MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Gamblers Lounge (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=392)
-   -   Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=37140)

SwiSha 05-15-2005 08:22 AM

Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Zuzanna Ondraskova over Dinara Safina @ 3.40 admiralbet

are u kidding me? Zuzanna has been absolutely terrific all week long .. beating Dokic,Kostanic,Diaz Oliva and Koukalova all in str8 sets.. major mistake by the bookie in my opinion jump on it...it s a worth a shot !!!!!

record 2 - 1

bad gambler 05-15-2005 08:35 AM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Picks 7 Wins 6 Losses 1 Return +11.47 units

Valentino Rossi to win the French MotoGP - $1.70, bank it :cool:

JMG 05-15-2005 08:39 AM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Picks 1 Wins 1 Losses 0 +1.6 units

Wacker Burghausen - Alemannia Aachen +2,5 goals @1.90

Nimrodg 05-15-2005 09:00 AM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Picks 2 Wins 0 Losses 2
Ok....i'll try again :(
West Bromwich over Portsmouth @ 1.60

Straby 05-15-2005 09:14 AM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
1 Pick, 1 Won, 0 Losses

Cycling, Giro d'Italia, Stage 8 , Time Trial, 47km

Head-to-head: Damiano Cunego to beat Michele Scarponi @ 1.60

Cunego aiming for his 2nd Tour of Italy victory. Last year, he was the best climber of the peleton and a decent time trialist. This year is even better. He's still the best climber (he showed us yesterday, together with his teammate Simoni) and he has improved on his time trial. He finished 13th in the Tour of the Basque Country Time Trial last month (lads like McGee and Rogers, real time trial specialists, were behind him) so yes, we can definitely say he has improved on his time trial.
On the other hand, Scarponi is a decent climber with a decent time trial, but nothing special. He has showed us nothing so far in the Giro, althought he's in the top 10 overall ranking (but already a minute behind Cunego).
And there's a hill in the Time Trial stage today, that should favour Cunego.

Straby 05-15-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strabavy
1 Pick, 1 Won, 0 Losses

Cycling, Giro d'Italia, Stage 8 , Time Trial, 47km

Head-to-head: Damiano Cunego to beat Michele Scarponi @ 1.60

Cunego aiming for his 2nd Tour of Italy victory. Last year, he was the best climber of the peleton and a decent time trialist. This year is even better. He's still the best climber (he showed us yesterday, together with his teammate Simoni) and he has improved on his time trial. He finished 13th in the Tour of the Basque Country Time Trial last month (lads like McGee and Rogers, real time trial specialists, were behind him) so yes, we can definitely say he has improved on his time trial.
On the other hand, Scarponi is a decent climber with a decent time trial, but nothing special. He has showed us nothing so far in the Giro, althought he's in the top 10 overall ranking (but already a minute behind Cunego).
And there's a hill in the Time Trial stage today, that should favour Cunego.

Cunego not as good as expected, finishing 16th. But! Scarponi was even worser (22nd).
So: $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

JMG 05-15-2005 03:36 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Burghausen - Aachen 2-3 :yeah:

Nimrodg 05-15-2005 03:38 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I broke my bad luck :P
Bromwich-Portsmouth 2-0

flmmkrz 05-15-2005 07:07 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Atl braves ml over the dodgers. @ 1.6

My only loss in my picks of the day was on the same team and same pitcher as today, braves and hudson on the mound. I expect a big rebound outting for him against a fairly tough home team in the dodgers but dogers are countering with a very weak erickson on the mound today. I expect the braves to hit him hard today and make this an easy win for the ace.

NATAS81 05-15-2005 07:46 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flmmkrz
I expect the braves to hit him hard today and make this an easy win for the ace.

Hard to pick an ace from the Braves staff.

Smoltz at 3.10 and Hampton @ 1.96 are better over the same amount of starts and every starter is below 4 ERA. Starting off like the Braves staff of the early 90s.

I do agree this game should result in a 'W' for ATL.

As far as today's plays, I also like NYY to complete the sweep against OAK and win their 8th straight as Johnson is on the mound (3-2, 3.68) vs Haren (1-5, 5.21). Crosby and Swisher are on the DL for OAKtown.

I like Boston who is also hot as they send out Wakefield (4-1, 3.18) vs Meche (2-2 5.14). Manny in search of dinger #400. Seattle has 10 players on the DL including Reese, Wilson, Jacobsen, Spiezio, Soriano, Madritsch.

Fassero hasn't had enough starts for me to justify the Giants/Astros outcome. Bagwell is on the 15-day DL and Lane is questionable.

flmmkrz 05-15-2005 10:57 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flmmkrz
Atl braves ml over the dodgers. @ 1.6

My only loss in my picks of the day was on the same team and same pitcher as today, braves and hudson on the mound. I expect a big rebound outting for him against a fairly tough home team in the dodgers but dogers are countering with a very weak erickson on the mound today. I expect the braves to hit him hard today and make this an easy win for the ace.

3-1 on my picks of the day now. Hudson struggled a bit out there but got outta jams and bats picked it up later in the game to win 5-2.

NATAS81 05-15-2005 11:04 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Yeah, Hudson is a horse. Second game I know for sure (could be more) of 9 innings or more of work!

Par for the course day for the Unit (3 ER, 6 IP) the way he's been pitching so far this year. He can do much better, and I suspect he will the more he gets used to New York. The Yanks bats are so hot right now, it looks like 4 R when he left the game will still result in a win for Randy. It was 4-4 after 6, then NY scored twice so that made the decision easier on Torre to yank RJ.

It's official. The Yanks beat Oakland 6-4, so that improves me to 2-1 for picks of the day.

If I had to pick for fun, I'll say San Fran comes away victorious in the Lone Star State. Houston has enough trouble scoring even when Bagpipes is in the lineup.

bad gambler 05-15-2005 11:34 PM

Re: Pick of the DAY SUNDAY 15th MAY
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bad gambler
Picks 7 Wins 6 Losses 1 Return +11.47 units

Valentino Rossi to win the French MotoGP - $1.70, bank it :cool:

:cool:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.