MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Jan-Michael Gambill Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413)
-   -   2006 Tournaments (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61727)

Fee 12-01-2005 06:31 PM

2006 Tournaments

Now that JMG has ended his horrible 2005 season (and headed to Hawaii for vacation), I guess we can look forward to 2006 now. He plans to start the year in Adelaide, playing qualies, and then he will play qualies for the Aus Open. After that he will probably play Delray Beach, San Jose, Memphis, and Las Vegas, but he may decide to play a few Challengers instead. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he decides to do.

jmgsdoubsprtnr 12-01-2005 10:29 PM

Re: 2006 Tournaments

good luck for 2006 JMG, hope to see you kick some ass in Indy!

16681 12-02-2005 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee
Now that JMG has ended his horrible 2005 season (and headed to Hawaii for vacation), I guess we can look forward to 2006 now. He plans to start the year in Adelaide, playing qualies, and then he will play qualies for the Aus Open. After that he will probably play Delray Beach, San Jose, Memphis, and Las Vegas, but he may decide to play a few Challengers instead. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he decides to do.

Fee what exactly happened to JMG? I used to hear his name alot and then I never heard anything about him. Did he get sick or injuried? Or did other players just pass him up?

Fee 12-04-2005 04:51 PM

In my opinion, its the injury. At the end of 2002, JMG got shin splints and they never really went away. He's played in pain for a lot of the last 3 years. Everytime he thought the injury had healed and the pain had gone away, it would come back again and slow him down. Over time it began to affect his movement, and that began to affect his results, and that began to affect his confidence on court. After the US Open this year, he thought he had finally taken care of the leg problems and was on his way to playing decent tennis again, but then he injured his shoulder somehow and retired from his last match. Hopefully this last injury will heal and he will be ready to start his 2006 season on time. I still think he has the talent to be a Top 100 player, the game has not completely passed him by yet.

16681 12-04-2005 06:40 PM

Gee he has really had a lot of problems physically. I hope he does get healed up for 2006 :) His name is so interesting at least to me that the name always stuck with me, but to be honest I don't think I ever actually saw him play :confused: Thanks Fee for the information :worship:

Fee 12-29-2005 07:40 PM

Jan-Michael needs a little bit of help from his fans...

Because his ranking has slipped to #191, he will not be able to get direct entry into Delray, San Jose, Memphis, or Las Vegas. He has asked for Wildcards to those events, but it would be good to have his fans contact the tournaments and support his request. Jan-Mike would also like to play doubles at those events with Goran Dragicevic, the person he won the Carson doubles title with. They will also need wildcards to play in these events because they are both ranked about 140 or so in doubles.

So, please help Jan-Mike (and Goran) by writing to these tournaments and asking for Wildcards for JMG in both singles and doubles. Say whatever you feel as one of his fans, just be honest and write from your heart about why he deserves a chance to get his career back on track now that he has finally recovered from those leg injuries that have hurt his tennis over the last two years. Here is the contact info for each tournament:

Delray - info@yellowtennisball.com

San Jose - sapopeninfo@svse.net

Memphis - http://www.atptennis.com/memphis/contact.asp

Las Vegas doesn't have their contact info up yet.

I thank you for your efforts. Jan-Mike thanks you for your efforts.

16681 12-30-2005 12:31 PM

Fee I'll get right on that. I hope the Tournaments will give him Wildcards :) Fee I sent messages to all the Tournaments you had the contact information up on already. I'm just waiting for the last contact information to be put up to get a message there.

16681 12-30-2005 02:21 PM

Fee I don't know how to do it or if it can be done, but if you can add that JMG needs our help to the thread title I think that would help get peoples' attention better. If the thread title can't be changed, you may want to add a thread about JMG needing our help. Just a thought :)

Silawen 12-30-2005 02:30 PM

I'm not exactly a 'fan' of him, but he seems like a really decent guy and has gone through enough - if we are to judge by all those injury-problems. I'll send an email or three and support the Wildcards. ;)

EDIT: How about something like...this?

Quote:

Hello!

I'm writing in support of Jan-Michael Gambill perhaps receiving a wildcard for Delray. I know that he has requested one, as well for himself and Goran Dragicevic in the doubles draw, and would like to support that request.

He's been through a lot these past years due to injuries. At the end of 2002, Jan-Mike got shin splints and they never really went away. He's played in pain ever since, and when they finally thought the injuries were over he injured his shoulder. He's hoping to finally get his career back on track and I believe a wildcard would really help with that. I hope you'll consider it.

From a fan.
I'm never really good at these things. Let me know what you think.

16681 12-30-2005 03:47 PM

Fee I got a reply to one of my e-mails from a John Butler, but it didn't state what Tournament he was with! May be you know? Mr. Butler stated that JMG was "surely under consideration".

Silawen 12-30-2005 04:31 PM

I sent out three emails, so let's see what I get in return. :)

Silawen 12-30-2005 04:42 PM

I've received a speedy reply:

Quote:

Thank you for your note. We are also fans of Jan-Mike and he will be
under consideration. He has represented us well as a 2-time champion.

Have a great 06.

John Butler, Tournament Chairman
PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:
jbutler@YellowTennisBall.com

Delray Beach International Tennis Championships
January 30 - February 5, 2006

www.YellowTennisBall.com
(561) 330-6000

rfs1999 12-30-2005 05:14 PM

I don't see him in the Adelaide qualies. What happened?

Fee 12-30-2005 05:52 PM

He pulled out of Adelaide because he's not ready yet. I put the info on my messageboard, but never posted it here. He plans to fly down to Melbourne for Aus Open qualies next week, if he's ready.

Thank you all so much for writing these emails. I am very impressed and I'm sure JMG will be too.

Silawen 12-30-2005 06:59 PM

Re: 2006 Tournaments {JMG needs a little help from his fans, see post #6}

No problem, babe. Just takes a few minutes and makes some people happy. ;)

I hope it works, if only to make you happy. ^^