MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mario Ancic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Rohan Goetzke no longer Mario's coach??? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=44123)

Grace 06-30-2005 05:30 PM

Rohan Goetzke no longer Mario's coach???

Rohan Goetzke is going to be the coach of the Dutch youth team as from Ocotber 1, 2005. But what about Mario????? I assume that Rohan stops coaching Mario but why???? :sad:
I thought they were a great team and you could really see Mario getting better ever since Rohan is his coach. Now what? I hope Rohan didn't tell Mario just before his Lopez match... :mad:
Anyway, what next for Mario? I never saw this coming. Why pick coaching a youth team over coaching Mario...
Who would be a great coach for Mario?

Éowyn 06-30-2005 05:34 PM

Re: Rohan Goetzke no longer Mario's coach???

it's possible he could do both alot of coaches do more than one it all depends theres nothing to say that he is not going to keep coaching mario theres also nothing to say mario didn't decide to change coaches himself! he didn't mention anything when i spoke to him but i can't say i asked him and i doubt he'd just volunteer the information! guess we'll have to wait and see!

kasia 06-30-2005 05:42 PM

Maybe Brad Gilbert.He's no longer Andy Roddick's coach so it would be great if he started to coach Mario.I think he's really great.If it wasn't for Brad ,Andy wouldn't be so good at tennis.Gilbert could learn Mario a lot.They would surely create a terrific team.

Éowyn 06-30-2005 06:15 PM

seriously brad and mario would be my dream coach and player pairing but i doubt that'd happen! brad has a family in america and i doubt mario would be willing to leave monte carlo but i wish they'd pair up maybe just like for slams or something *dreams of the wonders of that pairing*

pryss 06-30-2005 08:01 PM

as great of a coach Brad would be, i get enough of his i'm-so-funny-ness from ESPN. I hope Mario somehows stays with Rohan, he's been so great and they seem to work so well! :sad: well, i guess we'll see what happens fairly soon....://

_pyromatic 06-30-2005 09:18 PM

As much as I hate Gilbert (the man has never pronounced a foreign player's name right :mad: ) he is an amazing coach and could help Mario a lot. He did seem to like Mario when they talked about him on espn. Johnny Mac apparently loves Mario, too, but I don't think he coaches

If he does coach Mario, Gilbert won't be on ESPN anymore! :woohoo:

Éowyn 06-30-2005 10:24 PM

after what brad did for andy to think of what he could do for mario is amazing :)

linus 07-01-2005 02:10 AM

my mario, do you really need a new coach? if right, ok, you can choose a right man for yourself, and let's wait to see what wonderful will happen! :worship: :worship:

Fergie 07-01-2005 03:31 AM

Brad could be a good change for Mario ;)

Grace 07-01-2005 06:18 AM

I was thinking about Brad too but McEnroe...if he only were a coach. That would be even better! I guess time will tell what's going to happen.

vero 07-01-2005 03:11 PM

I read once the father of Mikaëla Krajicek wanted Rohan to be Mikaëla's coach, is there any connection with Dutch youth you are talking about Grace ?
Anyway, it looks like Mario and Rohan are a good team, it would be a shame they stop working together... unless they feel their partnership isn't productive anymore, so Mario needs someone else, who could give him something else, something more...

Sharon 07-01-2005 03:29 PM

:wavey:

Quote:

COACHING CHANGES:@ Both Mario Ancic and Joachim Johansson split from their coaches.

Ancic, who reached the semifinals at Wimbledon last year but lost in the fourth round this year, is ranked 17th. He won his first ATP title at the Ordina Open earlier this month.

His coach, Rohan Goetzke, said he wanted to spend more time with his family.

The 10th-ranked Johansson, who lost in the third round at Wimbledon, split with coach Fredrik Rosengren.
its from the san fransisco chronicles... i got it from the pimpim forum (where i usually post) but i guess it says why he they split up or some of it? :scratch:

and i think gilbert would be a good coach for him because he has the abilities to help improve a player so much,
plus, i am REALLY tired of listening to him on ESPN all the time talking away ;)

vero 07-01-2005 03:40 PM

Thanks a lot for the info Sharon !

Pancakesong 07-01-2005 03:49 PM

yeah a dutch newspaper says goetzke is tired of travelling..

novi 07-01-2005 04:06 PM

Mario Ancic has parted company with his coach, Rohan Goetzke, concluding a two-year partnership that saw Ancic reach the 2004 Wimbledon semifinals and claim his first career title at 's-Hertogenbosch two weeks ago.

The 17th-ranked Croatian advanced to the fourth round of Wimbledon falling to 26th-seeded Spaniard Feliciano Lopez in straight sets. In the aftermath of that match, Goetzke informed Ancic he no longer wanted to travel the tour full time. Goetzke plans to spend time at home with his family.

"I understand Rohan's decision and wish him the very best," Ancic said in a statement. "I appreciate the many hours he has dedicated to my tennis career."

The 21-year-old Ancic and his advisors expect to announce their choice for a new coach shortly. Ancic is next scheduled to compete at the RCA championships in Indianapolis starting July 18th followed by the Mercedes Benz Cup in Los Angeles, which begins on July 25th.

This is from the official website of Mario.