MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   The Andy Roddick Cheering Thread! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=631)

Chloe le Bopper 08-02-2002 08:33 PM

The Andy Roddick Cheering Thread!

:cough:

GO Andy ;)

TennisHack 08-02-2002 10:00 PM

YOU, Rebecca? :eek: The same person who started the Deprication Hall of Fame thread? ;)

Chloe le Bopper 08-03-2002 01:18 AM

I thought that it would be ironic.

TennisHack 08-03-2002 01:37 AM

How's this for ironic? Andy Roddick is in the semis of a TMS event With a chance to win it :)

Chloe le Bopper 08-03-2002 02:04 AM

He has been in the semis before, and lost. its not his first semi, he got spanked by Haas last time me thinks.

TennisHack 08-03-2002 04:35 AM

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the clay event. Whoops :o

Well, I hope there is a Haas/Roddick final. I think Tommy will have the harder time getting there. I don't like Caņas at all :mad: He stopped my beloved Russians :mad:

Chloe le Bopper 08-03-2002 05:05 AM

Yes a Tommy- Roddick final would be best IMO.

Though if you are looking for Roddick to win, root for Canas, because he will have a harder time with Tommy.

TennisHack 08-03-2002 06:55 AM

I'd like for Tommy to win. He needs to solidify his confidence after the long time away.

Plus, I don't think I could bear having more of the hateful Caņas on my tapes.

Chloe le Bopper 08-03-2002 11:36 PM

More Canas for you :o

Chloe le Bopper 08-03-2002 11:40 PM

In truth I think Novak will lose to Andy tonight - Andy has the crowd with him, even after what happened with Nico, and its just his second match on center, so they will be loud for him I imagine.

TennisHack 08-04-2002 01:29 AM

Well, Andy was very, very impressive against Novak tonight. It only took him 50 minutes to clean the court. I put a little report in the scores thread, but basically I can sum it up as this: he is playing controlled, mature points; mixing his slice backhand (and even a few slice forehands :eek: ) in nicely; and the crowd was going wild. I think the crowd will play a big role in the final--they have been pretty intimidating from the reports I've seen :D It will be a good matchup with Caņas, but I hope something gets to the little Argentine!!

tennischick 08-04-2002 02:43 PM

TennisHack: i must admit that Pandy looked good against Jiri last night. pissed me off truly bec he was playing clean, powerful tennis. i kept thinking that Jiri's experience would kick in and he would take over but it didn't.

much as i hate to admit it, i think that Pandy has a good chance against my dahlin' Caņas. first of all, Caņas has serious tendinitis in the wrist and he has had some really long matches. second, Andy hits the ball harder and he is hitting it cleaner. third, the Canadians will root for RodPrick unfortunately.

Caņas' only strength is his speed. those tree-truck legs can run really fast and he chases down everything. i hope the weather cools off a bit so that he can run all day and spank Pandy's butt. whatever happens, it will be a good match and i'm thrilled for Caņas that he is in the finals.

now it's Sunday so i really should make the effort to forgive Jiri...:)
Caņas

Chloe le Bopper 08-04-2002 03:18 PM

REgarding the weather - I'm about 40 minutes from the site here, and there is little humidity, a cool breeze, sunny with some cloud cover - gorgeous.

I hope it stays this way.

TennisHack 08-04-2002 08:08 PM

Well, Andy fell under the Caņas curse. I didn't see all of the match (damn VCR) but I did see the last four games and good grief was he frustrated.

Oh, well. It was his first TMS final. There will be many more, I'm sure.

I hope Michel can act on this letdown and win against Andy on Tuesday. Apparently Michel can get fiesty, too, so it'll be a battle of the tempers :fiery:

Dissident 08-05-2002 05:29 AM

If someone cares, I posted some notes I made during the match on both the final scores live thread at Toronto forum and the Canasī thread at Chicos Latinos. :)