MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Jose "Chuchooooooooo" Acasuso Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=487)
-   -   Chucho News and Articles (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=60924)

*Ljubica* 11-18-2005 09:17 PM

Chucho News and Articles

Every Forum has a News and Articles Thread.............so why should Chucho miss out? :sad:

Of course our man is on vacation at the moment, but he is still finding the time to do some charity work in Argentina. He will be taking part in a Charity Team Tennis Tournament which runs from 1st to 8th December in various different venues, and is raising money for something called "The Food Bank" which distributes food and help to disadvantaged people.

Here is an article about it (in Spanish), along with the link to the original.

http://www.atptennis.com/es/newsand...res_charity.asp

Tenistas argentinos disputan torneo benéfico

Varios de los mejores tenistas argentinos del momento suspenderán por unos días sus vacaciones para tomar parte del torneo Interclubes de Primera División. Allí se podrá seguir a Mariano Puerta, José Acasuso , Juan Ignacio Chela, Mariano Zabaleta y el ecuatoriano Giovanni Lapentti, entre otros.

El certamen, rebautizado "La Liga de Primera" a partir de la presente temporada, tendrá un fin solidario, ya que la entrada para seguir la competencia será la entrega de alimentos no perecederos, que serán destinados al Banco de Alimentos, una organización no gubernamental que ayuda a 52.000 personas diariamente.

Además de los citados profesionales, también participarán Carlos Berlocq, Mariano Hood, Sebastián Prieto, Diego Hartfield; ex jugadores como Christian Miniussi (bronce olímpico en Barcelona 92), y jóvenes promesas como Máximo González, Leonardo Mayer u Horacio Zeballos, entre otros.

El 21 de noviembre se realizará el sorteo y el torneo comenzará el 1 de diciembre, cuando se conformen cuatro zonas de cuatro equipos. Los dos mejores avanzarán a un cuadro de eliminación directa. Las semifinales y finales de esta competencia que repartirá 30.000 pesos argentinos en premios se disputarán el 7 y 8 de diciembre en River Plate. El Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, con Puerta, Chela, Hood, Zeballos y Diego Moyano en su lista de buena fe, aparece como el candidato.

alelysafina 11-19-2005 12:02 AM

Re: Chucho News and Articles

That sounds awesome! If only I were in Argentina *sigh*

It's cool though that Chucho and the rest of the Argies are taking time out of their vacation for such a great cause :)

Effka 11-20-2005 05:12 PM

I think i'd better start learning spanish :)
I'm glad that guys are doing this tournament, i know charity is charity, but i hope Chucho will do well because he's always fun to watch.
Yep, i wish i was in Argentina too :hug:

*Ljubica* 11-26-2005 10:33 AM

And it seems our man is keeping busy with the exhibitions in the off-season :yeah: Next weekend (2nd and 3rd December) he is playing in an exhibition in Peru, along with Agustin Calleri, Luis Horna and Ivan Miranda. All the money they raise is for disadvantaged children. Here is the link (in Spanish again - sorry Effka :sad: ) It doesn'treally say anything more than I've already told you though so you're not missing anything!

http://www.peru.com/deportes/noticia...ticia25938.asp

*Ljubica* 11-30-2005 05:28 AM

Chucho's first tournament of the new year will be in Auckland, New Zealand, starting on 9th January. I'm sure someone will start a cheering thread much nearer the time, but thought you would like to see the list now. Vamos Chucho!

2006 Entry List - Heineken Open - Auckland

Jose Acasuso (ARG)
Mario Ancic (CRO)
Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Karol Beck (SVK)
Kenneth Carlsen (DEN)
David Ferrer (ESP)
Robby Ginepri (USA)
Paul Goldstein (USA)
Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK)
Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
Alberto Martin (ESP)
Nicolas Massu (CHI)
Wesley Moodie (RSA)
Andrew Murray (GBR)
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Andrei Pavel (ROM)
Christophe Rochus (BEL)
Olivier Rochus (BEL)
Robin Vik (CZE)
Filippo Volandri (ITA)
Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
Tomas Zib (CZE)

Action Jackson 11-30-2005 08:04 AM

Smoking Joe going to Auckland, as he should, showed some good form there last year, just hope he can start the year well.

sigmagirl91 12-03-2005 02:36 AM

Thanks, everyone, for the articles. Best of luck for 2006, Chucho.

Action Jackson 12-06-2005 08:54 AM

I just read about the results of the Motorola Cup and Lucho Horna was the winner of it and Chucho lost to Lucho 7-6 6-3, but he defeated Ivan Miranda 7-6 6-3.

