MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tommy Haas (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   TOMMY'S GOT A NEW COACH!!! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=62691)

Als 12-19-2005 09:45 PM

TOMMY'S GOT A NEW COACH!!!

Hey everyone!

Tommy's finally got a new coach! He's updated his homepage (only in German though :sad: ), and he talks about his new coach. I can't make out who it is, but his first name is Thomas. Anyone know who it is?

Anyway, this Thomas guy said this about our Tommy:

"I am of the opinion that Tommy has an enormous potential, what he does not empty always full. Exactly that makes the work with it so attractively - I please me thereon."

Yay, hopefully this will finally mean Tommy gets back to the top of the game, and fufills his huge potential.

You're the best Hasi!!!

GOOD LUCK FOR THE '06 SEASON, HOPE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

16681 12-19-2005 11:51 PM

Re: TOMMY'S GOT A NEW COACH!!!

The information on Tommy's new coach has already been posted. I believe it is in the thread about Tommy's 2006 plans. But thanks for the information about what the coach said at the website :) I can't read any German so I wish they would get the English version going :sad:

Fee 12-20-2005 04:06 AM

Thomas Hogstedt, the guy who used to coach Kiefer.

Fee 12-20-2005 05:27 AM

The homepage blurb:

Thomas Hogstedt ist mein neuer Coach

Ab Januar 2006 werde ich mit dem Schweden auf der ATP-Tour unterwegs sein.
Nach der trainerlosen Übergangszeit, freue ich mich, Euch meinen neuen Coach präsentieren zu können. Thomas hat mich bereits seit einiger Zeit beobachtet und bot mir vor drei Wochen an, mit mir zu arbeiten.

Thomas ist 42 Jahre alt, war selber viele Jahre als Spieler auf der Tour unterwegs. Sein letztes Turnier bestritt er 1995. Seit dem ist Hogstedt als Coach aktiv. Magnus Norman, Jonas Björkman und auch Nicolas Kiefer haben erfolgreich unter ihm gespielt. Er selbst sagt: "Ich bin der Meinung, dass Tommy ein enormes Potential hat, was er nicht immer voll ausschöpft. Genau das macht die Arbeit mit ihm so attraktiv - ich freue mich drauf."

Ich mich auch. Thomas ist bereits seit einigen Tagen in Florida, um mich optimal auf die neue Saison einzustellen.

And loosely, that says that he and Thomas have already been working together in Florida to prepare for the 2006 season. Thomas, a former player who last played a tournament in 1995, has already successfully coached other players like Magnus Norman, Jonas Bjorkman, and Nicolas Kiefer.

Interesting...

Neely 12-20-2005 05:44 PM

I still find it strange that Hogstedt and Kiefer split up because Hogstedt can spend more time with his family then, and we don't know what happened behind locked door and how honest which one of them was in this statement.

But I hope that Hogstedt is also good for Tommy (for Kiwi he definitely was!) and we all know he can play better than (especially) last season. So lets hope it will be a successful partnership for them! :yeah:

Alexiana 12-20-2005 06:02 PM

That's what I think. Some people already start to insult Tommy that he is stealing Hogstedt from Kiwi and that he always does so, when he sees, that Kiwi was succesfull under their care. In Kiwis Guestbook they insult him of steeling Walt Landers and Sven Grönefeld from Kiwi too. Some of them want to boo him in Halle at the Daviscup.... Thats so childish and ridiculous...

16681 12-20-2005 07:21 PM

Most coaches want to coach whatever player they feel can be the most successful. I don't really know anything about Kiwi as he is called. I have just seen his real name on Tournament lists. But Tommy before his injury was a great player and maybe this coach feels that Tommy can now improve his game again. I personally doubt that Tommy can be the tennis player he was before the shoulder problems, but I would be happy if he could prove me wrong :)

Fee 12-20-2005 07:59 PM

Those people need to get a grip on reality. No one held a gun to Hogstedt's head, it sounds like he left Kiefer because he wanted to. All three of them are grown men and they can make up their own minds. Even if Tommy went to Hogstedt while he was still coaching Kiefer, Hogstedt is the one who made the decision in the end. Kiefer's fans need to just accept it and move on. We may never ever really know what happened in this situation and its not really important.

16681 12-21-2005 05:25 PM

No I find in these coach changing situations that only the people involved really know the true story. But then they put out for the public, what sounds best for them. So Fee you are right we will probably never know and it isn't really important that we know. As far as Tommy and his new coach is concerned all that matters is how well Tommy plays tennis.

Alexiana 12-22-2005 01:25 PM

Yes, I will cheer Tommy in double strenght if some people will boo him ;)
Ich really like both if them very much and hopefully they will have a successfull year 2006 and a good Daviscup start against France :)

16681 12-22-2005 04:48 PM

I personally would find Tommy a hard person to boo myself :) But it will be interesting to hear what happens with the fans at Davis Cup.

Neely 12-22-2005 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexiana
Some of them want to boo him in Halle at the Daviscup.... Thats so childish and ridiculous...

Really, this would be so pathetic if something like that happend in Davis Cup and if all German fans can't hold together for a team competetion. The people who said that hopefully know better now.

Please don't let us have occur such things among fans like it was with some Argentine (some with the Gaudio/Coria rivalry or who hate Coria) fans when Gaudio fans were "happy" to blame Coria for losing two singles, have him as the scapegoat for the whole lost Davis Cup tie and were relieved that Gaudio was not chosen to play because he had probably lost also both singles (indoor surface)!!!

16681 12-24-2005 03:28 AM

I just can't imagine the German fans booing Tommy when after all his shoulder problems he is still willing to play Davis Cup. I mean he could say that he needs to rest himself for Tournaments, but he doesn't do that. And if the fans do boo him will Tommy still want to play Davis Cup after that?

Neely 12-24-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae
I just can't imagine the German fans booing Tommy when after all his shoulder problems he is still willing to play Davis Cup. I mean he could say that he needs to rest himself for Tournaments, but he doesn't do that. And if the fans do boo him will Tommy still want to play Davis Cup after that?

Really, I can't imagine that will happen. Maybe some other people boo (mostly French fans I guess), but I don't think it will be Kiwi fans that are upset about Tommy because they think he "took" Nicolas' coach away. That would be just stupid :o ;)

16681 12-24-2005 10:12 PM

Well I certainly hope he doesn't get booed, but when you have a group of people together you never know what will happen :sad: All it takes is just a few people to get something big started :mad: