MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Brit Pack (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Alan Mackin (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=47011)

Raquel 07-25-2005 04:54 PM

Alan Mackin

Just about everyone else has a thread so I thought I would start one for my fellow Scot, Alan Mackin :) Alan's been a bit overshadowed by Andy Murray now but he is a real hard worker on the tour. He plays a LOT of satellites and challengers and this week he is in Umag. He lost in the last round of qualies but got in as a lucky loser and plays Felix Mantilla. Tough draw but Alan's favourite surface is clay so I hope he does well

Good luck Alan :yeah:

jezzaUK 07-25-2005 08:29 PM

Re: Alan Mackin

I'm sure this will be tough for him, but he'll make the most of this opportunity. It will be interesting to see how well he does before he gets any coverage in the press!

Raquel 07-29-2005 10:47 PM

Alan's in the qualifying in Sopot this week. He is the only non Polish player in his section so hopefully he can come through and make another tour main draw.

ae wowww 07-31-2005 11:42 AM

Great idea Raquel, Alan is a legend :D He first came to my attention in the 2003 Davis Cup tie vs Australia where he put up a relatively good fight again Philippoussis, who went on to make the Wimbledon final the same year..
I have seen him play several times, most recently at the Manchester challenger earlier this month :) GO Alan!

jezzaUK 07-31-2005 05:18 PM

Alan's won his first 2 qualifying rounds, and faces an unranked pole tomorrow for a place in the main draw.

ae wowww 08-01-2005 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jezzaUK
Alan's won his first 2 qualifying rounds, and faces an unranked pole tomorrow for a place in the main draw.

Good luck Big Al!

Raquel 08-01-2005 09:52 PM

Alan lost to Matkowski but got into the main draw as a lucky loser :) He plays Monaco in round 1. Obviously a tough match but if Alan had won his qualifer he would have played Mantilla again so maybe it's good he did lose after all and he has a different opponent at least.

ae wowww 08-03-2005 04:02 PM

Excellent opportunity for him here :D Go for it Alan!

Raquel 08-06-2005 11:25 PM

Alan's now qualifying for the San Marino Challenger. He won his first round, losing only 1 game. He now plays an Austrian ranked in the 500s so a good chance to get through to last round of qualies. Even though it's a Challenger it's the same week as a Masters Series so it's a good field - about 7 top 100 players in it including Mayer, Mantilla, Nieminen, Almagro - so it's a tough draw but hopefully he can qualify.

villaturk 08-07-2005 04:50 PM

Good news,Alan beat the Austrian Max Raditschnigg 61 63 and today beat the russian Evgueni Korolev 64 67 62 and so will take on the italian Alessio DiMauro in the 1st round,good luck Al.

crazyrobert 08-08-2005 01:42 AM

i think makin shows more ambitionthan bogdan,parmar,marray and the other losers who are happy making the 2 round of challenger at least makin is trying to make the break through at atp level so what if he loses he also makes about 5000 if he gets beat in the first round :worship:

Raquel 08-08-2005 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyrobert
i think makin shows more ambitionthan bogdan,parmar,marray and the other losers who are happy making the 2 round of challenger at least makin is trying to make the break through at atp level so what if he loses he also makes about 5000 if he gets beat in the first round :worship:

Yeah I agree with that. Alan works very hard and plays a lot of weeks in all sorts of countries all year. He's made 4 or 5 main draws on the tour this year through the qualifying, not just wild cards at the British events. Mark Petchey was saying he wished some of the other British players had Alan's willingness to work hard. Hopefully he can win his 1st round in San Marino.

Raquel 08-09-2005 10:27 PM

Alan beat Di Mauro 3-6 6-4 6-4 :eek: :woohoo:

I didn't expect that as Di Mauro's ranked over a 100 places above Alan and is pretty good on clay. He beat Ferrer in Gstaad a couple of weeks ago so that's a great win for Alan :yeah:

crazyrobert 08-11-2005 09:52 PM

where is alan playing next week comencing the 15th

Raquel 09-22-2005 05:31 PM

Big day for Alan tomorrow v Federer in Davis Cup. By far the biggest match of his career. Enjoy it Alan ;)