MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Graydon Oliver fan gathering! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=48640)

Fee 08-10-2005 02:00 AM

Graydon Oliver fan gathering!

Well, it is way past time for Graydon to have his own thread here at MTF (one that begins in a happy, positive place, not like the other one).

His official website can be found at www.graydonoliver.org. He's off this week, but he will be playing at the Cincy Masters according to the Doubles early entry list. I'll see if I can track down a few of the pictures I've taken of him in the last few years to add to this thread. :D

Scotso 08-10-2005 02:49 AM

Re: Graydon Oliver fan gathering!

Go Go Graydon Volley!

jmgsdoubsprtnr 08-10-2005 05:19 PM

i just thought this was funny:

OLIVER ON OLIVER:
Favorite movie: Ace Ventura
Favorite TV show: Most memorable moment: Vacationing in Arizona with my family and getting stuck in a sandstorm
Most embarrassing moment: Getting gum stuck in my hair in sixth grade
Why you decided to attend UI: What you miss most about high school: Nothing
If you were a superhero, what you would be named: Flash, because I’m so fast.
Favorite athlete: Stefan Edberg, because he was so consistent with his performances.
If you could date anyone in the world, who it would be: Catherine Zeta-Jones, because she loves me--she just doesn’t know it yet.
Favorite thing to do besides tennis: Play on the computer, trade stock, and re-stock my fish tank.
If you were stranded on a desert island, and you could take one person with you, who it would be: My Dad, so I could get to know him better.
Most prized possession: My car
Favorite type of music: Country
Favorite Food: Waffles
Favorite song: “The Gambler,” by Kenny Rogers
Best tennis moment: Winning NCAA’s in doubles and becoming 2000 national champions
Personal heroes: My parents

Fee 08-10-2005 05:26 PM

is that from that old fan site? Some of that information seems a bit out of date.

jmgsdoubsprtnr 08-10-2005 11:08 PM

haha, no. it's actually from his Illinois NCAA tennis page. so it is really out of date!

http://fightingillini.collegesports....graydon00.html

Fee 08-11-2005 12:10 AM

Classic. Excellent find for you. :worship:

Kristen 08-11-2005 07:23 AM

Nice work Fee.
Indeed, Cookie does deserve his own thread. I just went over all the photos I took this year, and I only took a couple of him as I was leaving the Adelaide tournament! (And he didn't look so nice in them :lol: ) WOE IS ME! The only other time I saw him play, I wasn't too interested because Tripp was on another court :rolleyes: Shame on me. Oh well, next year ;) Next year I will have some nice pictures to add.

Go Cookie!

**"Cookie" because of a conversation *~kat and I had with him, over what we would eat for dinner. [Adelaide 2005. Across the road from Subway, when he confessed he was quite a fan of their cookies, and I think he was contemplating getting one. Poor guy. The store closed before he had a chance.]

Fee 08-11-2005 08:38 PM

Funny that you call him 'cookie'. I've given most of 'my boys' food-based pet names and somehow Graydon became 'baby biscuit', probably because JMG is the big biscuit, and they were my 1-2 guys for a while. I don't think I have a 'cookie' but Travis is 'cupcake'.

Fee 08-12-2005 07:13 AM

Graydon and Travis got into the Montreal Masters as alternates when Llodra/Santoro had to withdraw. They won their first match together {Oliver/Parrott d Etlis/Rodriguez 46 76(2) 76(4)} and will play Bjorkman/Mirnyi on Friday.

Go Baby Biscuit and Cupcake!

Kristen 08-13-2005 02:02 AM

:scared:Conundrum!:scared:

Not really... I know who I will be ditching. Age before beauty ;) :ras: Back to Graydon-supporting next tournament :lol:

ae wowww 08-13-2005 05:42 PM

Great idea Fee :D Nice move as alternates at the Masters! We have to get Jules in here ;) Her first MTF post-she has the account!!

Kat! 08-15-2005 02:30 PM

LOL @ Kristen - I just discovered this thread :wavey:

Fee 08-15-2005 04:40 PM

For the record, in Montreal:

(1)Bjorkman/Mirnyi d Oliver/Parrott 64 76(7)

Today at the Cincy Masters, Graydon and Hrbaty will play Justin G and Rick Leach. :D

jmgsdoubsprtnr 08-16-2005 04:33 AM

they lost to gimmy and leach. :sad:

Fee 08-16-2005 06:36 AM

Graydon is ranked 29th in doubles this week. I think that is the highest he has ever been. Yay for Graydon!