MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Guillermo Coria Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   2006 pictures (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=63643)

Washa Koroleva 01-03-2006 01:22 PM

2006 pictures

This year's pictures.;)

Truc 01-03-2006 03:00 PM

Re: 2006 pictures

Oh, I thought you actually had some new pics to post when I saw the thread title! :lol:

This thread will be so horrible if he wears his ridiculous outfit during the whole year (we'll have to make separate threads "practice and off-court"/"match pics" then, I can't watch all the orange pics, they hurt my eyes). :(

star 01-03-2006 03:40 PM

I like his new outfit. I'd be happier if it weren't orange though.

Baseline 01-03-2006 04:49 PM

Pics of the Adidas winter line showing in Tennis Warehouse shop have that shirt in a kind of different version, less busy with less stripes. That style of shirt did not show up in the Adidas shop (on Adidas website) for some reason though, so I'm wondering how long it will be in their line-up?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...-AMC4TFT.html#

It also comes in a really nice blue which I prefer too. I'm generally in favor of seeing more color and I'm not opposed outright to orange, but that shirt is already kind of radical in style, so a more subtle color would help offset it.

In blue:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...-AMC4TFT.html#

I'm not sure how much choice players have in which new items they will wear and in what colors. Contracts can be a mixed blessing.

The full Adidas winter line is shown here:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/MAAdidas.html

Truc 01-03-2006 05:51 PM

Thanks for the links, the blue one is MUCH better!
The color is indeed the main problem, you were right, star. The cut is OK, I just can't get used to the orange and the shiny stripes, I "startle" every time I see pics of Shanghai.
But the strips don't look sooo bad with another less flashy color.

Oh well, let's hope he'll wear the blue one!

16681 01-03-2006 08:05 PM

You know until I got in the MTF I didn't realize how much contracts had to do with what the players wore? I mean I think I had it backwards I thought the players told the company what they liked and the company came up with a line for that player, but apparently the player has to wear what the company comes up with :rolleyes: And in some cases that isn't good :eek: But really I like to watch Guille play tennis so much I don't mind the orange on him at all :) Even if orange isn't my personal favorite color!

Baseline 01-03-2006 09:32 PM

Link to a nice bio and cute pic of Guille on the Adidas site - from the "Ads & Downloads" menu choice, Athletes:

http://www.adidas.com/verticals/tenn...mo%20Coria.asp

I'm still haven't seen a pic of the shirt Guille wore in Shanghai on the Adidas site, will post if I do.

tennyfan 01-04-2006 11:33 AM

My husband is a distance runner and just purchased a pair of the pants with similar elastic support bands (like the support bands on Guille's shirt). The pants look funny on him, but he said it makes a huge difference when he's running. Apparently, the "stripes" on the pants support the muscles used in running and help to prevent injury. The new Adidas shirt probably does the same for Guille, and we know the shoulder area is one that he needs extra support in since the surgery.

I agree, I like the cut of the shirt ... not necessarily the stripes or the color. But it sounds like it will help him, so hopefully it's something we'll get used to.

Baseline 01-04-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennyfan
My husband is a distance runner and just purchased a pair of the pants with similar elastic support bands (like the support bands on Guille's shirt). The pants look funny on him, but he said it makes a huge difference when he's running. Apparently, the "stripes" on the pants support the muscles used in running and help to prevent injury. The new Adidas shirt probably does the same for Guille, and we know the shoulder area is one that he needs extra support in since the surgery.

I agree, I like the cut of the shirt ... not necessarily the stripes or the color. But it sounds like it will help him, so hopefully it's something we'll get used to.

A good point - Tenniswarehouse description of that:

"This compression top features polyurethane (TPU) bands for additional rotational shoulder support and enhanced spatial awareness. This lightweight top also features both ClimaCool and ForMotion technolgies. The ClimaCool is constantly working to fend off heat and sweat by using ventilation and three-dimensional fabric to allow cool air to constantly flow in and out. The ForMotion proactively aids sport-specific motion. By placing compression fabric in specific body locations the ForMotion actually controls and enhances muscle activity and maintains proper form."

It specifically mentions additional rotational shoulder support which could be v. important and helpful post-surgery. I was just reading about a Johns Hopkins U. study on what upper body abilities enable the most powerful serves:

"Those players with excellent flexibility of the shoulder when the arm moved
straight ahead--or when the arm rotated inward--were likely to have
much stronger serves than individuals with tight shoulders."

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0271.htm

And of note - triceps & rotational strength seem key:

"The best predictor of serve velocity of all was 'elbow extension torque', ie, the ability of the triceps muscles in the serving arm to exert power. Also very important was the strength of internal rotation of the shoulder (the power exerted when the arm is rotated inwards towards the body)--and especially the ratio between shoulder internal-rotation and external- rotation strength. Those players with a ratio of about 4:3 (between internal-rotation and external-rotation strength) had the most powerful services."

star 01-04-2006 04:03 PM

Interesting stuff about the shoulder and the serve.

napki 01-05-2006 02:08 AM

no, no no no no, please no more of those costumes, for halloween or anything else. I wanna cry when i think of a possibility of him wearing this thing all year long. :hysteric:
Blue looks better indeed but i think i'll still need some normal "boring" wear intermission between the stripped ones. :ras:

I hope that this new technology, the strips and the fabric that Adidas uses in those shirts are noticeably helpful for the athletes.

Imagine Guille winning something big next year and thanking Adidas shirt design in helping him to the victory! If he does that i'll have to go and buy one of those shirts to see what's the big difference. Maybe i'll help me to beat this guy who for some reason kept winning last year. :p

psichogaucho 01-06-2006 06:31 PM

three pics from "La Nación" interview :)

Sommarsverige 01-06-2006 07:28 PM

Nice pics, thank you psichogaucho :hug:

Guille's Girl 01-07-2006 02:16 AM

Thanks for the pics!!! :banana: :hug: Guille's got some big feet @.@ Probably to match....ya know...anyway!

Wow! No one likes his shirt!! LMAO!!! :haha: I was trying to like it! First time I saw it, ok, it was a shock like :eek: and my mom was like "What you don't like orange?" and I was like "The color is fine! It's just the SHIRT!" and she was like "Oh well he's just trying to show his six-pack" and I was thinkin' "Yeah, what little there is" :p Yeah, my mom is so frickin' cool :rocker2: So anyway, I was getting used to it and the blue does look a hell of a lot better. I mean, it's not THAT bad, but it's not that good either. I don't even know if it's "ok" :confused: It's just...a shirt with no adjectives :haha: As far as I'm concerned, I'm gonna laugh. Thsi whole subject about his shirt is just too funny not to laugh. I bet Serena is jealous LMAO! She'll be like "OMG! His shirt is tighter than mine!" :haha:

Pearl 01-07-2006 05:05 AM

psichogaucho, thank u, your pix are nice.

GG, your words are so funny!:D:D