MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tim Henman Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Closet Henman fans of the world, UNITE! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=3995)

Sjengster 01-30-2003 11:06 AM

Closet Henman fans of the world, UNITE!

Attention closet Henman fans who have been hiding away, reluctant to speak out in the wake of their hero's absence from the Tour:

Henman has just announced that he intends to return to action in Rotterdam with a shoulder he describes as 90% fit; hopefully, if his serve holds up well enough then on an indoor surface like this he should be able to match his achievement of last year, if not better it (although he needs the removal of a certain N. Escude to stop the Frenchman's 13-match winning streak here...)

Let's hope he can do it, 'cos if he doesn't defend the points here and most obviously at Indian Wells then his ranking is going down heavily very soon...

Layla 01-31-2003 08:56 AM

Hi Sjengster! :wavey:

I'm really glad someone's trying to revive this forum. :) LOL, we're not closet fans, but there really wasn't much to talk about during Tim's absence.

We used to be very active (see the picnic thread), but since most of the people who visited the picnic also convened in Ferrero's forum, we naturally drifted there. I don't know what happened with the other Henman fans though. :confused: Not that there were many. ;)

Tim is my second fave, after Ferrero (talk about opposites :p ). I'm also worried about his points. He had such a solid first half of the year until the injury struck. But maybe the fact that he's chaning his serve again is an encouraging sign.

Looking forward to Rotterdam then. :)

Wojtek 02-01-2003 08:02 AM

Good news . Good luck Tim in Rotterdam

harry_potter 02-11-2003 12:22 PM

hi Sjengster! :wavey: finally a henman fan like me! let's cheer for tim here! :bounce: :D

Sjengster 02-16-2003 04:59 PM

Well the Rotterdam draw is out, and Tim faces Ljubicic in the first round - just repeat what you did last year in the semis, and you'll be fine. It's big servers and Croats all the way though, as the next round would be against Ancic or Mirnyi, either of whom are going to be tough indoors.

Then a quarter-final matchup with, presumably, one of the Russians - at least I pray that is so, because if the X-Man gets through to face Henman I fear for his safety...

thenman 02-17-2003 04:00 AM

Hi everyone! Nice to see messages in here again! It's been a while, hasn't it!?
Hi Sjengster! Nice to meet you! (btw, I like Sjeng Schalken's backhand, not to mention he's very cool)

Good Luck Tim - hope your return to the tour includes a win in Rotterdam!

harry_potter 02-17-2003 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sjengster
Then a quarter-final matchup with, presumably, one of the Russians - at least I pray that is so, because if the X-Man gets through to face Henman I fear for his safety...
u mean the X-Man's safety? cuz tim's gonna beat him 6-0 6-0 :p or maybe tim's safety after his 30 minute victory? :eek: :D

Sjengster 02-17-2003 12:29 PM

Well, judging by their record I doubt a double bagel is on the cards... Malisse has become Tim's Grand Slam nemesis in recent years, and I just think he has to avoid him if at all possible. Trouble is, Malisse leads in heads-to-heads over Safin who is after all coming off an injury like Tim, and the next round would presumably be Kafelnikov, who in present form would pose him no real problems whatsoever, as in their Wimby match last year.

Layla 02-17-2003 03:51 PM

I'm not pleased about his first draw at all. :( Ljubicic will be a very tough first opponent but I'm just praying Tim's shoulder holds and he can return to playing tournaments regularly. As long as he's in contention, anything can happen.

And somebody better take Sleek Malisse out or I'll do it myself. :p

Sjengster 02-17-2003 08:12 PM

So, Tim is second on Centre against Ljubicic, not before 13.00. Hmm, I'll be out all day so I won't know the result until I get back - probably a good thing, considering all the agonies that Henman usually puts me through in his matches.

Let's go Tim!

Layla 02-17-2003 08:21 PM

Then I'll take your share of the agonies, for I'll be home all day, following the scoreboard and waving my pompoms. ;)

GO TIM!!!

jennifer 02-27-2003 03:26 PM

Hey everyone :wavey: Another Henman fan here

Welcome back Tim! It's been a while since I visited this forum.

Layla: That's a really cute avatar of Rivers :hearts:

Layla 02-27-2003 11:36 PM

Hey Jennifer! :wavey:

I remember you from the beginning. It's been a while since you've been here. :( Hope you're back for good. :)

Yes it is cute, isn't it. :hearts: I'm glad somebody appreciates it. ;)

maratski 03-03-2003 03:26 PM

Here's another fan of Tim :wavey:
For me Tim comes after Marat and JC, but I always like watching him. Queens and Wimbly always get good coverage and are therefore among my fave tournaments. I just hope he can win them one day soon.

Layla 03-06-2003 01:22 AM

Hi Ilhame! :wavey:

I had no idea you were a fan of Tim's. :o :) In may case, Tim comes second only to Ferrero. And we all hope that. ;)