MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Romania Tennis Chat (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=435)
-   -   Andrei Pavel cheering thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=6104)

sam 09-29-2003 03:35 PM

Andrei Pavel cheering thread

Andrei's on the comeback trail and this week plays in France.
Go Andrei! :)

Lindsayfan 10-01-2003 08:09 PM

Re: Andrei Pavel- he's back- cheering thread

yeah he's back and i've just met him in Palermo.he's so nice! :smooch:

sam 10-02-2003 03:47 PM

Re: Re: Andrei Pavel- he's back- cheering thread

He's in to the quaters of Metz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He beat the 6th seed in a final set tie break, then Victor Hanescu, his countryman.

Lindsayfan 10-03-2003 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My meeting with Andrei Pavel! :D

I met him on wednesday.despite he lost on monday,he was still there to practise.I met him yesterday,he was watching Hanescu's match with his coach (a very nice black guy) and i asked him for an autograph and i wished him "welcome back after his injury".he thanked me warmly.then he talked at telephone and i was taking a pic of that til his coach told me "hey do ya want a pic with him?" I was surprised he started to talk to me LOL i said "yes,it would be great,thanks" and he said "are u french?" I said "no i'm italian why?" he said "cos ur accent sounds like a french" I was and said "no maybe it's cos i'm studying french right now" and he asked me why etc.we talked for 5 minutes waiting for Pavel who was still on the phone.I kept saying that I woudnt bother him again but his coach told me "no it's ok,he's a nice guy" and we both laughed.when Pavel ended his call,he agreed smiling and told me "sorry if if u had to wait for me" in italian I was like "no it was just 5 minutes,it's ok!" and he hugged me and his coach took the pic.then we stayed other 5 minutes watching the end of hanescu's match and keep talking about his injury etc.he said now he feels good but he's rusty and needs to practise and play days and days to be in the best shape again.I met him again 4 hours after,cos he was practising in the same Paulo's court,and he said "hello" and winked me LOL

Tryphon 10-05-2003 09:52 AM

Very nice pictures, thanks :wavey: and cool meeting with Andrei and his coach.:)

sam 10-06-2003 03:52 PM

Andrei got to the semis in Metz, only his second tournament back! :eek: He beat the top seed in the quarters! :yeah:

This week he wisely chose to play in Lyon and will face a qualifier, I think.

GO!!!!!!!!!! :boxing:

sam 10-10-2003 03:34 PM

Andrei lost first round to Malisse, but it was in three sets and Malisse is a very good player.
I think he will also play Madrid.

Lindsayfan 10-11-2003 07:54 AM

andrei is in madrid qualies draw.good luck! :)

sam 10-11-2003 03:05 PM

Yes, he plays Christophe rochus, which is tough, but winnable.
Go Andrei!

sam 10-13-2003 03:27 PM

Andrei lost :sad: Better luck next time!

sam 10-21-2003 03:11 PM

He lost to Mikhail Youzhny but it was a very tough match. Better luck next time.

Leo 10-25-2003 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsayfan
yeah he's back and i've just met him in Palermo.he's so nice! :smooch:

Aaaaaaahhhh! That's so awesome, Val. I'm boiling over with jealousy that you got to meet and talk with a real pro player. :devil: :worship: ;) Andrei seems to be a really nice guy.

Lindsayfan 10-25-2003 09:09 AM

i've taken also a pic of me and him together but i dont post it here cos of my privacy :p

Leo 10-26-2003 04:37 AM

Haha, I completely understand. :D

sam 10-30-2003 04:15 PM

Andrei is into Paris quarters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He beat Kucera, Mantilla and Coria withdrew because of a fever. Top 100 soon!