MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Juan Carlos Ferrero (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   JUANQUI's Davis Cup 2003 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=3868)

RogiFan 01-23-2003 09:34 PM

JUANQUI's Davis Cup 2003

Hi guys:

So far the Spanish papers say that Ferrero, Corretja, Costa and Moya will be in the DC in Sevilla Feb 7-9 vs. Belgium

Balcells will not be playing doubles w Alex because he didn't do very well so far this season but he may participate in future rounds

So Costa will be Alex's doubles partner although they are not counting out Carlos

The only real fixed player is Juanqui who has shown great form this year in Sydney and in AO QF

During this round they'll be playing in a brand new facility seating 5,000 people and which they hope can be used for Olympic Games 2012 [competing vs Madrid!]

The surface will be clay and the Belgian players will be Malisse, Vliegen, and the Rochus bros

During this round of the DC, there will be a special Homage to Arantxa Sanchez Vicario!

;) ;)

Layla 01-23-2003 09:52 PM

Thanks for all this info RF! :)

VAMOS!

Oh, I would kill to be able to see a match between Juanqui and Olivier Rochus. :) That would be heavenly.

I like the Belgians, too bad they have to cancel each other out in the first round. :(

And Sevilla is a much, much more beautiful town than Madrid. ;)

RogiFan 01-23-2003 10:07 PM

Here's the Catedral de Sevilla, the 3rd largest Christian church in the world -- it's huge!!

pretty soon the oranges will be ripening...;)

RogiFan 01-23-2003 10:11 PM

Here is one festival Sevilla is famous for: the Feria de Abril:

Vera 01-23-2003 11:59 PM

Thanks RF :kiss:

So I wonder how's the partnership of Albert and Alex. Since they are buddy, should have no communication problem. I like these 4 potential picks :D. Would be good if we get to watch a match :(.

That church is one beautiful piece of art.

RogiFan 01-24-2003 12:28 AM

Here is a must-see monumento en Sevilla -- Los Reales Alcazares -- absolutely beautiful Moorish palace right in the heart of Seville:

[this is a little tour of Sevilla for you! it is definitely one of my favourite cities in Spain]

RogiFan 01-24-2003 12:32 AM

I just have to post the most beautiful bullring in Spain -- La Maestranza -- in the style of Andalusian architecture [bullfighting originated in the S of Spain, in a small town called Ronda, not too far from Sevilla]

RogiFan 01-24-2003 12:35 AM

this is what it looks like from the air -- it's gigantic! in the bullfighting area called El Arenal -- lots of neat narrow streets and tapas bars plus the Guadalquivir river leading to the sea -- from where Columbus set sail for the New World!

Chloe le Bopper 01-24-2003 12:57 AM

Thanks for all the information :)

I had a feeling they would pick those 4 - I really couldn't see it any other way :o

TennisHack 01-24-2003 01:17 AM

Oooh, thanks so much for all the pictures, RF!! A few of my friends and I were just talking about their plans to study abroad next year. One of them has applied to a program at the Sorbenne! :eek: For a year. I'm so jealous of her . . . . and now you post beautiful pictures of Spain, too!

I really want to see this DC tie, but I'll have to settle for USA vs Croata -- good enough for me, two of my faves in Blake & Ancic. And now that Ancic's starting to play near his potential, it should also be a happening tie :D

Chloe le Bopper 01-24-2003 02:33 AM

TH - If the USA and Spain win, you will get to "settle" for their quarterfinal too :)

Scotso 01-24-2003 02:51 AM

Why would they put Corretja/Costa in doubles?

IMO, Ferrero/Robredo would be a better choice... or maybe Portas/Robredo that did well at the Aussie.

Anyway, vamos Juan Carlos y Espana!

Chloe le Bopper 01-24-2003 03:18 AM

Ferrero/Robredo, who have had next to NO success in doubles as opposed to Costa and Corretja who even won an Olympic medal together?

Think "objectively" for a second.

Costa/Corretja is the right choice.

Chloe le Bopper 01-24-2003 03:19 AM

As for Portas and Robredo - they are neither proven as a doubles pair, nor experienced in Davis Cup.

Furthermore, if they don't use Costa or Corretja for singles they are better back singles players, than the two above would be.

RogiFan 01-24-2003 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TennisHack
Oooh, thanks so much for all the pictures, RF!! A few of my friends and I were just talking about their plans to study abroad next year. One of them has applied to a program at the Sorbenne! :eek: For a year. I'm so jealous of her . . . . and now you post beautiful pictures of Spain, too!

I really want to see this DC tie, but I'll have to settle for USA vs Croata -- good enough for me, two of my faves in Blake & Ancic. And now that Ancic's starting to play near his potential, it should also be a happening tie :D

Is this the "Junior Year" abroad? Do you mean the "Sorbonne" in Paris? Spain is so beautiful -- Valencia was my chosen city [plus Montpellier in France].

Hackie if you want to reduce any of my pix, go ahead and do it -- they are quite big and take so long to download. I may have to do sth about it. I plan to post more pix later.

Did you never want to study abroad too? It's a real eyeopener [I hate hyphens btw -- too clunky!] -- great experience!

Well, VAMOS VIVI Y PAOLA!!!!

Buenas noches a todos y a todas!!:angel: