MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Chicos Latinos (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Flávio Saretta´s shrine! ;) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=3565)

Dissident 01-06-2003 01:20 AM

Flávio Saretta´s shrine! ;)

This is the place to praise the newest on the brazilian greats. :D

Dissident 01-06-2003 01:30 AM

SARETTA WINS SAO PAULO CHALENGER AGAIN

Saretta happy for winning the tournament that catapulted his carreer.
Jan 5, 2003

São Paulo (BRA) - Two times winner of the São paulo Open, after beating the argentine Andres Dellatorre 7-6(5), 6-3 in one hour and 50 minutes, the tennis player got 50 points in the Entry System and a prize of US$3,600.

"It was a tough week, just finishing the pre-season, I had to get through the gastritis, the heat and the tireness. Dellatorre is a different player, with a hard forehand and a fast serve. And due to the rivalry Brazil-Argentina, the game even looked like a Davis Cup one," said Saretta. The crowd chanted a "Ola", with the participation of the State Governor, Geraldo Alckmin.

"I started the tournament thinking about going as far as possible. I didn´t look further in the draw to see who I might play, took it match by match. I´m happy to be a two time winner here in São Paulo, where I won my first title as a pro. It was the tournament that catapulted my carreer," remembered the player, who travels to Melbourne on Tuesday for the Australian Open.

Despite the defeat, Dellatorre left satisfied. "This was the best result of my carreer so far. Saretta played better and deserved to win. I hope to come back next year, reach the final and win the tournament," said Dellatorre, currently ranked number 291 in the Entry System.

Dissident 01-06-2003 01:31 AM

Saretta and the trophy :D

The party on the podium. :D:D

Dissident 01-06-2003 01:33 AM

Well done Flávio! Now take the confidence to a good run in Australia.

Btw, he has a god chance of playing the Davis Cup, as Fernando Meligeni said he won´t go to Sweden.
So Guga plays the singles and the doubles. André Sá is on the doubles as well, so maybe they chose a freshman to go for the singles.
Good luck Saretta!

Gonzo Hates Me! 01-06-2003 08:00 AM

Of course I like him too!!! Go Guga, Sa, Flavio, Meligeni, Maria Fernanda, Tiene-- and anyone who spews Brazilian Portuguese!!!

Lee 08-07-2003 12:20 AM

Re: Flávio Saretta´s shrine! ;)

Saretta has been playing fine since last post here although not yet able to win any title.

Go Saretta and heal soon to play in USO!

Lee 09-20-2003 09:14 AM

:worship: Saretta winning 6-4 7-6 6-7 6-4

prifriends 11-05-2003 07:43 PM

Saretta good luck today on your match against Gaudio!!!!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr 09-08-2004 03:57 PM

flavio saretta group: a place to look at pics and talk about Flavio!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/flaviosaretta/
join if you're interested!

Fergie 09-08-2004 04:08 PM

Thanks for the link :yeah:

jmgsdoubsprtnr 09-09-2004 12:50 AM

no problem! it's been hard getting the group off the ground. i don't think many people in the US know much about him (they're all focused on Roddick) so i thought i'd post it in here to hope to find some new Flavio supporters to join!

Ponytail 10-03-2004 10:35 AM

I just saw Flavio live for the first time against Safin and I must say I was impressed with Flavio. Although Marat crushed him 6-2 6-1, I still think Flavio had lots of talent. And his look somehow reminded me of Guga ( who is one of my faves ). They're both attractive in their own way...maybe it's a brazillian thing.

Lee 11-12-2004 03:42 AM

Saretta is playing a Challenger in Buenos Aires. He will play vs Vicente in QF.

Good Luck Saretta!

Lee 02-07-2005 11:50 PM

Saretta starts 2005 without much flare so far. Let's give him some cheers!

Vamos Saretta!!!!

Ponytail 02-08-2005 12:15 AM

Too bad he hasn't had good result lately. But Flavio needs some love around here,too :smooch:

Go! Flavio :D