MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mariano Puerta Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=426)
-   -   The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=57325)

*Ljubica* 10-16-2005 04:23 PM

The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

So Good Luck to Mariano in sunny Madrid. I was talking to him this afternoon, and gave him all our best - he seemed touched and gave me a big hug to say thank you :) . Sadly, I will not get to see him play because he has a Bye and won't play til probably Wednesday and I am back at work on Wednesday :sad: - but I will be with him in spirit and he knows of all our support. Vamos Mariano :)

DhammaTiger 10-16-2005 08:24 PM

Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

Thank you Rosie for giving Mariano the message on our behalf. I am sure his spirit is lifted by your words. I hope and wish him all the best of luck and hope he will go deep in this tournament. Vamos Mariano y buena suerte.

anna10 10-16-2005 10:15 PM

Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

I'm also hoping he has a good showing in Madrid, and that the time this past week has been enough for him to at least go into his matches with his focus on the play and not elsewhere.

sigmagirl91 10-17-2005 02:03 AM

Vamos Mariano.

Choupi 10-17-2005 04:30 AM

Thank you Rosie for telling Mariano about all our best wishes and support. I hope he'll play some good matches. Even though that must become harder and harder to get focused on his game with all that crap around. Vamos Mariano. :)

Denaon 10-17-2005 01:33 PM

Rosie :worship: Thanks for being our voice of support :D I really appreciate it :yeah:
And I hope Mariano does get the same treatment any other player does. I imagine how hard it may be if the organizers or players in the tourney give him ugly looks or even treat him differently. FUCK L'Equipe if they do that!!

Go Mariano!!!!!

Labamba 10-17-2005 03:27 PM

Vamos Mariano! Best of luck in Madrid :bigclap:

And :yeah: to Rosie

kali_puerta_fan 10-17-2005 06:02 PM

This is interesting...how did you get to speak with him Rosie? I wish I could have money, time and age to go to all cool tournaments. I love the game, the atmosphere, the people, the jokes, everything. The problem is that by the time I'm older enough, I will have missed Federer(the most talented player ever), Puerta, Coria :worship: :worship: ...and all the nice guys. The new generation is not as fun as this one... :sad: :sad:

mandoura 10-18-2005 01:41 AM

Thanks Rosie. :)

:yeah: Dany. That's the spirit. ;)

Denaon 10-18-2005 03:13 AM

Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Ins

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandoura
Thanks Rosie. :)

:yeah: Dany. That's the spirit. ;)

Yeah, I learned that from someone I admire very much :kiss: :D

*Ljubica* 10-18-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
This is interesting...how did you get to speak with him Rosie? I wish I could have money, time and age to go to all cool tournaments. I love the game, the atmosphere, the people, the jokes, everything. The problem is that by the time I'm older enough, I will have missed Federer(the most talented player ever), Puerta, Coria :worship: :worship: ...and all the nice guys. The new generation is not as fun as this one... :sad: :sad:

To be perfectly honest because I was staying in the same Hotel Kali - can't be more honest than that :) It wasn't particularly planned or anything - there is more than one official tournament Hotel in Madrid and they tend to change then round from year to year anyway so you would never be able to "plan" it - but I was just lucky this year - I was planning to stay with friends but then that fell through, so I had to make a last-minute booking on the Internet and ended up in the same Hotel as Mariano and a few others - it was fun! But please don't wish your life away and wish you were older.........I wish I was 15 years younger I can tell you ;) And new, great tennis players come along all the time anyway -it's part of the fascination of the game - so I'm sure there will be more great stars out there when you can afford to go to more tournaments and I am home with my cocoa :)

DhammaTiger 10-18-2005 07:28 PM

I hope and wish Mariano will win tomorrow regardless of who his opponent is.

*Ljubica* 10-19-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtiger
I hope and wish Mariano will win tomorrow regardless of who his opponent is.

Well it will be Mirnyi and that will be hard - such a big serve on a fast surface - and he played very wll againt JCF yesterday. Good Luck to Mariano though :)

Denaon 10-19-2005 11:50 AM

Yeah, Mirnyi is one tough player. I wish he could but I doubt Mariano can win this time, in this surface..:hug: Go Mariano!!

DhammaTiger 10-19-2005 12:44 PM

Miracles do happen!!! I hope Mariano's return of serve and serve will not break down. I still hope he can beat Mirnyi. Vamos Mariano.