MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Spanish Armada (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Anybody know anything about Marc Lopez? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=5006)

Tennis Fool 07-15-2003 02:29 AM

Anybody know anything about Marc Lopez?

The name wouldn't have registered if it weren't for an article today that said he had gotten to the semis of Stuttgart two years ago, losing to Guillermo Canas. He's been playing Challengers since, although he won a round at the FO this year (he lost in 5 sets to Jiri Novak in the 2nd), and just won his opening match at Stuttgart.

Anyone know this 20-year-old's prospects on the circuit?

stephB 12-02-2003 11:01 AM

Re: Anybody know anything about Marc Lopez?

i saw him quite often this year. but till now his not that successful player. maybe he´s better next year

Jazzy 12-08-2003 07:33 AM

nope sowwy, never herd of him until now!!
sowwy i can't really help u!! :sad:

Sue 06-10-2006 04:57 PM

Does anyone know the name of Marcs coach please?

~EMiLiTA~ 09-11-2006 02:02 PM

well it used to be Francisco Roig and Jordi Vilaró but not sure anymore...because Roig does a lot of work with Rafa and Vilaró is Robredo's coach now. Although I know Tommy and Marc were friends growing up so maybe Vilaró still does some work with Marc too.

Anyway, just wanted to write here that Marc won the Brasov challenger last week beating Crivoi in the final...molt bé Marc!! :banana:

Sue 09-22-2006 08:42 PM

Thanks Emilita.....was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever answer me!

jole 10-09-2006 01:37 AM

Does anyone know what Marc's challenges are?

I've seen him floating around for so long, showing a little bit of potential, but basically never breaking through.

Please tell me he is at least better than Oscar Hernandez.

~EMiLiTA~ 10-09-2006 08:27 AM

he's playing the barcelona challenger this week - first round is against an Egyptian WC, hopefully he can win that one!

he's 16th on the alternates for the kolding challenger next week (maybe he will play qualies there, depending on what he does in BCN)

unfortunately, the rankings don't say he is better than oscar hernandez lol...but i have to say, when i saw him play in stuttgart 2003, i was impressed. he doesn't seem to have progressed since then though :(

~EMiLiTA~ 12-20-2006 06:36 AM

he's playing the Noumea challenger in week 1 so hopefully that means he'll be in Aus too!

~EMiLiTA~ 12-21-2006 11:47 AM

he's gonna play Aus Open qualies!! :rocker2: that's cool cos it's been ages since i've seen him. i'm not sure who his coach is at the moment. the last time i saw him it was sergi corretja who is also a cool guy...but now i'm not sure. either way, i'll be at marc's matches!!!

Alonsofz 01-16-2007 12:28 PM

Today livescores of Marc López, Gorka Fraile and Óscar Hernández doubles match in La Serena challenger ;)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=92046

~EMiLiTA~ 01-26-2007 03:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
some pics I took of Marc during AO qualies.. (so sad he didn't make it into the main draw :( )

~EMiLiTA~ 04-22-2007 01:35 AM

Marc got a wildcard into the Godo! :rocker2: (as he should)

Unfortunately, he plays Calleri so it could be tough :(

He's also playing doubles with Robredo (they were childhood friends) aganist Bhupathi and Stepanek...not sure if they'll win that either..but in any case VINGA MARC! :)

juanqui.ferrero 04-22-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~EMiLiTA~ (Post 5229143)
Marc got a wildcard into the Godo! :rocker2: (as he should)

Unfortunately, he plays Calleri so it could be tough :(

He's also playing doubles with Robredo (they were childhood friends) aganist Bhupathi and Stepanek...not sure if they'll win that either..but in any case VINGA MARC! :)

We'll, in any case that's a great opportunity for him !! VAMOS !!

~EMiLiTA~ 04-24-2007 02:09 AM

he lost to Calleri 5-7 7-5 3-6 :( closer than i expected though so well done Marc!