MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mike & Bob Bryan Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (Roland Garros) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=74815)

Deboogle!. 04-12-2006 03:10 AM

The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (Roland Garros)

Boys start off in Houston, playing Paul Goldstein/Thomas Blake tomorrow.

Here's to a great clay season for the guys! :drink:

Amber 04-12-2006 10:27 AM

Re: The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (First up: Houston)

I'm excited about the clay court season. Hopefully Bob and Mike can keep up this roll their on and cap it off at the French! ;) Good luck guys!

Tinne 04-12-2006 10:47 AM

Re: The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (First up: Houston)

:lol: Funny thread title deb! They probably are the only Americans to do well on clay! ;) No offense to the other players of course...

I looked at the draw and I'm very excited about Houston! There are only 2 top teams there, being Mike and Bob and Nestor/Knowles and those last ones are out already. :) Looks like a great chance to get another title... ;) Go Mike and Bob!!

Mashik 04-12-2006 02:50 PM

Great title, deb! :yeah: :lol:

Good luck for Mike & Bob in today's match and always! :bounce: :)

How do you think, how many chances for them to win RG again? ;)

Deboogle!. 04-12-2006 04:05 PM

Glad you guys like the title, it seemed fitting for the clay season :p

I think they have a great chance at winning RG again - I think the Bryans are awesome enough on any surface to win pretty much any tourney they enter :) Even when they lose it's not usually b/c they play badly it's b/c the other team has a great day, so yeah :D

cobalt60 04-12-2006 05:51 PM

hear hear!

surfpinky 04-12-2006 08:49 PM

:yippee:

Deboogle!. 04-13-2006 12:04 AM

They won their first match 6-3 6-4:D

Björki 04-13-2006 08:59 AM

Bryans Begin Quest to Beat Houston Hoodoo

Stanford ATP Doubles Race leaders Bob and Mike Bryan breezed into the quarterfinals of the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships Wednesday with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Thomas Blake and Paul Goldstein.

The Bryans improved to an impressive 24-3 on the season. They have reached the semifinals or better in every event they have played this season and in their past two tournaments reached back-to-back ATP Masters Series finals in Miami and Indian Wells.

But despite winning back-to-back Tennis Masters Cup titles in Houston, the Westside Tennis Club has not been a happy hunting ground in their three appearances there in the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships. The Bryans come into this year's tournament with a modest 2-3 record in the event in Houston, although they did reach the final of the event when it was held in Orlando in 1999.

The Bryans are chasing their third title of the year following victories at the Australian Open and in Las Vegas.

Deboogle!. 04-14-2006 03:46 AM

Well, not this year :o they lost 7-5 6-7(4) 7-10.... had a MP at some point in there, probably late in the 2nd. Too bad, they are good on clay but can't seem to do well. First time all year they've lost before the semis :(

Tinne 04-14-2006 11:57 AM

Aww too bad! :(

Up to Monte Carlo it is! Good luck there guys!

Björki 04-14-2006 06:08 PM

Yes go to MC pls :bounce:

I will be there :banana:

Björki 04-16-2006 07:58 AM

The Bryans are not going to MC :sad: :sad:

Mashik 04-16-2006 08:11 AM

:crying2:
Why??? :sad:
And does anybody know, why all americans won't play there?????

Deboogle!. 04-16-2006 02:56 PM

Well most of them probably want a break at home for a little longer b/c they know they won't do well there, but the Bryans made the final last year and had plenty of time to make it over there. I guess they didn't want to go either :shrug: They've played a lot this year and hadn't had any time off, but I dunno :(