MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mardy Fish Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   The "OMG HE WON FIVE MATCHES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Spring US Season thread! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=66719)

Deboogle!. 01-23-2006 11:57 PM

The "OMG HE WON FIVE MATCHES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Spring US Season thread!

Only a week til Mardy returns, hopefully this time for good!!! It'll be a long way back, since he's only a few weeks short of qualifying for injury protection (if only he hadn't tried to play the USO:().

He's playing Delray, then I imagine he will get WCs for San Jose, Memphis, and Vegas, and hopefully IW and Miami too.

C'mon Mardy, show us you did a lot of hard work during your time off :bounce:

surfpinky 01-24-2006 01:26 AM

Re: The "he's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! This time it's for real!!!!" Spring US Season thread!

:banana:

aceit 01-24-2006 05:35 PM

Re: The "he's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! This time it's for real!!!!" Spring US Season thread!

Spring? February isn't spring. :p

But YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! :D

Deboogle!. 01-24-2006 09:27 PM

:ras: That is generally what the season is referred to..... pshhhhh *talk to the hand*

pieross 01-25-2006 12:31 PM

yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Mardy welcome back!!
i cant wait to see you on count again......
counting the days...

Aleksa's Laydee 01-25-2006 05:55 PM

Lets Go Mardy Lets Go!!!

Jennay 01-26-2006 12:09 AM

MARDY!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Carito_90 01-26-2006 12:11 AM

MAAAAAAAAAAAARDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! YAY!

I miss him. I hope he can make a comeback like James did or something like that. (please don't let this jinx him. :sobbing: )

aceit 01-26-2006 01:40 AM

Caro, I think you possibly jinxing him is the least of his problems. :p

surfpinky 01-26-2006 10:55 PM

lol

omc I can't wait! mardy! :banana:

aceit 01-26-2006 11:31 PM

4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited
Now he has to win a match :p

surfpinky 01-26-2006 11:39 PM

DAMNIT, IF HE LOSES IN THE FIRST ROUND, I WILL DRIVE DOWN THERE AND KICK HIS BUTT.
|:

-sOfia- 01-27-2006 12:07 AM

Camaawwn Mardy.

Deboogle!. 01-28-2006 03:45 AM

aww, mardy's gonna be on a radio thing tomorrow that's broadcast online. I won't be here to hear it so maybe someone can tell us about it
================
On Eve Of Return, Fish To Appear On Tennis Live Online

By Tennis Week
01/27/2006

Sidelined for much of last season after undergoing surgery on his left wrist, Mardy Fish will launch his comeback at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships next week. You can ask Fish about his return to tournament tennis, the state of his health and game and his plans for the 2006 season and listen to his reply tomorrow.

Fish, who has been training daily under the guidance of fitness guru Pat Etcheberry in Saddlebrook, Florida, will appear on Tennisliveonline.com tomorrow (Saturday) at 1 p.m. Eastern time. Tennisliveonline.com is a one-hour tennis show devoted to tennis. The show is broadcast on two AM radio stations 1510 The Zone (Sporting News Radio in Boston) and 1320 The Drive (Sporting News Radio Providence) and web cast online at Tennisliveonline.com. You can email your questions for Fish to Tennisliveonline.com now or phone (866) 337-ZONE (9663) at 1 p.m. on Saturday to talk tennis. Registration to the web site is free.

"We want the show to be a standard sports talk radio show where people can email questions and comments and call in live to talk tennis," host Todd Skovron told Tennis Week today. "So we're encouraging all tennis fans to email and call us. If you want to send questions for Mardy Fish, talk Australian Open, talk about Baghdatis, talk about Hingis, that's great. We want it to be an interactive show."

Past guests have included Jim Courier, Taylor Dent, Mary Joe Fernandez, Hall of Fame writer and Tennis Week senior feature writer Bud Collins. Archived segments of those interviews are available at Tennisliveonline.com.

The 24-year-old Fish, who reached a career-high rank of No. 17 in March of 2004, appeared poised for a breakthrough that year as he advanced to the Athens Olympic Games gold medal match and held a lead before bowing to Chile's Nicolas Massu. Fish helped the United States reach the Davis Cup final in December of 2004 in Seville, Spain where the Americans were overwhelmed by former No. 1 Carlos Moya and a rising teenager named Rafael Nadal, who played the type of tennis that would propel him to the Roland Garros title just six months later.

Preparing for his return to the pro circuit, Fish has been hitting with his friend, James Blake, near his Tampa home this week. Prior to his wrist surgery, Fish's questionable conditioning had slowed his progress, but Blake told Tennis Week in a conference call today Fish has been devoted to a rigorous workout regimen with Etcheberry in Saddlebrook.

"I hit with him the last few days here in Tampa. He's hitting the ball well. He's very excited to get back on the road and go to Delray Beach, and he's looking better," Blake said of Fish. "That's something that I think will just take a little time to get back. But he's in much better shape than he was when he played a few years ago. He's been working out at Saddlebrook very religiously. He's been up at six a.m. and working out and going for extra jogs and everything he can. I definitely sympathize with him because I remember the times when you don't have a tournament coming up and you're injured or sick and you can't do anything else and you want to get back. It sometimes manifests in working out and getting into better shape and knowing that hopefully it's going to help you out in the long run. I think it'll help him out in the long run because he's in better shape, and that breeds confidence when he works harder. He definitely feels like he's worked harder over the last couple months that most of the guys who are on Tour. I think that's definitely going to help him."

Blake, who strengthened his stamina during his time off from tennis as he recovered from a fractured vertebrae in his neck, said Fish will inevitably go through a transition period upon his initial return as he accumulates more match play.

" It's going to take time because no matter how good you are or how hard you've worked, there's no substitute for playing matches," Blake said. "I think he needs to get a few matches in, and then once he gets a little bit of confidence in match play, I think he's going to get that ranking right back up there."

surfpinky 01-28-2006 05:11 PM

is it working for anyone? It's not working for me. ):