MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   Backhand grip (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=75929)

perfect_spy 04-27-2006 11:57 PM

Backhand grip

Hello fellow MTF posters!

I have a question about my backhand grip, well it is not really my grip it is more of the place ment of my hands. I am right handed and when I prepare to hit a backhand I have my right hand in the standard place, but then I place my left hand right on top of my right hand. I was wondering is their many players that play the way I do? should I change my backhand grip? and do any pro player use that same backhand as mine, if so which ones, do you have any pictures?

Thanks for your time :wavey:

alfonsojose 04-28-2006 12:04 AM

Re: Backhand grip

you mean, you start with a one-handed backhand grip and then you grab the grip with the other hand :eek:

If it works :shrug:

alfonsojose 04-28-2006 12:05 AM

some pics of your grip could be better :yeah:

Jimnik 04-28-2006 12:27 AM

:lol: No, I certainly wouldn't recommend placing your left hand on top of your right hand. Your right hand should remain where it is and your left hand should be placed next to it.

I suggest gripping your left hand with a forehand grip and your right hand with a backhand or service grip. You should effectively try to do a left-handed forehand but with your right hand on the racket.

megadeth 04-28-2006 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfect_spy
Hello fellow MTF posters!

but then I place my left hand right on top of my right hand. I was wondering is their many players that play the way I do? should I change my backhand grip? and do any pro player use that same backhand as mine, if so which ones, do you have any pictures?

Thanks for your time :wavey:

you've got to be kidding right? even by watching tv, you'll see that no pro who plays a 2-handed backhand have both hands on top of another. all play it next to each other...

even folks who play baseball, golf, and hockey, have their 2 hands next together and not on top of one another...

if you play it the way you explained it, you're better off being a one-hander than a 2-hander...

AgassiDomination 04-28-2006 04:18 AM

Yeah pal, change that grip asap.

FederalExpress 07-11-2006 02:31 AM

For a right handed player using a 2 handed backhand I prefer having the right hand at the butt of the racquet and in a continental (serve) grip. With the left hand I like a semi western forehand grip for a lefty.

Patrick_Steele 07-19-2006 02:42 AM

Just use a continental grip and be done with it, unless you can't do one, in which case an eastern and if you can't do that, then you can't play tennis, cause hitting a BH with a western is so goofy.