MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Masters Cup Houston (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Who will reach SF? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=6741)

Yashirobai 11-05-2003 08:46 PM

Who will reach SF?

OK, now that the draw is done (...), who will reach SF? I guess:

Blue Group:
Ferrero
Federer

Red Group:
Roddick
Moy

Deboogle!. 11-05-2003 08:48 PM

Re: Who will reach SF?

No clue.... I think it'll totally depend on who's healthy, fresh, and there to win. There could be some surprises for sure.

Yashirobai 11-05-2003 08:51 PM

Well, yes, I agree, obviously it will depend on how healthy are players... but suppousing they are all OK, that's what I say.

TennisLurker 11-05-2003 09:17 PM

I dont think Federer can beat Nalbandian and Agassi.

WyverN 11-05-2003 10:22 PM

Re: Re: Who will reach SF?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisLurker
I dont think Federer can beat Nalbandian and Agassi.

Why not?
Federer can beat anyone

Sjengster 11-05-2003 10:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Who will reach SF?

Except those two, specifically - the head-to-head is 8-0 collectively in favour of Nalbandian and Agassi, and his record against Ferrero ain't too hot either. I do think it's possible that he can get wins against them for the first time, but having heard about his attitude going into Houston - something along the lines of enjoying himself and not putting too much pressure on himself - I doubt this will be the week he does it.

WyverN 11-05-2003 11:23 PM

Well Federer can beat them in any match all the same, could very well be this week

Roland 11-06-2003 01:04 AM

It's all mental for Federer, If he was to beat both Agassi and Nalbandian it could be a big breakthrough for him. I also think that his attitude is good since he had a similar outlook going into wimbledon and we know the type of tennis he played there. He can beat Ferrero, their last match was a bit of a fluke I think. He has done better against agassi every time they've played and agassi is coming off a long layoff, so I don't really know how he'll play, but I think federer has the game to beat him. Nalbandian is a question mark to even play and if he did, he probably wouldn't be at full health, which may give Federer the edge he needs to win. A lot of people are writing off Federer awfully early just because of the names in his draw.

federerfan7465 11-06-2003 01:14 AM

If theres one guy i wouldnt mind Andre losing to, its roger.
I wouldnt mind Roger over Moya in One Semi
and Andre def. Roddick in another

Then Roger and Andre battle it out, I'll just sit back and relax because i think we all know that Agassi vs Federer will be the prettiest and msot exciting match

Maybe im just biased

J. Corwin 11-06-2003 02:07 AM

I don't think Federer will make it to the SF...he'll have to overcome all of his big hurdles consecutively, all the while apparently not having much confidence at the moment.

Jessi 11-06-2003 03:32 AM

Ferrero
Agassi

Roddick
Schuttler

claudine140 11-06-2003 05:52 AM

ferrero and federe
roddick and .. i do hope moya.

Jorge 11-06-2003 10:57 AM

Roddick and Moy
Federer and Ferrero or Agassi, I don't know how much Andre is going to be affected by the lack of matchplay.

jtipson 11-06-2003 11:45 AM

Roddick, Coria, Ferrero and Nalbandian (if he's fit, otherwise Agassi). That's an objective pick, my subjective pick would be completely the opposite.

Chrisie 11-06-2003 01:27 PM

Well, if Federer beats Agassi and Nalbandian, he may as well win the whole thing. I'm not convinced.

I hope: Roddick and Coria
Ferrero and Agassi