MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Minimizing avatar loading time. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=37348)

NATAS81 05-16-2005 11:48 PM

Minimizing avatar loading time.

It takes on average 10 minutes before my avatar shows up next to my posts, many times longer. Until it does, the red X in the white box is visible and it's a deterrance.

Just wondering if there were plans to speed up the time that is takes for a custom avatar to appear.

Thanks,

Satan81

bad gambler 05-17-2005 12:39 AM

Re: Minimizing avatar loading time.

does it really matter that you have to wait 10min for it load? :shrug:

gravity 05-17-2005 10:34 PM

There are surely more important things we need to fix first. Like the time delay in placing bets with the vbookie.

NATAS81 05-17-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

does it really matter that you have to wait 10min for it load?
Matches go by fast, so it's important to get the avatar in place and have that karma working before a key break, volley, line call goes the way of the opponent.

Quote:

There are surely more important things we need to fix first. Like the time delay in placing bets with the vbookie.
True. It's just a suggestion, like I said, matches go by fast, and many times I have many avatars for a certain player so it stresses the loading time even more.

But you could also say placing multiple bets is not necessary, and the delay would be void. It's all how the vBetter's strategy works.

Thanks for responding, and I hope there are more admins added to speed up the time that bets are settled. Like having at least one admin from Europe, one from Asia, one from USA, one from Australia, etc. to cover all of our bases.

I'm not sure if only Amanda can settle bets, if there are more who are capable then it would be just to take that into consideration as well.

Just a thought,

Satan81

Denaon 06-10-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad gambler
does it really matter that you have to wait 10min for it load? :shrug:

I think that there must be a problem with my new one, but I tell you that this time it's taking far more than 10 minutes to upload.
Amanda or gravity, do you have any idea why is this?
Thanks in advance.

Denaon 06-10-2005 03:45 PM

it finally appeared, I dunno if it was because of your work but thanks anyway :worship:

NATAS81 06-11-2005 12:11 AM

Wow, my new av loaded in less than a minute. Nice :yeah:

NATAS81 06-12-2005 02:15 AM

Well I loaded a avatar of Karlovic later and it appeared after 10 minutes + so apparently the move hasn't been made. Pfft. :sad:

gravity 06-12-2005 04:33 PM

This may change when we roll out the next version of the software in a few months.

NATAS81 06-12-2005 05:43 PM

Ohh, keeping the big rig under the sheet for now eh? Hmmm. :aplot:

gravity 06-12-2005 09:01 PM

Errr yeah :)