MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Richard Gasquet Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=424)
-   -   Did Richard get kicked out of the US OPEN a couple of years ago?? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=49811)

gogo_guga 08-20-2005 03:14 AM

Did Richard get kicked out of the US OPEN a couple of years ago??

I heard this story about Richard getting angry at a lineswoman during a US OPEN match and throwing his racquet at her (2003 possibly??). According to what I heard, the racquet hit the woman's browbone, cut it open, and caused it to bleed. This behavior supposedly led to Richard getting kicked out of the tournament.
Is this story true??? :confused:

Éowyn 08-20-2005 04:00 AM

Re: Did Richard get kicked out of the US OPEN a couple of years ago??

well he's never actually played in the USO so i doubt that very much unless it was the junior USO and i have never heard about it and i tend to keep track of juniors thats not to say it didn't happen but i've certainly never heard about it if it did.

silverwhite 08-20-2005 06:57 AM

He was defaulted last year. During one of the qualifying rounds, he was up a set but down a break in the second and he threw his racket in frustration, and unintentionally hit a linesperson.

Suzi 08-20-2005 09:29 AM

i think he was defaulted twice

once in a tournament leading up to the USO

and once in the qualis

(ignore this if im wrong :p)

silverwhite 08-20-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi
i think he was defaulted twice

once in a tournament leading up to the USO

and once in the qualis

(ignore this if im wrong :p)

I thought he retired from the lead-up.

tennisgirl19 08-20-2005 08:34 PM

As silverwhite said it was the first round of qualifying and he threw his racquet in frustration hitting the linesperson then being disqualified.

The lead-up tournament was a Challenger in NYC (I was there) and during his first round match he ended up quitting the match because he was down a break in the 3rd and he thought that he couldn't win. He first got a warning for breaking his racquet, then a point penalty for throwing the ball outside the court, then a game penalty in the 3rd set since he broke another racquet. After that he quit the match and just walked off the court failing to complete it.

gogo_guga 08-20-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
As silverwhite said it was the first round of qualifying and he threw his racquet in frustration hitting the linesperson then being disqualified.

The lead-up tournament was a Challenger in NYC (I was there) and during his first round match he ended up quitting the match because he was down a break in the 3rd and he thought that he couldn't win. He first got a warning for breaking his racquet, then a point penalty for throwing the ball outside the court, then a game penalty in the 3rd set since he broke another racquet. After that he quit the match and just walked off the court failing to complete it.

Wow, he seems to have matured a lot!!! I can't imagine Richard doing something like that nowadays!!
Did he really just walk off the court at the NYC Challenger??

oskyldig 08-21-2005 01:57 AM

Eeep. How unfortunate, but I guess yes is true he have matured since then.. I can't imagine myself ever walking away from a match at all.. Well I considered it once; only because I hated the opponent beyond words hehe.. No excuse for me tho!

Suzi 08-21-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisgirl19

ok i knew it was something like that, thanks! lol he seems to of matured like a fine chedder cheese lol

tennisgirl19 08-21-2005 11:30 PM

Yep, he really did just walk off the court. He packed his bags and left. I was shocked....

He matured like fine chedder cheese? :rolls: Never thought Richard could be compared to cheese... :haha:

_pyromatic 08-22-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi
ok i knew it was something like that, thanks! lol he seems to of matured like a fine chedder cheese lol

That is the best similie ever :worship:

njnetswill 08-23-2005 04:25 AM

Angry Gasquet = Angry Federer? :p

Suzi 08-23-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _pyromatic
That is the best similie ever :worship:

:lol: i compare everything to food :p

Éowyn 08-23-2005 02:27 PM

man i'd love to see him just walk off court :lol:

Suzi 08-23-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Éowyn
man i'd love to see him just walk off court :lol:

yeah and into my arms :lol: ha