MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Marat Safin Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=4855)

Shadow 07-08-2003 06:12 PM

Marat Quotes / Quotes about Marat

Here you can post your favourite quotes from "the most quotable guy" of the world:D So come on, let us all laugh, cry, giggle together :)

Jessi 07-08-2003 09:41 PM

Re: Favourite Marat Quotes

Great thread idea Andrea! :D

I'll do mine later.. don't have time right now :p :wavey:

evelyn533 07-09-2003 01:33 AM

Marat quotes

LOL! He's such a funny man! I love this one: "I read somewhere that when someone's very sexual, then he's also very ingenious." LOL.:D

maratgirl 07-09-2003 08:30 AM

I like this one "I only sign for beautiful girls"" yeah sure!!

Shadow 07-09-2003 11:44 AM

"And how to say this one? The Russian one, doesn't have a bad one also. What is his name, the young one, the tall one? This guy, you know (laughter)? The one not playing too bad. He beat once Sampras in the finals of US Open. Do you know him (laughter)? Safin, maybe Safin? I mean, I don't know, I consider myself I don't have a bad backhand. Not super, but I'm working on it."

:D :D :D :D

maratgirl 07-09-2003 03:57 PM

:p :D :p :D :p :D don't take my quotes :p :D :p :D

Shadow 07-10-2003 11:12 AM

"Nobody can actually understand Russians. It's difficult. You can, but it's difficult, right?"

:D

maratgirl 07-10-2003 12:26 PM

yeah,yeah well I understand them perfectly only not the language :p

Shadow 07-11-2003 11:55 AM

"We've been watching different cartoons."

"I wasn't interested in tennis, but didn't know what to do with my feets, too."

"You want to sit in the five-star hotels? You have to get here and, believe me, it's a long way. Years and years of working hard and traveling the world, and shitty hotels with no TV and no bathroom. I did all this. Going to a cafe and eating off the $5 menu. You start with $100 a week, maybe. I was down to nothing sometimes. I had to make some good results to make money. Now you come to five-star hotels, and it's, "What do you want? Coke? Whiskey?

"I wasn't a genius I wasn't stupid. I was okay. I was a normal guy. Sometimes I cheated in exams. we all do."

maratgirl 07-11-2003 12:49 PM

I think it is ubelieveble that he was first just a poor guy and now he is a millionair. look what he have done to come so far it's amazing that;s why I also respect him :angel:

Jessi 07-12-2003 08:15 AM

ok, here are some of my fave Marat quotes :D

classic Marat:

Girl "Say something to me Marat!!" Marat " Something."

But normally when you talk to yourself [on court] you say; 'I love you, you're a good guy, but don't miss next time, okay.' "

Jessi 07-12-2003 08:16 AM

"Then there's the matter of that coaching vacancy. "I can't understand it," Safin says with mock earnestness. "You get to spend 24 hours a day around me. That should be hard to resist, shouldn't it?"

Last week he was asked if he had designs on emulating Kournikova and emigrating soon to the U.S. "Oh, so you want me to kill myself?" responded Safin, who recently bought an apartment in Monte Carlo. "They don't even let me drink beer in this country."

Jessi 07-12-2003 08:17 AM

I am enjoying the sport I’ve been playing since six. It's better than cleaning the streets of Moscow.”

Jessi 07-12-2003 08:18 AM

Marat: Lady, can you speak up a little bit -- Indianapolis is a little far from Europe, so I can't hear you

Jessi 07-12-2003 08:19 AM

Q. Were you signing autographs for pretty girls?

MARAT SAFIN: No, pretty boys I was signing.

:lol: