MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2 questions - HELP!!! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=540)

Allie 07-28-2002 06:13 PM

2 questions - HELP!!!

1. My WTaworld account seems to be dead, when I try to sign on, it says wrong password. Was my account hacked or what?

2. Okay this one is serious,

How do you get blood out of upholstery? I really need help and suggestions for this. I'll check back later.

the cat 07-28-2002 06:22 PM

Question #1) Sorry! :( Check with the Adminastrators. They'll know what to do. And if worse comes to worse Allie, you'll have to create a new account and start over. Hopefully it won't come to that. Didn't this happen once before to you? If someone hacked into your account, I hope they find out who it is.

Question #2) Allie, a strong stain remover should get the blood out of your upholstry. If it's car upholstry, you should consult with the dealership the car was purchased from. Or any automotive store should be able to help you find the right kind of stain remover for blood. But more importantly Allie, are you okay? Blood in the upholstry? Did you have an accident? I hope everything is okay! :)

Allie 07-28-2002 06:59 PM

Alright thanks. I'm just here waiting for a response. I'll see ya later

the cat 07-29-2002 03:17 AM

Allie, I left ATP World this afternoon for a few minutes to find out answers for your blood stain removal question. And I haven't been able to get back into ATP World until about 10:45 pm EST Sunday night. :mad: But I'm glad I checked back in to ATP World one last time before I go to bed. And to my surprise, ATP World is running again!

Now Allie, I'm assuming you've talked to your Mother or sisters or somebody else in the interim and found out how to remove blood stains from upholstry. But in case you haven't, I found 2 short reports on the internet on how to remove blood stains from upholstry. I hope it helps. First, there is a report located at www.msue.msu.edu/msue/imp/mod02/01500453.html

The other easy way to remove blood stains is to use Hydrogen Peroxide to remove blood from clothing or furniture. Rub gently. It will probably work on upholstry, too. But a car is only a material object. It sounds like you and your friend had quite a scare! I hope you are both alright and on the road to recovery! :) Allie, it sounds like your girlfriend damaged her Lung or Lungs. Even though that cna be serious, better that than her heart. Lungs can recover better than hearts can.

And Allie, when I first read about you wanting to remove blood stains, I thought you may have been injured. I remember you recently said in WTA World's Non - Tennis forum that you had once been stabbed by a girl! :eek: I'm glad you weren't hurt. And I wish your friend a speedy recovery! :kiss:

P.S. - Allie, when you were unable to access WTA World. And when I was unable to access ATP World this afternoon, I posted a thread about that in WTA World's Non- Tennis forum. And alot of people had similar problems accesing ATP World! :eek: And then the thread got moved to the Bugs and Errors forum. I believe the main problem was in a Server. That figures! These are tennis boards afterall! ;) But I hope you can now access WTA World again as Alexis. If not, maybe you could sign up there as Allie, too. That way, you'll atleast have a backup name to login and post with.

Poe 07-29-2002 03:24 AM

does your wtaworld account work yet? If not i will have to reset the password and see if that works

Allie 07-29-2002 03:56 AM

My account still doesn't work Poe, will you please reset my password. Thank you very much.

Sorry about this, I know this had been a tough week for both boards.

Allie 07-29-2002 03:58 AM

Oh and about the blood stain, it is still there.

And this is a rented car too, so I'm screwed.

Also the car absolutely smells. I don't know what I'm going to do about that.

the cat 07-29-2002 04:03 AM

Call an expert for advice. An Automotive store. A Car Dealership. Or the place you rented it from. You'll recover from this, Allie. This can't be the first time something bad has happened in a rented car. The place you rented it from should know what to do. Good luck! And good night!

Allie 07-29-2002 04:07 AM

I'm just afraid they'll make me pay for the car. This looks pretty bad.

Steam 07-29-2002 04:12 AM

I doubt they would make you pay for it. Did you buy insurance for it?

the cat 07-29-2002 04:27 PM

Allie, I spoke with ATI Carpet and Upholstry Cleaning on Long Island. I'm thinking of having some rugs professionally cleaned in the near future. And while I was calling ATI, I decided to ask them about your situation, too. The lady there said to go to the store and buy a bottle of White Distilled Vinegar and put it in a spray bottle. Using a spray will keep you from over wetting the blood stains and causing further problems. And only use White Distilled Vinegar.

And Lisa said to use a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of White Distilled Vinegar and Water. And she also said to work in an upward blotting motion. That way you will avoid jamming the blood stains down deeper. She also said that using the Vinegar should help with the smell.

What kind of unpholstry is it? Cloth, Suede or Vinyl?

Good luck with it! :)

And Allie, I doubt the Car Rental company will make you pay for the car. If they are reputable, they should understand that accidents happen.

I hope you and your friend are feeling better today. Don't worry about the car too much. It's a problem that will pass with time.

the cat 07-30-2002 12:39 AM

Well Allie, what did you do about cleaning up the car?

I hope your feeling better, and that your girlfriend is getting better!

And did you get back into WTA World yet? :confused:

Allie 07-30-2002 12:52 AM

I got up at 5 am this morning to go outside and scrub the bloodstain. lol

My friend and I used one of those deep cleaning steam cleaners, and it got a little bit out, but we both can still see the stain. I guess I'll try that vinegar tomorrow night.

The smell is still there, not as bad as before, but still there. I'm trying to hide it with perfume. But it really isn't working very well.

My friend should be better in a few days. She's still in the hospital.

Yes I'm back at WTAworld. Poe had reset my password.

the cat 07-30-2002 01:20 AM

5 am? Wow Alllie! You are an early riser! :eek:

When do you have to return the car?

Good luck with the Vinegar! :bounce: Use only White Distilled Vinegar. No other Vinegar will suffice. That's what the uphlostry Lady told me. And mix it with a 50/50 combination of White Distilled vinegar and Water in a spray bottle. A spray bottle will keep you from over wetting the stain, which would onlycause more problems.

I'm glad your friend is on the road to recovery! :) Did she suffer a collapsed lung?

Allie, it's good that you got your password back, and are back at WTA World. Did someone hack into your account like you origanally thought?

Allie 07-30-2002 02:27 AM

I'm not an easy riser. I just haven't been able to sleep well lately. I get up in the middle of the night a lot lately. :shrugs:

I have to return it by friday, before I go on my trip.

Lets hope the vinegar works. :)

I have no idea what happened to my wtaworld account. All I know is I need to change my password. I'm not going to remember those numbers. :o