MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   Tennis and Table Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=62024)

MickyMrochek 12-05-2005 04:33 AM

Tennis and Table Tennis

Hola,

I just quit playing Table Tennis. It went for four years non-stop, three hours a day five days a week.

I found Tennis. I truly enjoy the outdoors, the smell of nature and the social life around it.

I got very excited about the sport. I bought a Prince O3 red racquet and in one 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 loosing match I killed my wrist.

The funny thing is that I have used three different sets of strings before the injury. First string was Prince Premier with Softflex 16 (it came with the racquet), but had it cut away because it did not feel as soft as the test racquet...then a Prince Synthetic Gut 16 was put on...I thought that that was the best string ever...(I new that gut was the best string there is).

Then I went back to the salesman and asked for the same string the test racquet had on...it was a Babolat Pro Tour Speed 15L and had it strung at 55 lbs. Damn...that was the end of my wrist. I found out that that string was of polyester made string. Very hard.

Anyways, after a long week rest and some medication I am ready to take my first ever lesson in Tennis. My racquet has a new string, Prince Premier with Softflex 17 at 60lbs and hopefully will learn to not use the wrist as I am used to with Table Tennis.

Take care,

Micky

TheMaster 12-05-2005 05:39 AM

Re: Tennis and Table Tennis

you should work out.... do some exercises

this might help.. it's not much, but if you do it enough, it really makes a difference:

whenever you aren't doing anything, or even if you have a free hand, jus hit the ball on racquet, up and down in the air - but each time you hit, rotate your wrist so you hit the ball wit the opposite side of the racquet. do it quickly, don't let the ball go too high.. do about a hundred... if that's easy, do 200... once you do that enough, you'll feel like you can go forever - so try to do it forever.

MickyMrochek 12-05-2005 08:48 PM

Hola TheMaster,

Super tip. Funny thing I did not think about it. We do that in TT all the time. Thanks.

Micky

Patrick_Steele 07-19-2006 03:04 AM

I do that but a little different:
1. I do it while walking, it's much harder especially if you go up a hill or something.
2. After each hit flip the racquet the other way and hit it FH BH over and over, can be very challenging if you hit it low (I don't do this every time).

This is also good for improve coordination, concentration, and accuracy, and you don't need anyone else to do it.

Patrick_Steele 07-19-2006 03:09 AM

Oh, I think my second part may have been what you meant Master...sorry to double post.