The exhibition raised money for their cause and the people seemed to enjoy it.

http://www.peru.com/deportes/noticia...ticia26106.asp

*Ljubica* 12-06-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I just read about the results of the Motorola Cup and Lucho Horna was the winner of it and Chucho lost to Lucho 7-6 6-3, but he defeated Ivan Miranda 7-6 6-3.

The exhibition raised money for their cause and the people seemed to enjoy it.

http://www.peru.com/deportes/noticia...ticia26106.asp

Thanks for the info :)

Caralimon 12-07-2005 07:35 PM

Article posted today in Ole

The missionair tennis player José Acasuso made sure his intentions to finish in the top 20 in 2006, and made clear that he prefers to not put pressure on himself and warned that if necessary he will change his schedule for the coming year.

''I want to finish 2006 in the top 20'' told DyN. And added ''I don't want to pressure myself by a number. I just want to keep doing the right things, in a professional way, working hard. If I achieve that, the ranking will come by itself.

Heading on 2006, Acasuso, 40º in latest rankings, said that his year will begin in Auckland and then the Australian Open. ''I am considering changing a clay court event to a hard court one, to prepare better the Masters Series in March and April. It's likely that I'd skip Acapulco and go to Vegas''.

''Today I'm going to a fast-court tournament with others expectations. I'm not going to see what happens or if I get lucky with the draw, I'm going to win some matches'' revealed Acasuso, who won two doubles titles whit his partner Sebastian Prieto.

''It's positive to play doubles for me because I have the chance to improve my serve, volleys and returns that aren't commons in singles. We did pretty well this last year with Sebastian, we have 'feeling' and we will keep playing in 2006'.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...?pagId=1103491

Action Jackson 12-08-2005 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caralimon
Article posted today in Ole

The missionair tennis player José Acasuso made sure his intentions to finish in the top 20 in 2006, and made clear that he prefers to not put pressure on himself and warned that if necessary he will change his schedule for the coming year.

''I want to finish 2006 in the top 20'' told DyN. And added ''I don't want to pressure myself by a number. I just want to keep doing the right things, in a professional way, working hard. If I achieve that, the ranking will come by itself.

Heading on 2006, Acasuso, 40º in latest rankings, said that his year will begin in Auckland and then the Australian Open. ''I am considering changing a clay court event to a hard court one, to prepare better the Masters Series in March and April. It's likely that I'd skip Acapulco and go to Vegas''.

''Today I'm going to a fast-court tournament with others expectations. I'm not going to see what happens or if I get lucky with the draw, I'm going to win some matches'' revealed Acasuso, who won two doubles titles whit his partner Sebastian Prieto.

''It's positive to play doubles for me because I have the chance to improve my serve, volleys and returns that aren't commons in singles. We did pretty well this last year with Sebastian, we have 'feeling' and we will keep playing in 2006'.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...?pagId=1103491

Thanks so much for the translation of this article about Chucho. He could always go to Dubai instead of Vegas.

It's good that he is thinking this, just hope that he is doing a lot of fitness work, which he really needs and improve his movement as well.

He had some good performances on the hardcourts and is more than capable of doing well, but he needs a good clay season as well. As he said if he puts the work in, and he has the belief in what he is doing, then he can get the results.

Choupi 12-09-2005 01:00 PM

Thanks for this interview Caralimon. Well, I hope he gives himself the means to achieve the goals he sets for himself in 2006. Fitness will be determining. Looking forward to January now. :)

*Ljubica* 12-09-2005 01:53 PM

Thanks a lot Carolimon :)

*Ljubica* 12-14-2005 08:38 PM

Tomorrow is the start of the prestigious Copa Argentina de Tenis at the BALTC, and Chucho will play his first match at 5.00pm Argentina time. His first round will be against Guillermo Cañas. Here is the draw:-

1st Round:
1° Nalbandian vs Bye
Zabaleta vs Monaco

Acasuso vs Cañas
4° Chela vs Bye

3° Kuerten vs Bye
Berlocq vs Horna

Calleri vs Del Potro
2° Puerta vs Bye

1st Round - 15th December from 5.00pm
2nd Round - 16th December from 5.00pm
Semis - 17th December from 8.00pm
Final - 18th December at 8.00pm

Action Jackson 12-15-2005 07:14 AM

Big Chucho against Cañas that will be a tough match for sure.

They left him off the photo, he must have been asleep.