MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   How long have YOU played? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=75938)

anserq 04-28-2006 03:50 AM

How long have YOU played?

How long have you played tennis? At what level? ( High school, college, other )
The poll is just to see how long you've played, other stats which go with experience are welcome.

Kristen 04-28-2006 04:02 AM

Re: Years of experience playing tennis

For me, it would be in terms of days, or hours even.
I despise (playing) this sport :tape:

anserq 04-28-2006 04:12 AM

Re: Years of experience playing tennis

in terms of days or hours even?? meaning? lol
Did you pick 10 years+? thats a long time! :eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristen
For me, it would be in terms of days, or hours even.
I despise (playing) this sport :tape:

AgassiDomination 04-28-2006 04:14 AM

Re: How long have YOU played?

I played mostly in highschool, I picked up my dusty racket in January and now I got my groove thang back. ;)

Clara Bow 04-28-2006 04:18 AM

I've played off and on since I was 11 (so that would be 15+ years - I accidentaly put in 10+...guess I forgot how old I am). I played on my high school team and since college have gone in spurts where I don't play that much at all versus other times where I have gone out and played a lot with other people. I have never played any league tennis- I prefer it just as a way to exercise with friends and/or my husband. I could see myself playing league tennis later in my life, but just not now.

~EMiLiTA~ 04-28-2006 04:45 AM

i played for 10 years, starting at the age of 7 but stopped about 4 years ago cos i didn't have a lot of time. i'd like to start up again though...none of my friends play so it's a bit hard :(

megadeth 04-28-2006 05:02 AM

i've played for about 14 yrs now. but it's always hard to find a friend to play with. i usually play with folks i don't know in a club.

the perils of loving a sport that's not as popular as soccer and basketball... sigh...

Jelena 04-28-2006 09:35 AM

Not one second ;) I even never had a racket in my hand

Howard 04-28-2006 11:25 AM

Iíve been playing steadily for 25 years with occasional breaks to deal with the minor encumbrances of life such as eating, sleeping, earning a living and raising a family.

Peoples 04-28-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena
Not one second ;) I even never had a racket in my hand

Thanks for the good explanation to why you have "vamos Mariano" in your signature. :wavey:

kataanna 04-28-2006 12:00 PM

I chose 1year+ but very irregularly. In my small town not many ppl are interested in tennis not to mention playing it ;) I really regret not having played earlier but I hope to make up for it :)

Jelena 04-28-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples
Thanks for the good explanation to why you have "vamos Mariano" in your signature. :wavey:

??? Am I stupid? I don't understand that comment :confused:

Nathaliia 04-28-2006 12:44 PM

I have tried to play, actually. My wrist is a mess from volleyball so it was a terrible pain with every tennis hit. I still tried for few weeks when I was 14 and then some time when I was 16, against the wall because I didn't have anyone to practise with, it's so unpopular sport here (once I played in a court but without serving :o)

I think this holiday I'll try again as my wrist has been calm last months, and I might go to the courts with my father :bounce:

The Pro 04-28-2006 12:49 PM

People stick with tennis if they can get past the early hurdles of

-serving properly
-deciding on their back-handedness
-running around after balls (buy more!)
-getting a decent raquet, not the sport centre's

After that it draws you back, cos you get steadily better at it as time goes on. Like life....

anserq 04-28-2006 01:12 PM

SO many people with 15 years or more of experience? very nice to seee this hehe, atleast i know im not talking to unexperienced people here at MTF :D