MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'm leaving for the Mets game soon. And it might be the last Baseball game I go to! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=477)

the cat 07-26-2002 07:59 PM

I'm leaving for the Mets game soon. And it might be the last Baseball game I go to!

I'm looking forward to going to the New York Mets - Cincinati Reds Baseball game tonight at Shea Stadium in New York! :bounce: I sure hope Ken Griffey Jr. plays tonight. I've never seen him play in person before. It would be a pleasure to watch one of the all time greats play!

I wonder what Allie thinks of Griffey a couple years after he demanded to be traded from Seattle? I know she's a huge Mariners fan. But she's probably down on Griffey. As I think she is on Alex Rodriguez, too. It's amazing how the Mariners have kept winning even after Griffey, Rodriguez and Randy Johnson all left Seattle within a couple years of each other!

But if the Baseball players go on strike in September and wipe out the playoffs and World Series, I'll never go back! :mad: Even if I'm offered a free ticket! :eek: And my Sister gave me a ticket for tonights game as a reward for helping her on Wednseday night when her car broke down on the Northern State Parkway.

I haven't been to a Baseball game this season. So I'm looking forward to tonights game. But if the players go on strike this year, and blow off the Playoffs and World Series, as they did in 1994, then I'll go on strike too, and never go back to another Major League Baseball game! Even if I'm offered a free ticket! :eek:

Now I said the same thing after the work stoppages in 1982 and 1994, but I went back anyway. But not this time! No way! Does anyone else feel the same way I do? I know there are alot of Baseball fans at both ATP World and WTA World. And I wanted to find out there opinions on this subject.

Any and all opinions will be appreciated!

Allie 07-26-2002 08:05 PM

Re: I'm leaving for the Mets game soon. And it might be the last Baseball game I go to!

Quote:

Originally posted by the cat
I wonder what Allie thinks of Griffey a couple years after he demanded to be traded from Seattle? I know she's a huge Mariners fan. But she's probably down on Griffey. As I think she is on Alex Rodriguez, too. It's amazing how the Mariners have kept winning even after Griffey, Rodriguez and Randy Johnson all left Seattle within a couple years of each other!

Hey the Mariners are still doing very well (even though Freddy Garcia is having some sort of a slump right now :o :fiery: ) even without Griffey, A-Rod, or Randy.

Griffey and A-Rod are both on shitty teams and Griffey isn't do much right now is he? :angel:

the cat 07-26-2002 08:14 PM

No Allie, Griffey isn't doing much right now. And it was a terrible move for him to want to leave Seattle. Asd the saying goes, the grass ian't always greener on the other side! And Griffey is paying for it in Cincinati! :eek: Isn't he? But I still wouldn't mind seeing him hit a long home run tonight. As frustrated as I am as a Baseball fan, I can still appreciate Griffey as an all time great Baseball player! :)

And Allie, the Mariners are thriving without these great players! :) That proves it really is all about teamwork and team chemistry!

It's starting to look like rain! :( It's getting cloudy out! :mad:

My final score prediction for tonights Mets - Reds game: Mets 5 Reds 3. Let's go Mets! :bounce:

Allie 07-26-2002 08:19 PM

Ichiro! :bounce:

Also the M's pitching is superb. (except for Freddy lately :o )

the cat 07-26-2002 08:27 PM

Well I'm off to the game! :) I better bring an Umbrella just in case it rains! I do not want to ever catch Pnuemonia again!

Allie, Jamie Moyer is one of my favorite Pitchers! He's an absolute artist as a Pitcher! :bounce:

Thanks Allie! :wavey:

the cat 07-27-2002 02:02 PM

I went to the Mets - Reds game last night. It was a very good game. I really liked it! But the traffic going to the game and leaving the game was a trocious as usual! And the Mets won 3-2! :bounce: I predicted a Mets win by a score of 5-3. So I was a little off! ;) Then in the New York Post this morning, the talk was about how the Mets would go out on strike if that's what the Union wanted! :mad: Talk like that just ruins everything! :fiery:

And Shea Stadium, where the Mets play, has nothing on Camden Yards in Baltimore, or Allie's Field, Safeco Field in Seattle. Those stadiums look wonderful on television! :)

But the Mets need a new stadium. And as long as the Mets owners pay for it, that's fine with me. They can forget about New Yorkers footing the bill for new stadiums for the Mets or Yankees! New York City and it's surrounding areas needs to spend taxpayer money on schools, on fixing the terrible roads and fighting crime. Not on stadiums for the Mets and Yankees. Besides, New York needs to build a magnificent monument for those people killed in the heinous Twin Towers 9-11 attack. Even though I really can't afford to, I'd gladly help financially support the building of a wonderful memorial site at Ground Zero! But I would never help financially support the building of new stadiums for the Mets and Yankees. No way! In the scheme of things in today's world, new Baseball stadiums aren't that important. That's just the way it is.

Chloe le Bopper 07-27-2002 04:43 PM

Glad that you had fun.

My interest in baseball has dwindled significantly since the Jays hay day ;)

Frankly I have a hard time supporting a league that ir run by a whole bunch of disgustingly selfish people, who are supported by a whole bunch of similar players.

I've wondered for a while why anyone would want to support a league like that.

On that note, I don't intend on goign to any leafs games next year, as I dont want to support them for the same reasons...

the cat 07-27-2002 07:07 PM

Thanks Becca!

Well said Becca! :) Well said! Professional sports, especially Major League Baseball is in trouble where developing new fans are concerned! :eek: The monumental greed of the players and owners will chase some fans away for good this time. And Montreal and Toronto have never recovered from 1994 Baseball work stoppage.

P.S. - Becca, you seem to know alot about alot of things. You really do. But the Baseball fans aren't supporting the Leagues because of the Owners or Players. They are supporting the teams they care about. But if the Players go on Strike, irreperable damage will be done to Major League Baseball! :(

Barrie_Dude 07-28-2002 01:00 AM

Why would anyone want to go to Flushing Meadow to see the Mets play when they can go to the Bronx and see the Yankees?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the cat 07-28-2002 03:10 AM

Barrie, are you over here now? You cover more ground than the rare Canadian Eagle! :eek:

Barrie_ Duh (Dude), of course I'd rather go to the Bronx and see the Yankees play! Duh! But the free ticket was for the Mets game! ;) And if they go on strike, I won't be going to any games! :mad: And I'm just telling it like it is! :eek:

Barrie_Dude 07-28-2002 03:29 AM

The closest I have ever been to Shea Stadium is LaGuardia Airport and the USTA Grounds! I have, however, been to Yankee stadium!

the cat 07-28-2002 03:44 AM

Barrie, you're sounding like a snob! :eek: And I didn't think there was such a thing as Canadian snobs! ;)

Barrie_Dude 07-28-2002 04:19 AM

The Facts Ma'am! Just the facts! That's all I'm stating

the cat 07-28-2002 06:27 PM

Barrie, you state your interesting opinions along with the facts, don't you? ;)

Barrie_Dude 07-29-2002 03:47 AM

Hmmmppf!;) :D