhhhhh we will hang out :)

Scotso 06-17-2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savestheday91
Scott- I'll probably go down for like... 2 days and 1 night... not yet finalized... I need to look into hotels, but since I'll be driving, I don't really care where I stay so much since I'll have my car and I'm not afraid to use it. But yeahhhhhh we will hang out :)

If I go you could totally stay with my sister and me. When do you think you might be going?