MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Equipment (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597)
-   -   tennis racquets (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=62320)

killerloop 12-10-2005 03:30 PM

tennis racquets

Hello to everyone!

I'm having my 1st tennis tournement in january and i need to buy some racquets...but i dont know how to choose them...is there anyway to choose them?

thankx to all :)

Trivial 12-10-2005 04:11 PM

Re: tennis racquets

The piece of advice that most people will give you is to demo as many as you can, maybe from a local sports shop or tenniswarehouse.com is a good bet. This is the only way that you will find the racket that suits your game. And...if you've not been playing too long dont spend too much on a racquet just incase you decide its not the game for you. Have fun! :)

Peoples 12-10-2005 09:05 PM

MacGregor 25'' Tennis Racquet

If you can't decide, just buy this. It's a tennis racquet. You can hit balls with it. And it's just $12, you can buy several.

Fee 12-10-2005 09:17 PM

Go to www.tenniswarehouse.com and read everything on that website. Then go to their messageboards and read the racquet discussions there. Then demo as much as you can get your hands on and discuss possible racquets with your coach. I agree that your first racquet should be an inexpensive one, until you figure out what type of game you have, which weaknesses you need to help out and which strengths you can exploit with your racquet. You can buy a better one in about 6 months.

Or, you could just buy a Prince Triple Threat Warrior. A good solid racquet, and since it's an old model you can get them for about $80. :D

Peoples 12-11-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee
Go to www.tenniswarehouse.com and read everything on that website. Then go to their messageboards and read the racquet discussions there. Then demo as much as you can get your hands on and discuss possible racquets with your coach. I agree that your first racquet should be an inexpensive one, until you figure out what type of game you have, which weaknesses you need to help out and which strengths you can exploit with your racquet. You can buy a better one in about 6 months.

Or, you could just buy a Prince Triple Threat Warrior. A good solid racquet, and since it's an old model you can get them for about $80. :D

That's too complicated :rolleyes: For an easier solution, look above :bounce:

mojo37_12 12-11-2005 11:59 AM

You have to consider a lot of factors when choosing the right stick for you. The size, the grip, the price, the weight, and ultimately how it feels when you play with it. When I bought my first one I handled every single racquet inside the shop... take your time and don't get too excited. Good luck! :)