MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mariano Puerta Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=426)
-   -   Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=52722)

*Ljubica* 09-08-2005 05:03 PM

Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Mariano has been given a Wild Card to the Romanian Open which starts Monday 12th September. I'm sure he'll be happy to be back on his favourite surface - Vamos Mariano :)

Denaon 09-08-2005 05:55 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Mariano!!! :bounce: #1 seed for the third time this year!!!

Mariano's performance in Bucharest:

2000 - Lost in R16 to Balcells, Juan (ESP ) Rank. 115 4-6/4-6
1999 - Lost in R32 to Marin, Juan Antonio (CRC ) Rank. 56 6-3/1-6/3-6
1998 - Lost in R32 to Moldovan, Ion (ROM ) Rank. 331 4-6/4-6

This time can be yours!!! Go Mariano!!!

PS: thx Rosie :D

*Ljubica* 09-08-2005 07:15 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaon
Mariano!!! :bounce: #1 seed for the third time this year!!!

Mariano's performance in Bucharest:

2000 - Lost in R16 to Balcells, Juan (ESP ) Rank. 115 4-6/4-6
1999 - Lost in R32 to Marin, Juan Antonio (CRC ) Rank. 56 6-3/1-6/3-6
1998 - Lost in R32 to Moldovan, Ion (ROM ) Rank. 331 4-6/4-6

This time can be yours!!! Go Mariano!!!

PS: thx Rosie :D

You're welcome :) I really hope he can win this tournament.

Denaon 09-08-2005 07:26 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie
:)

You're welcome :) I really hope he can win this tournament.

:yeah: I do too!!! I hope he can do his best so get points and chances for Shangai!!! (well in fact I'm kinda torn coz I want all Roller Coasters to get there, and maybe Coria too :p)
I know nothing about his mathematical chances, but I think he's still got some left!!!

kali_puerta_fan 09-08-2005 09:08 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
well...he would have a chance, I mean a bigger one, if he wins the open. 35 points would really do him good. As for the opponents, besides Pavel, the no1 romanian favourite(he will have the public at his side), Puerta will have to deal with Wawrinka, Rochus and Ferrer. If I remember well, Wawrinca defeated Puerta once, Rochus is very Speedy Gonzalez like and Ferrer, well, he has experience.

I will go to all the matches, and I will try to give you some details after each day at the open. I hope he wins, though I'm from Romania, and a romanian would be so good 4 us to win the tournament. I think probably the most beautiful final would be Puerta-Pavel, though I don't know who I'd be cheering up. :)

Choupi 09-09-2005 09:11 AM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Vamos Mariano! Take your chances! And Kali thanks in advance for your upcoming infos. That's really nice to have a special reporter there! :yeah:

*Ljubica* 09-09-2005 12:03 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
well...he would have a chance, I mean a bigger one, if he wins the open. 35 points would really do him good. As for the opponents, besides Pavel, the no1 romanian favourite(he will have the public at his side), Puerta will have to deal with Wawrinka, Rochus and Ferrer. If I remember well, Wawrinca defeated Puerta once, Rochus is very Speedy Gonzalez like and Ferrer, well, he has experience.

I will go to all the matches, and I will try to give you some details after each day at the open. I hope he wins, though I'm from Romania, and a romanian would be so good 4 us to win the tournament. I think probably the most beautiful final would be Puerta-Pavel, though I don't know who I'd be cheering up. :)

Thanks Kali :hug: I don't think Mariano needs to worry too much about Wawrinka (his big serve will be somewhat negated on the clay), - but I think Ferrer will be a problem, and, of course Pavel with his home crowd behind him. I hope you enjoy your week at the Open :)

As for Shanghai - I really want Mariano to qualify. The other younger players like Coria have plenty of other chances in their careers to get to a Masters' - but Mariano is much older and this is his career best year, so realisitically he may not get another chance to play in a TMC so I think it would be really special for him to get there this year.

kali_puerta_fan 09-09-2005 01:24 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
:angel: Yeah, that's what I said when Nadal won the RG. :mad: Mariano would probably never get that far again. What happens if one of the Top 10 players is not able 2 play...like Marat, who I doubt will catch the Shanghai Open, the place is occupied by the next Top 10 player, right? If this is corect + the 35 points of the Romanian open, Mariano might have a great and unexpected chance to be in Shanghai...Mariano needs about 60 points, in this moment, to catch a place at the Shanghai open. Safin is 45 points away, and Gaudio 43. But Davidenko is a little bit 2 far away:77points. But it would be enough if Mariano manages 2 be placed at no 8. :worship: :worship:

