MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Limit to the number of threads one can start in a day? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=51303)

Purple Rainbow 08-31-2005 02:06 AM

Limit to the number of threads one can start in a day?
 
Hi!

After the recent vCash changes, it seems that more and more needless threads are being created in the gm forum every day. Are we really looking forward to seeing a thread about every match that has been played (currently on the first page Mirnyi defeats Gimelstob and Tursunov defeats Bagdatis, for example)? Let's not forget the bogus polls on the same forum (Can Nicolas Massu win the US Open :cuckoo: ). As more posters will find out that they actually make vCash by starting threads, I expect the place that once was a reasonably good discussion site for tennis fans to turn into an out-of-control postingfest for vCash addicts..

Anyway, I got a bit carried away. My point is that in other to not let gm get out of hand and to have a chance to keep the forum at least moderately intelligent, there should be a limit to the number of threads one can start in a day. On another site I occasionally lurk, they installed a rule that no more than 2 threads can be started on a day. This seems about fair for mtf too!

Hoping for some feedback!

gravity 08-31-2005 02:46 AM

Re: Limit to the number of threads one can start in a day?
 
Interesting idea.

My problem with it would be potential useful information going missing or great threads never started because the individual used his quota for the day, and couldn't be bothered or remember to come back tomorrow to create it later.

Yeah you can earn a few bucks vcash by creating a thread, but you risk losing a whole lot more if we delete your thread for posting rubbish or irrelevent nonsense. So if you're really addicted to vcash :lol: best you think before you create otherwise you'll end up with a negative balance in no time.

nkhera1 09-04-2005 06:15 PM

Re: Limit to the number of threads one can start in a day?
 
I agree we have like at least 2 different threads on each match though I understand it will be hard to change.

Nikki♥ 09-06-2005 03:21 PM

Re: Limit to the number of threads one can start in a day?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity
My problem with it would be potential useful information going missing or great threads never started because the individual used his quota for the day, and couldn't be bothered or remember to come back tomorrow to create it later.

I agree with you.

The best thing, in my opinion, is to keep it the way it currently is and simply just delete threads that make absolutely no sense and were just created to make lots of vCash.

Denaon 09-06-2005 06:44 PM

Re: Limit to the number of threads one can start in a day?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity
Interesting idea.
My problem with it would be potential useful information going missing or great threads never started because the individual used his quota for the day, and couldn't be bothered or remember to come back tomorrow to create it later......

I completely agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity
Yeah you can earn a few bucks vcash by creating a thread, but you risk losing a whole lot more if we delete your thread for posting rubbish or irrelevent nonsense. So if you're really addicted to vcash :lol: best you think before you create otherwise you'll end up with a negative balance in no time.

Thank god this is not happening in Non Tennis, my vcash integrity would be threatened. :rolls:


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.