MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Richard Gasquet Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=424)
-   -   How many languages does Richard speak? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=48994)

gogo_guga 08-13-2005 03:23 AM

How many languages does Richard speak?

I was just wondering if Richard speaks Spanish because he played doubles with David Ferrer in Montreal and during the changeovers the two seemed to be talking a lot to each other. I couldn't hear what language they were speaking but I assume it wasn't English since neither of them speaks it very well.

adelaide 08-13-2005 03:23 AM

Re: How many languages does Richard speak?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogo_guga
I was just wondering if Richard speaks Spanish because he played doubles with David Ferrer in Montreal and during the changeovers the two seemed to be talking a lot to each other. I couldn't hear what language they were speaking but I assume it wasn't English since neither of them speaks it very well.

I was sitting right behind David and Richie, and I *think* it was French. I don't know for sure though :)

Cindy19 08-13-2005 03:32 AM

I have no idea, but i'm sure that he is not good at English...

Suzi 08-13-2005 10:39 AM

i dont think he can speak spanish coz i heard once he speaks to rafa in ebroken english cos niether can really speak eithers own language

tennisgirl19 08-13-2005 02:10 PM

I better whatever they were speaking was really cute! :hearts:

I wonder how those two got together to play doubles in the first place. Such an interesting combination which I don't mind at all.

Cindy19 08-15-2005 04:01 AM

I love French...it sounds so tender. But so sad, i have no idea about it...
but if i have time to learn second language, i will choose German...

oskyldig 08-16-2005 07:50 PM

I think that he just speaks French and a little English. In Montréal he was speaking with the Spanish players in only so I guess that means that he doesn't speak Spanish.. But maybe he is just too shy to speak it!

Cindy19 08-17-2005 01:58 AM

For sure, he can't speak CHinese =)

Suzi 08-17-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy19
For sure, he can't speak CHinese =)

:lol: if he did my parents might actually like him :lol:

oskyldig 08-17-2005 04:48 PM

And if he did, then I would be impressed.. VERY impressed indeed *hehe*, but also if he spoke swedish too.. I would just drop dead for 5 seconds if he had say some words in swedish hehehe.

angelical 08-17-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi
i dont think he can speak spanish coz i heard once he speaks to rafa in ebroken english cos niether can really speak eithers own language

I think Rafi was once asked what they spoke to each other and he laughed and something along the lines of English, his very best English :p

Cindy19 08-19-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi
:lol: if he did my parents might actually like him :lol:

hehe, is that the reason why your parents don't like him? Because he can't speak Chinese? :tears:

Suzi 08-19-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy19
hehe, is that the reason why your parents don't like him? Because he can't speak Chinese? :tears:

:haha: no they just think all the people i like are stupid! but there the ones that are :p

Éowyn 08-19-2005 04:36 PM

actually despite the fact that his english is not perfect it's certainly good enough to have a conversation in coz he spoke to me pretty well in it and he definately knows when someone is complimenting him in it.

Suzi 08-19-2005 04:58 PM

ive always thought that JJ his english is better than my dads and trust me on that one :lol: