MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Jarkko Nieminen Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   Davis Cup (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=73874)

kalle 04-01-2006 11:49 AM

Davis Cup
 
Next DC match is Finland-Ireland 7-9.4! camoon Finland and Jarkko :worship:

Labamba 04-01-2006 02:27 PM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Tie Info

Europe/Africa Zone Group II 2006
1st Round
Tali Tennis Center, Helsinki, Finland
Stadium Capacity: 1500
07 April - 09 April 2006
Day 1: 1500 hrs (1200 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1400 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1300 hrs (1000 hrs GMT)

Surface: Hard (Greenset) - Indoors
Ball Type: Slazenger Wimbledon Ultra Vis Hydroguard

:wavey: Smasher, which day are you going to go there? I'm going on Friday to watch the first two singles matches. Who else is coming?

kalle 04-02-2006 06:15 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Im goming on friday too!

bluesky_rachel 04-02-2006 08:37 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Best of luck,Jarkko and Finland!:worship:

JMG 04-02-2006 09:33 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
It’s a tough year for Finland in Daviscup. If they can beat Ireland and Algeria/Slovenia, they would have a possible 3rd round tie in Greece. At the moment they wouldn’t be favourite to win in Greece against Economidis/Mazarakis on clay and I even think that the first two rounds are very difficult. Both Algeria and Slovenia have some good players who are playing on the ITF tour unlike Ketola. Slovenia would be an away game, Algeria would be a first Daviscup meeting.

My prediction for Ireland is 3-2 for Finland. I think Louk Sorensen will beat Ketola on Friday.

Smasher 04-02-2006 04:07 PM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Labamba
:wavey: Smasher, which day are you going to go there? I'm going on Friday to watch the first two singles matches. Who else is coming?

:wavey: I'm going either on Friday or on Sunday. I'm not absolutely sure yet.

Labamba 04-06-2006 11:08 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
R1 - J.NIEMINEN (FIN) v K.SORENSEN (IRL)
R2 - J.PAUKKU (FIN) v L.SORENSEN (IRL)

R3 - T.KETOLA / L.KIISKI (FIN) v K.SORENSEN / L.SORENSEN (IRL)

R4 - J.NIEMINEN (FIN) v L.SORENSEN (IRL)
R5 - J.PAUKKU (FIN) v K.SORENSEN (IRL)

A lot of faith in Juho! :eek:

Smasher 04-06-2006 11:24 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Labamba
R1 - J.NIEMINEN (FIN) v K.SORENSEN (IRL)
R2 - J.PAUKKU (FIN) v L.SORENSEN (IRL)

R3 - T.KETOLA / L.KIISKI (FIN) v K.SORENSEN / L.SORENSEN (IRL)

R4 - J.NIEMINEN (FIN) v L.SORENSEN (IRL)
R5 - J.PAUKKU (FIN) v K.SORENSEN (IRL)

A lot of faith in Juho! :eek:

Well this was a surprise :eek: :scared:

JMG 04-06-2006 11:33 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
OMG :eek: :tape:

Labamba 04-06-2006 11:37 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smasher
Well this was a surprise :eek: :scared:

It's going to be interesting to see tomorrow, how Juho will handle the pressure and perform in a best-of-5 sets match. Hopefully the crowd can give him the lift that he needs. :)

Labamba 04-06-2006 11:41 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMG
OMG :eek: :tape:

Team captain Berner must be seeing something in training that can't be seen in the results. :tape:

Nathaliia 04-06-2006 11:43 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
I might see Poland - Latvia but I guess nothing interesting :rolleyes:

Smasher 04-06-2006 11:44 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Labamba
It's going to be interesting to see tomorrow, how Juho will handle the pressure and perform in a best-of-5 sets match. Hopefully the crowd can give him the lift that he needs. :)

He surely needs a lot of support there. ;) And Ketola/Kiiski in doubles, this will be a very interesting weekend :p

Labamba 04-06-2006 11:57 AM

Re: Davis Cup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smasher
He surely needs a lot of support there. ;) And Ketola/Kiiski in doubles, this will be a very interesting weekend :p

It surely will be. Have you decided on which days you're going? Juho's match tomorrow is going to be really exciting, I can't wait! :D :scared:

Smasher 04-06-2006 03:29 PM

Re: Davis Cup
 
I'm rather sure that I'm going tomorrow. :wavey:


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.