MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Bangkok (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Confirmed : A-Rod withdrew (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=5956)

jirobkk 09-22-2003 09:38 AM

Confirmed : A-Rod withdrew

Got a confrimation to withdraw from A-Rod due to legs injury. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Told you guys before that he will not come.

BTW, Moya and JCF :D will reach Bangkok airport at 7:05 am Sep 23. And there will be Press Conference at 14:30 pm Sep 23.

J. Corwin 09-22-2003 10:24 AM

Re: Confirmed : A-Rod withdrew

He injured his legs?? Anymore detail? Where did you hear this?

He seemed fine during his Davis Cup matches...

Toppu 09-22-2003 12:16 PM

That's exactly what I thought when I heard that Andy was going to Bangkok right after his Davis Cup tie. He just needs some rest before Japan Open.

jirobkk 09-22-2003 03:27 PM

Associated Press

NONTHABURI, Thailand -- U.S. Open champion Andy Roddick withdrew from the Thailand Open on Monday.

Roddick, the world No. 2, sent organizers a letter saying he injured his right hamstring in a Davis Cup match on Friday and had been advised by his doctor to rest for a week, according to Weller Evans, ATP executive vice president of players services.

"Obviously, everybody is disappointed that Andy will not be participating -- with the possible exception of the other players," Evans said.

On Friday, Roddick lost to Slovakia's Dominik Hrbaty in four sets in Davis Cup play. Roddick came back on Sunday to beat Karol Beck in straight sets, as the Americans beat Slovakia 3-2 in Bratislava to remain in the top tier of Davis Cup next season.

Evans said the ATP would fine Roddick $40,000 for withdrawing.

Top-ranked Juan Carlos Ferrero, the French Open champion, and sixth-ranked Carlos Moya, both from Spain, were scheduled to play Wednesday.

jirobkk 09-22-2003 04:29 PM

22nd September 2003

RODDICK FORCED TO WITHDRAW FROM THAILAND OPEN

Today Andy Roddick was forced to withdraw from the Thailand Open 2003 due to a right hamstring injury worsened by play over the weekend in the Slovak Republic.

The No.2 seed contacted the ATP today to notify of his disappointment that he had to withdraw because of his hamstring injury.

“In my first Davis Cup match on Friday I pulled a hamstring muscle and it continued through my match yesterday. I have been advised that I shouldn’t play tennis for the next week or two, a week or ten days, so unfortunately that means for the tournament in Thailand as well. But hopefully I will get back there next year. I will now go home and meet with my doctors, get treatment for my injury and then just relax as there is not much I can do right now. I’m very sorry I couldn’t be in Thailand this year but it is pretty much out of my control and hopefully I will be there next year.”

Roddick will now be replaced in the main draw by lucky loser Sonchat Ratiwatana from Thailand who was the first lucky loser from the qualifying draw.

J. Corwin 09-22-2003 05:56 PM

ah ok. thanks for the articles jiro.

smart move