*Ljubica* 09-09-2005 01:39 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
:angel: Yeah, that's what I said when Nadal won the RG. :mad: Mariano would probably never get that far again. What happens if one of the Top 10 players is not able 2 play...like Marat, who I doubt will catch the Shanghai Open, the place is occupied by the next Top 10 player, right? If this is corect + the 35 points of the Romanian open, Mariano might have a great and unexpected chance to be in Shanghai...Mariano needs about 60 points, in this moment, to catch a place at the Shanghai open. Safin is 45 points away, and Gaudio 43. But Davidenko is a little bit 2 far away:77points. But it would be enough if Mariano manages 2 be placed at no 8. :worship: :worship:

Wow - you've really been working this out haven't you? I don't think Davydenko will do much more this season because he's injured - Safin also is injured but he will get to Shanghai whatever as you say. So I will keep my fingers crossed for Mariano and follow his matches on the Net from work whenever I can :)

Denaon 09-09-2005 01:44 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
:angel: Yeah, that's what I said when Nadal won the RG. :mad: Mariano would probably never get that far again. What happens if one of the Top 10 players is not able 2 play...like Marat, who I doubt will catch the Shanghai Open, the place is occupied by the next Top 10 player, right? If this is corect + the 35 points of the Romanian open, Mariano might have a great and unexpected chance to be in Shanghai...Mariano needs about 60 points, in this moment, to catch a place at the Shanghai open. Safin is 45 points away, and Gaudio 43. But Davidenko is a little bit 2 far away:77points. But it would be enough if Mariano manages 2 be placed at no 8. :worship: :worship:

Kali :wavey: Enjoy the tourney and cheer Mariano for all of us!!! :bounce:
I hope he can, as Rosie said this might be Mariano's best year, this gotta be his year to be in TMC..

kali_puerta_fan 09-10-2005 06:59 AM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
So...Mariano arrived yesterday in Bucharest, he is here for the 3rd time, but never managed to pass the 2nd round.
He said:"This year is very different.I had really good results, and I want to fight, because I still have a shot for the Shanghai Masters." He also said that "everything is great in Bucharest, the accommodation is great, and the girls are very beautiful, Top 5 beautiful!" :worship: :worship: I guess he is not an :angel: after all. I wonder what would Sol say... :devil: :devil: :p

Choupi 09-10-2005 08:48 AM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
So...Mariano arrived yesterday in Bucharest, he is here for the 3rd time, but never managed to pass the 2nd round.
He said:"This year is very different.I had really good results, and I want to fight, because I still have a shot for the Shanghai Masters." He also said that "everything is great in Bucharest, the accommodation is great, and the girls are very beautiful, Top 5 beautiful!" :worship: :worship: I guess he is not an :angel: after all. I wonder what would Sol say... :devil: :devil: :p

Thanks for the info Kali. Well he's not an :angel: but who is? I mean, he's got eyes to see...As long as he stucks to only watching, Sol mustn't care too much! ;)

*Ljubica* 09-10-2005 09:53 AM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
So...Mariano arrived yesterday in Bucharest, he is here for the 3rd time, but never managed to pass the 2nd round.
He said:"This year is very different.I had really good results, and I want to fight, because I still have a shot for the Shanghai Masters." He also said that "everything is great in Bucharest, the accommodation is great, and the girls are very beautiful, Top 5 beautiful!" :worship: :worship: I guess he is not an :angel: after all. I wonder what would Sol say... :devil: :devil: :p

Guess Sol is used to him by now ;) Most men are the same I think - can't resist looking at a pretty girl! Thanks so much for the information Kali - are you going to any of the practice sessions or just to the matches?

sigmagirl91 09-10-2005 11:31 AM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Go Mariano!

*Ljubica* 09-10-2005 01:30 PM

Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread
 
Here is the draw.................Vamos Mariano :)

1WC) PUERTA, Mariano ARG v TIPSAREVIC, Janko SCG
HORNA, Luis PER v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
WASKE, Alexander GER v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
MONTANES, Albert ESP v (5) MONFILS, Gael FRA

(4) HANESCU, Victor ROM v STARACE, Potito ITA
SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA v SABAU, Razvan ROM
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP v Qualifier
CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG v (6) ACASUSO, Jose ARG

(8) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP v ZABALETA, Mariano ARG
MAYER, Florian GER v HERNANDEZ, Oscar ESP
Qualifier v Qualifier
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v (3WC) PAVEL, Andrei ROM

(7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA v SANCHEZ, David ESP
Qualifier v ROCHUS, Christophe BEL
SERRA, Florent FRA v (WC) CRIVOI, Victor ROM
BEHREND, Tomas GER v (2) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.