MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   David Nalbandian Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Exhibitions! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61944)

jazz_girl 12-04-2005 12:39 AM

Exhibitions!

Ok, first up:
-Copa Guillermo Vilas: from 4th to 6th of December in the Luna Park. David will play against Blake, Gaudio and Gonzalez, and then with Clerc and Vilas.

-Indoor Master Tennis 2005: 10th and 11th of December, David against Puerta, Gaudio and Zabaleta, in Cordoba.

-Copa Argentina de Tenis: From de 15th to the 18th of December: David will participate along with: Mariano Puerta, Gastón Gaudio, Juan Ignacio Chela, José Acasuso, Guillermo Cañas, Agustín Calleri, Mariano Zabaleta, Juan Mónaco, Juan Martín Del Potro, Luis Horna, Gustavo Kuerten.

-Copa Conrad: Will be played in Punta del Este, Uruguay, in the Conrad Hotel, during 29th and 30th of December with Massu, Zabaleta and Meligen

Argentine girl 12-04-2005 01:25 AM

Re: Exhibitions!

Every exhibitions in Argentina want David. And everyone expects him to win all.
David will have lots of pressure next season because the world now expects him to win the grand slam.

I wonder where is Coria? At least he should attend Copa Argentina de Tenis. He doesn't move to Spain permanently, does he?

novanora 12-04-2005 06:41 AM

aw.......am i the only one who think his exhibition matches are too many?.... :scratch:
it's good for the publification of tennis in Argentina, but four exhibition tourneys mean his December is over half full. :shrug: i'd rather see he leaves tennis for some time, and rest totally for the next busy season, maybe two exhibitions are proper.

krystlel 12-04-2005 07:20 AM

Yeah, I thought it was too much at first, but now I don't think it really matters. I don't think it'll affect him negatively. It's only a couple of matches a week so there's still plenty of time to rest and do whatever and it's good match practice.

I think it's funny that he added so many exhibitions to his schedule though, especially since he said he wanted to play more tournaments after he won Masters Cup. :lol:

As for the expectations for next year, I don't think there'll be too much pressure. Yes, I think most expect David to have a better year next year (though the Argentinean press will probably be the only ones who care if he does badly, if anyone at all) but I doubt the press will be picking him as a favourite for anything so it won't be such of a big deal. Federer would still be the favourite to win the Slams, except for the French.

jazz_girl 12-04-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novanora
aw.......am i the only one who think his exhibition matches are too many?.... :scratch:
it's good for the publification of tennis in Argentina, but four exhibition tourneys mean his December is over half full. :shrug: i'd rather see he leaves tennis for some time, and rest totally for the next busy season, maybe two exhibitions are proper.

Yeah, I agree. I can understand him playing in Cordoba, and in the Copa Argentina, but Uruguay??? And the Vilas Cup might mean a lot but... I don't know.
Mastelli said that he approves of the exhibitions because he considers them as training for the AO, since the surfaces will be on hardcourt. I hope he knows what he's doing...

novanora 12-04-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystlel
I think it's funny that he added so many exhibitions to his schedule though, especially since he said he wanted to play more tournaments after he won Masters Cup. :lol:

:lol: yep...it's funny he said that....at least i'd like that he said he wanted to play tennis this time, not the car racing.

Quote:

As for the expectations for next year, I don't think there'll be too much pressure. Yes, I think most expect David to have a better year next year (though the Argentinean press will probably be the only ones who care if he does badly, if anyone at all) but I doubt the press will be picking him as a favourite for anything so it won't be such of a big deal. Federer would still be the favourite to win the Slams, except for the French.

i won't be surprised if he still plays some terrible matches again next year, seems it's more like him :lol: but yes, we all want to see a refreshed one in the new season. I can understand the press especially the Argentina ones have some expectation on him next year, and so are all of us. He has the enough talent to win one slam, especially if his mentality has strenghtened since TMC final.

I once thought maybe he could never win some big title coz he isn't consistent enough, but now he did the miracle, so i will put more trust on the future him. :p

novanora 12-04-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz_girl
Yeah, I agree. I can understand him playing in Cordoba, and in the Copa Argentina, but Uruguay??? And the Vilas Cup might mean a lot but... I don't know.
Mastelli said that he approves of the exhibitions because he considers them as training for the AO, since the surfaces will be on hardcourt. I hope he knows what he's doing...

eh.....go to Uruguay for the "training".....:scratch:

jazz_girl 12-04-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novanora
eh.....go to Uruguay for the "training".....:scratch:

mmmm, I'd say for the money :lol: ;)

gooner88 12-04-2005 07:18 PM

Nalbo's certainly gonna be busy this month!
I do think it's alot, but it's career and I'm sure he knows what he is doing.
As long as he uses it for training and not take it too seriously, he'll be fine.
The Copa Argentina does look like a great preparation for the Aussie Open though. :)

jazz_girl 12-05-2005 12:41 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Ok, Gaston and David are playing their exhibition now, but I've already seen Clerc vs Vilas (Vilas won). Clerc/Nalbandian vs Vilas/Gaudio (Vilas/Gaudio won), Vilas/Nalbandian vs Gaudio/Clerc and at the end Vilas/Clerc vs Gaudio Nalbandian (the young guys won). But they had to play the first part with wooden rackets, and the guys were laughing a lot. David made a terrible double fault with those rackets, and since they were losing 5-0, Vilas allowed them to grab the new rackets, and they ended up winning it. Clerc was a riot, he made David run all the points, and David spent the day running, and Gaston made some of his tricks and he seems to be enjoying the whole thing a lot. Here are some pics:

jazz_girl 12-05-2005 12:42 AM

10 Attachment(s)
More:

jazz_girl 12-05-2005 12:46 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Some more:

jazz_girl 12-05-2005 12:47 AM

8 Attachment(s)
The last ones:

krystlel 12-05-2005 12:52 AM

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the reports and pictures Jazz. I would have liked to have seen Gaston and David with the wooden racquets. :lol:

rachelzszs 12-05-2005 03:49 AM

Quote:

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the reports and pictures Jazz. I would have liked to have seen Gaston and David with the wooden racquets. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
me too