MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Gaston Gaudio Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Can lightening strike twice? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=35741)

Dirk 05-03-2005 03:43 AM

Can lightening strike twice?

Do you think it's possible for Gaudio to win another RG title? I think so, he is in the prime years of his career and has more confidence than ever before. I was worried last year when he started losing some of those clay finals in the summer but this year he is a different player. He is really adjusting to being one of the top players on the tour. Even if he doesn't defend it successfully this year, I still think he can win another musketeer cup.

sonatinca 05-03-2005 07:10 AM

Re: Can lightening strike twice?

I cant say if Gaston can do it or not for sure, it all dependes on many things, but definitely I can say I wish him to win it VERY MUCH!!! :worship:

Action Jackson 05-03-2005 08:22 AM

It's not something that I have thought about too much, as long as he is prepared to play to the best of his ability and has the right amount of self-belief, then it can happen again, then it might not.

Choupi 05-03-2005 09:01 AM

Well, to be totally honest, my answer has more to do with deep belief than with facts. Anyway, I don't see why he couldn't win it a 2nd time. If all the elements are gathered, why not...

reiko 05-03-2005 09:37 AM

Gaston winning the RG 2005 - it will be as difficult as winning the RG 2004. ;)

Dirk 05-03-2005 12:41 PM

Reiko Gaston's confidence is at a much different level than in 2004. I think it will be easier for him to get ready for his matches and not be so up and down mentally during them. I say it will be easier depending on his draw of course.

justClaudia 05-03-2005 04:22 PM

It's possible...everything is possible actually.

I'm not sure where I read this, but Gaston said a few weeks ago , now that he won RG everyone wants to beat him. So it will be very hard , he needs to have a decent draw , and also some luck . Cause I believe the confidence is there ,and the talent of course.

User id 7816 05-03-2005 05:29 PM

well yes, as he's said many times his confidence is different now, and thats maybe the most important positive change for him, cause we know he'd often failed to win matches he could have due to the lack of self-belief.....so i think he has a fair chance to win it again, if his head is on the right place and as Choupi said if all elements are gathered :D....but we shall see soon. Nadal's become a fave even before Coria so.. he's a bit tough but...we should believe in Gaston. hehe ;)

reiko 05-03-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reiko
Gaston winning the RG 2005 - it will be as difficult as winning the RG 2004. ;)

Well, I also meant it to be "as easy as".
If he could achieve it in 2004, why not in 2005?

Action Jackson 05-04-2005 03:44 AM

The thing I see as a problem is that Gaston is beating the guys he should, but he has failed the 2 biggest tests so far in the season ie Nadal and Ferrero. If it comes down to playing one of the big guys at RG I want this pattern to change. I don't expect it to happen every time for him to win I mean most fans knows what he is and he isn't, but a win against some of the big guys on this stage would be great.

Choupi 05-04-2005 06:42 AM

Well it will depend on how he's gonna consider his 2 losses against JC and Rafa. If he enters the court, telling himself, last time I met that guy, I lost...it's all over before it begins. But Gaston's a fighter, and I'm sure if he enters the court, having in mind that he has a revenge to take, he can do it! Robredo has tasted his will of revenge lately... :devil:

Action Jackson 05-04-2005 06:49 AM

Robredo is not in the league of these guys, that's the difference.

Choupi 05-04-2005 06:51 AM

I know. But it was an example of how Gaston has to consider previous losses in important occasions. Robredo had defeated him in a final...

Action Jackson 05-04-2005 07:03 AM

It's the elite players on the surface that I am worried about and even in Miami he didn't think he could beat Agassi, when he was there to be beaten.

Choupi 05-04-2005 07:07 AM

Against Agassi, he has believed in himself only in the 1st set. And that's sad. But he's gaining in confidence and his self-belief can only get stronger. Well I hope I'm right.