MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mardy Fish Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Le poisson a Paris! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=37197)

Deboogle!. 05-15-2005 07:07 PM

Le poisson a Paris!

This was posted at Mardy's site today:
----------------------
Mardy Excited for French Open

After two weeks of rest since pulling out of the Telecom Italia Masters in Rome with a wrist injury, Mardy has undergone therapy and has been hitting this past week.

On Monday, he goes an MRI to check on the injured wrist and hopes to get good news. He says he will play the French Open, even if he has to use a one-handed backhand. :eek::eek:

Éowyn 05-15-2005 07:54 PM

Re: Le poisson a Paris!

please no please! 2 handed backhand please 2 handed! we need 2 handed backhand beautiful backhand! no one handed :bigcry:

aceit 05-15-2005 09:07 PM

It's better than not playing at all. :)

:bounce: Good luck Mardy. :p

sophia_c 05-15-2005 09:09 PM

Well I think you will all find he has done that before...

Éowyn 05-15-2005 09:54 PM

it depends i'd rather if he's injured he skips it and concentrates on getting back to full fitness for the grass courts than makes himself worse, i know theres points and i do want him to get the points but i think grass is a better surface for him and his lovely backhand! :sad:

Deboogle!. 05-15-2005 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophia_c
Well I think you will all find he has done that before...

what? Played with a 1-handed BH???? his best groundstroke is for sure his backhand. He's not a top 100 player without it IMO. I admire that he wants to play RG esp considering how few matches he's got on clay, but I think there's no way he will do well there without a 2-hander. I am inclined to agree that he is better off focusing on grass season - especially b/c of his finalist points from Halle :unsure:

surfpinky 05-15-2005 11:50 PM

Maybe his one-handed backhand is amazing, and no one knows it :unsure:
Didn't one of Pete Sampra's coaches make him switch from two to one? And Pete did great :)

aceit 05-15-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
what? Played with a 1-handed BH???? his best groundstroke is for sure his backhand. He's not a top 100 player without it IMO. I admire that he wants to play RG esp considering how few matches he's got on clay, but I think there's no way he will do well there without a 2-hander. I am inclined to agree that he is better off focusing on grass season - especially b/c of his finalist points from Halle :unsure:

I thought he played before with a 1 hander due to injury, but maybe I'm not right either.

Deboogle!. 05-16-2005 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceit
I thought he played before with a 1 hander due to injury, but maybe I'm not right either.

Oh, I'm sure that's possible, but he's not going to be successful with it. That's true, surfpinky, but Pete didn't win things because of his BH whereas it's one of Mardy's best weapons :awww:

aceit 05-16-2005 12:56 AM

Yeah, especially on clay. :(

But if he loses early at RG (which not a soul would be suprised about), he'll still have some good prep time for the grass.

Deboogle!. 05-16-2005 12:58 AM

He'd have to draw Paradorn or Karlovic to win a match at RG.

aceit 05-16-2005 01:02 AM

:o

Deboogle!. 05-16-2005 01:07 AM

Well he's only ever played RG once and he lost in the first round. to Burgsmuller. :o

Éowyn 05-16-2005 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
He'd have to draw Paradorn or Karlovic to win a match at RG.

or joachim :lol:

Deboogle!. 05-16-2005 01:38 AM

no, joachim would probably beat him.