MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Soccer Betting Forum (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400)
-   -   Champions League Dec 6/7th (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61979)

Corey Feldman 12-04-2005 06:54 PM

Champions League Dec 6/7th

final stages of the groups and some great looking match ups for money making :D
although the 'team is already qualified' rule can always make it more difficult..

here are the main enticing games (havnt found the odds yet cept 1 game)

Tuesday:
AC Milan over Schalke Ac not through yet, infact will need a win to ensure top in the group.
PSV over Fenerbache dutch strong at home, turks useless away.
Lyon over rosenborg lyon are a great team, rosenborg are also shite away from home... Lyon are through already however
Betis over Anderlecht funny game this, Betis are in the champions league but somehow bottom of the spanish league... anderlecht have lost something like 12 in a row in this comp and cant seem to score, betis should win easily

but the Xmas present of the year SURELY is Rangers v Inter Milan
amazingly W.Hill have made Inter @2.25 !!!!!! underdogs :eek:
i assume its because Inter are already through, but rangers are CRAP AS HELL, even yesterday in the league they couldnt hold a 2-0 lead at home v a club team like Falkirk , with 20 minutes remaining.
they havnt won in 9 league matches and were lucky as hell to get the 1-1 draw with Porto two weeks ago, even odds @2.30 for a draw.... and NO way are rangers gonna win..
books must be thinking Inter will take it easy, but even a 2nd string Inter team are better everywhere on the pitch than the rangers team :o
and my own theory is the Inter 2nd team will wanna play hard and impress with their chance.

rangers are beyond pathetic right now and the coach will be sacked after this game, no matter what result.

Corey Feldman 12-04-2005 07:03 PM

Re: Champions League Dec 6/7th

Wednesday:

wednesday is not looking as much a money day as Tue,

Werder Bremen over Panithiniakos strong at home the germans and need the win the greeks dont travel well in this comp.

Barcelona over Udinese udinese at home, Barca are the best team in the world right now, but they are through already and its never easy to beat Italian teams at home, so i wouldnt touch this, but barca might get great odds... ala Rangers v Inter milan scenario

club brugge v Bayern
Rapid vienna v Juventus
:
2 super teams away from home to a couple of minor teams, both are already through and away from home, again... might get nice odds as they are qualified and i think both will go for the wins to try and finish top of the group.

Sparta prague over FC Thun minnows of the arsenal/ajax group... playing for a UEFA cup place, sparta need the win... and should do it v this small swiss team who might find the pressure tough away from home in such a big game.

Corey Feldman 12-06-2005 01:27 AM

With William Hill coupon
'pick 4 draws at 82-1 odds'

10 on (could win 820)
Chelsea Liverpool draw
Bratislava Porto draw
Arsenal Ajax draw
Benfica Man United draw

bad gambler 12-06-2005 11:20 AM

Liverpool to beat Cheklsi - $5.00

Liverpool +1 v Chelski - $2.10

OVERS 2.5 Lyon v Rosenborg - $1.67

good luck

Dollars & Cents 12-06-2005 12:00 PM

AC Milan + PSV @ 2.22

Milan(1.51) v Schalke: Crunch time for Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti with this crucial CL match and then the Milan derby on Sunday. The Scudetto already seems out of sight with Juventus' consistency and for a club as 'great' as Milan only a CL win will do. But then they reached the final last year and lost. But this year the unthinkable could happen and they could be eliminated tonight? Er...I don't think so, the big players such as Shevchenko, Kaka, Pirlo should show up and be enough to see off the Germans who are coming into form recently. The only warning here is that a 0-0 or 1-1 draw will be enough for Milan to qualify but I believe Milan won't take that chance.

PSV Eindhoven(1.47) v Fenerbahce: Similar situation for last years' semi-finalists here as well except only a win will do. Fenerbahce will look for a result too as this will mean European football in the new year in the UEFA Cup. But PSV are fierce at home, and more importantly coach Guus Hiddink just knows what it takes to win big matches. Both home matches thus far in the CL have been 1-0 wins, but the 2nd against Milan was impressive considering their injury problems and utterly comprehensive in terms of performance. Adding to that defeating Ajax and AZ Alkmaar in consecutive weeks in the same arena along with qualifying Australia in his first matches tell you everything you need to know about this fantastic coach.

Dollars & Cents 12-06-2005 12:13 PM

Chelsea v Liverpool
Is Mourinho already getting his excuses ready for not winning? Two weeks' ago before Anderlecht match he stated qualification was more important than finishing group winner. Now he states 3 points against Wigan this weekend is more important than tonight, whilst re-iterating little difference between finishing top. Stastically, finishing top is more likely to result in an easier draw but not guaranteed as there are a few dangers.

