MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Advertisements with Audio (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=62502)

MisterQ 12-14-2005 10:43 PM

Advertisements with Audio

I love MTF, and this is one of my only complaints:

Random audio blasting out of my speaker drives me crazy, especially if I'm listening to music loudly. The little guy in the smilie ad who yells "Helloooooo" makes me want to gouge my ears out. If it continues I fear for the future of my hearing.

I would never buy from such an annoying advertiser. I wouldn't even click on it.

Obviously, one solution is to sign up for premium membership. But let's say I'm A) poor, B) cheap, or C) from Colombia. That option becomes difficult.

Those who are just discovering the site might be encouraged to stay away if they keep hearing these ads.

Perhaps you have no control over whether ads have audio or not, but if you do, thanks for listening. :)

Phunkadelicious 12-14-2005 10:49 PM

Re: Advertisements with Audio

"HELLLOOOO!!!!????? HELLLLOOOO!!!???"
sometimes it scares me, and i think that there is an evil serial killer in the house and i run into the kitchen and grab a knife, and crouch in a corner and cry.

please make this stop, because i fear i might hurt someone

LaTenista 12-14-2005 10:54 PM

They scare me as well. I've had my volume on mute for a couple of days now.

mandoura 12-14-2005 11:31 PM

Same here. I mostly use the pc late at night when everybody around me is sleeping. This little guy nearly give me heart-attacks so I have to turn off my speakers and can't enjoy my music. :)

Thank you guys for your comments. I thought what I was feeling was merely because I was getting old. :D

Phunkadelicious 12-15-2005 01:09 AM

so it would seem that they only shout their wonderful greetings when you pass your mouse over the advertisement, so just keep away from them! this does not change the fact however that they should be promptly quarantined and destroyed. they may actually be a thread to the national security of every country on the planet

J. Corwin 12-15-2005 01:40 AM

Hear ye! Hear ye!

I remember back in the day when I used to soil my pants upon hearing these evil gremlins attacking my computer. Since then I have started wearing adult diapers and have consulted with half a dozen shrinks on "how it all started with these evil ads on MTF". What did they do? Increase my pills.

I also remember hearing sirens coming out of nowhere and that made me hide under the bed, as I am alien refugee in fear of being caught by the CIA.

Oh and those buzzing bees? I've since developed obssessive compulsive smack-my-ear syndrome. And I am DEATHLY afraid of bees. So shame on you MTF!

I have had premium membership for awhile now so I am slowly recovering..but it would be nice if you could cater to our poor, cheap, and Colombian friends. :) You would get my VLove Vforever.

Oh and this wouldn't fall under the "advertisements with audio" category, but I remember being repelled by those oily plastic surgery ads (with triple D tit jobs) and those women with porous issues that make me want to wash my face 50 times. Those are evil too.

Thanks for reading!

MisterQ 12-16-2005 08:15 PM

Wow, sounds like others are even more traumatized than I! :eek: :haha:

El Legenda 12-16-2005 10:01 PM

I HATE IT....there is also the "WHAATTTTTTTTT" one which comes after "Hellllllloooooo" I HATE IT :rolls: