MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   Tennis Tips (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=36319)

max122 05-08-2005 06:04 AM

Tennis Tips

Hi all!

I have designed a website to teach people how to play tennis. It's not ment for advanced players rather its for beginners. The website is Tennis Tips

Enjoy!

auwkeung 05-08-2005 06:37 AM

Re: Tennis Tips

great job~~~~the site is comprehensive
but why there is no "semi-western" grip in it??

iliketennis 05-08-2005 06:54 AM

Oooo :eek: you better be careful posting links to your website here ;)

iliketennis 05-08-2005 07:02 AM

Very good though, I just watched the forehand vids. Who are the people in the videos (some are hot ;) )

max122 05-21-2005 06:55 PM

I'm in one of them :)

NATAS81 05-21-2005 06:57 PM

Whoa Dude!!

Like, KILLAH!

jayrhum 05-21-2005 08:46 PM

The site is cool. ;)

But, I checked some of the videos and guys, don't forget, you have legs!!!! My advice would be to use them. Most of the shots I've seen only use the arm and that's not good at all. :)

Good luck with the site!!!

max122 05-22-2005 02:12 PM

Thanks for the tip :)

Neely 05-22-2005 02:52 PM

tip:
- In the equipment section you say that the pros are changing the balls every 6 games. That's not correct, is it? At least on the ATP Tour there's a ball change after the first 7 games and after that, every 9th game. (7/16/25/34...)
- The idea with the embedded video clips on the page is a very good one and page visitors don't have to download the files and play it on an external player. I read you said that these guidelines are more thought for beginners, but even under this regard I would also subsribe what jayrhum has said about that legs. With some clips, especially on the topspin serve (but also flat and slice) where it is very important to generate upwards motion for the spin by help of the knee bend the legs are neglected too much. I think even beginners should learn about to have a good position when hitting the ball, even when it will be difficult for most to coordinate swing and legs correctly at the very beginning. But okay, I'm not a tennis coach and only a recreational player myself, so I might be wrong if I make too great demands at beginners ;)

RodLo 05-22-2005 02:55 PM

Awesome site! I'm impressed. :yeah:

Hope it does well. :)

Bonaventure 05-22-2005 04:38 PM

Great site, most of my comments have already been said by Neely :yeah:

max122 05-23-2005 09:36 PM

Thanks!

jayrhum 05-23-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max122
Thanks!

Héhé, take care mate, if it's getting too obvious that you post a "thanks" only to put your thread back at the top of the list, this could be deleted soon I guess...

SwissMister1 05-23-2005 10:00 PM

Cool site, I like that you included the videos of the serves.

Neely 05-23-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayrhum
Héhé, take care mate, if it's getting too obvious that you post a "thanks" only to put your thread back at the top of the list, this could be deleted soon I guess...

I don't think this topic is in such a danger to get deleted as this is not commercial advertising. Of course it's not the purpose of General Messages that we all link to our own homepages every day, but at least this is tennis related and it is meant to be a first useful guideline with visual illustration for tennis beginners which some people will hopefully help.