So what can we expect? Mourinho will still field his best team and intend to win but how easily will they achieve that? In contrast I am sure Benitez is gunning for the draw that secures first place. Why? Psychological edge in getting the better of Chelsea once again, and the better probability of an easier draw as they are less confident in their own ability than Chelsea.

This match will be very organised, Benitez will settle for a 0-0 result. Chelsea will play with Duff and Robben the same wide players that were unable to breach Liverpool in the away fixture. Joe Cole will be absent and he seems to be the player that performs best against the Reds.

Suggested bets:
Chelsea to keep a clean sheet @ 1.92: Very confident as Liverpool probably won't be too ambitious.
Liverpool to draw or win (X2) @ 2.06: High confidence if Liverpool are to get the draw they require for 1st place.

Riskier bets:
Liverpool to keep a clean sheet @ 3.90: More risky but considering Liverpool's stronger defensive record and performances of late absolute value. If they are to get a result here they are likely to not concede.

Correct score 0:0 @ 7.50: Doesn't this match have this score written all over it? And then we here Mourinho's excuses after the match with a smiling Benitez.

Gunner 12-06-2005 01:34 PM

20 Unit play Inter not to lose @ 1.6

Straby 12-06-2005 04:10 PM

There's a very interesting statistic in a Dutch newspaper today. PSV were in this position before (where the last round had to decide if PSV would advance to the 2nd round), and every single time they choked it all away (6 times in the past!!).
Odds are way too short imo. Ok, Fener were awful so far in away games, but they have a huge crowd support today, as many Turks and Fener-fans live in Holland.
With these odds (1.51), PSV are worth a small lay on Betfair.

JMG 12-06-2005 07:30 PM

PSV - Fenerbahce +2.5 goals @1.75

bad gambler 12-06-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad gambler
Liverpool to beat Cheklsi - $5.00

Liverpool +1 v Chelski - $2.10

OVERS 2.5 Lyon v Rosenborg - $1.67

good luck

Liverpool did what they needed, FT 0-0

Last minute goal in France hits my over

bad gambler 12-06-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollars & Cents
This match will be very organised, Benitez will settle for a 0-0 result. Chelsea will play with Duff and Robben the same wide players that were unable to breach Liverpool in the away fixture. Joe Cole will be absent and he seems to be the player that performs best against the Reds.

Suggested bets:
Chelsea to keep a clean sheet @ 1.92: Very confident as Liverpool probably won't be too ambitious.
Liverpool to draw or win (X2) @ 2.06: High confidence if Liverpool are to get the draw they require for 1st place.

Riskier bets:
Liverpool to keep a clean sheet @ 3.90: More risky but considering Liverpool's stronger defensive record and performances of late absolute value. If they are to get a result here they are likely to not concede.

Correct score 0:0 @ 7.50: Doesn't this match have this score written all over it? And then we here Mourinho's excuses after the match with a smiling Benitez.

wow mate, right on the money :eek: - brilliant stuff :worship: :worship: :worship:

Dollars & Cents 12-06-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad gambler
wow mate, right on the money :eek: - brilliant stuff :worship: :worship: :worship:

Cheers mate :yeah:

If only all matches were as easy to predict as this :) well that's Mourinho and Benitez for you.

Dollars & Cents 12-06-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strabavy
There's a very interesting statistic in a Dutch newspaper today. PSV were in this position before (where the last round had to decide if PSV would advance to the 2nd round), and every single time they choked it all away (6 times in the past!!).
Odds are way too short imo. Ok, Fener were awful so far in away games, but they have a huge crowd support today, as many Turks and Fener-fans live in Holland.
With these odds (1.51), PSV are worth a small lay on Betfair.

Interesting comment Strabavy as ever, and it made my bet a little nervous, after I read this :eek: but I'd still rather bet with Guus Hiddink then against. I guess you're happy with a Dutch side being in the Last 16 of CL again, or do Feyernood fans not extend the courtesy that far? :p

Straby 12-06-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollars & Cents
Interesting comment Strabavy as ever, and it made my bet a little nervous, after I read this :eek: but I'd still rather bet with Guus Hiddink then against. I guess you're happy with a Dutch side being in the Last 16 of CL again, or do Feyernood fans not extend the courtesy that far? :p

Haha, well I gotta admit, I would rather see them being left with nothing after tonight. :p

Congrats with the very nice winnings. :yeah:
-2 units on the day for me.

Corey Feldman 12-06-2005 10:48 PM

the gers get a drw with Inter and go thro, good for me personally, but lost my bet on Inter to win.... i'll accept it :)
the old 'team already through' rule was something to fear, and thats what happened... Inter cruised the game, went 1-0 up then didnt do a thing, stayed away from the ball and didnt give any effort.
arsenal and Man unt to draw tomorrow and i'll be singing.