MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   David Ferrer (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   News and articles about David (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=58612)

LaTenista 10-26-2005 09:44 PM

News and articles about David

I thought it might be nice since he's got his own forum now we could have a thread devoted to this.

So here's the first contribution, from the ATP Insider the week of Madrid:

On Tuesday afternoon following his victory, CARLOS MOYA paid a visit to the INDESIT Stand where he signed hundreds of autographs while DAVID FERRER visited the RICOH and MERCEDES-BENZ lounges.

-- > On Wednesday afternoon, JAMES BLAKE, MARK KNOWLES, DANIEL NESTOR and NENAD ZIMONJIC took part in the Mercedes-Benz clinic. DAVID FERRER, NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO signed autographs at the Prince booth.

LaTenista 10-29-2005 05:08 PM

Re: News and articles about David

David Ferrer has his own Bag Check on The Tennis Channel (TTC)! :bounce:

I just saw it a few minutes ago, for those who have never seen it, Bag Check is about a 60 second segment that is aired during commercial breaks where a player takes everything out of their racquet bag and tells what the things are.

This was what was in David's racquet bag:
* shirt
* shampoos in a travel case
* hairbrush :awww:
* tennis shoes
* running shoes
* Prince racquet - he said it was a new one, more strong ( :lol: I could help him with his English)
* book written in Spanish - it was hardback, mostly white with a baby/fetus on cover, author's first name was Lucía and David read a few sentences aloud
* cap

He was wearing slip on sandals - I call them soccer (football) sandals, they are all plastic with stripes. I have a pair myself, that I used mainly in the shower at uni. :lol:

He was in a large grassy area behind a stadium and there were palm trees. My first guess is it was filmed in Indian Wells, but I wouldn't count Miami out either.

It was definitely the most English at one time I'd heard him speak. :yeah:

Hopefully this means someday soon he'll have his own No Strings or Center Court program - those are 30 minutes each.

It was aired again right after the Berdych-Gaudio match finished on Friday, November 4th so I have recorded by surprise. :cool:

LaTenista 11-07-2005 08:02 PM

As a Top 30 player, David must announce where he will be every day from November 21st through December 31st.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=59966

I guess it's the price you have to pay when you're as great as he is. :shrug:

Sue 11-07-2005 09:08 PM

Gosh- I didn't realise that.Has that always been the case or is it a new initiative?

~EMiLiTA~ 11-08-2005 11:17 AM

yes...it's a new initiative...i read about that too

btw i just read in a thread in nalbandian's forum that ferrer will be the second substitute for shanghai (after nalbandian) but i don't think that means he is going to shanghai as yet...just have to wait and see if there are any last minute withdrawals...wouldn't that be good for david though?!

Sue 11-08-2005 12:29 PM

Wow- that would be really cool! Not that I'm wishing any illness or misfortune on any of the players going of course....but would be a wonderful experience for him!

*Ljubica* 11-08-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue
Wow- that would be really cool! Not that I'm wishing any illness or misfortune on any of the players going of course....but would be a wonderful experience for him!

Likewise - I agree!

Sue 11-08-2005 12:33 PM

Hi Ros * waving* !!

ja_som1 11-08-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie
Likewise - I agree!

Hello Rose, how are you? I haven't heard about you for ages. Aren't you more fan of David N.? But anyway I am happy you are O.K. :wavey:

*Ljubica* 11-08-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja_som1
Hello Rose, how are you? I haven't heard about you for ages. Aren't you more fan of David N.? But anyway I am happy you are O.K. :wavey:

Hi Zuzana :wavey: - now that is a VERY long story! You more often find me in Gaston or Mariano Puerta's Forum's nowadays!

Hello to Sue too :wavey:

victoria_maraude 11-08-2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~EMiLiTA~
yes...it's a new initiative...i read about that too

btw i just read in a thread in nalbandian's forum that ferrer will be the second substitute for shanghai (after nalbandian) but i don't think that means he is going to shanghai as yet...just have to wait and see if there are any last minute withdrawals...wouldn't that be good for david though?!

But David is ranked 15th currently at the race, so I think after Nalbandian, is Puerta who could go as a substitute. This is the current ranking:

1 Federer, Roger (SUI) 1245
2 Nadal, Rafael (ESP) 953
3 Roddick, Andy (USA) 617
4 Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS) 498
5 Agassi, Andre (USA) 455
6 Coria, Guillermo (ARG) 438
7 Davydenko, Nikolay (RUS) 418
8 Ljubicic, Ivan (CRO) 416
9 Gaudio, Gaston (ARG) 370
10 Safin, Marat (RUS) 346
11 Nalbandian, David (ARG) 344
12 Puerta, Mariano (ARG) 340
13 Gonzalez, Fernando (CHI) 338
14 Johansson, Thomas (SWE) 329
15 Ferrer, David (ESP) 324

~EMiLiTA~ 11-09-2005 10:54 AM

yes i know...he is not going as the alternate...it just said that the atp had notified him that if there were many more withdrawals, he MAY be needed as a substitute...but he's not going to shanghai

RogiFan88 11-09-2005 06:07 PM

he isn't?? I'm sure I saw sth in a Spanish paper today...

LaTenista 11-09-2005 06:34 PM

Right now Puerta is the alternate, if someone else withdraws Mariano will play. Gonzalez already said he won't go to Shanghai so then the alternate would be Thomas Johansson. So only if 2 more withdrawls from TMC happen does David get to be the alternate.

:scratch: Anyone else think TMC is during into a circus?

~EMiLiTA~ 11-10-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogiFan88
he isn't?? I'm sure I saw sth in a Spanish paper today...

what did u read?