MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mardy Fish Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   OK so Mardy IS playing Rome - now he needs to win a match! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=35244)

Deboogle!. 04-28-2005 12:03 AM

OK so Mardy IS playing Rome - now he needs to win a match!

Mardy would've gotten direct entry into Rome b/c of others' withdrawals, but is playing an indoor green clay challenger instead. I'm not sure what to think.

Éowyn 04-28-2005 12:38 AM

Re: Mardy's not playing Rome - he's playing Tunica Challenger instead.

hmm i can't decide if thats a good thing or not, i want to say! what the hell are you doing? but at the same time i thin it could be a good move, get a few wins in and build his confidence back up! but if he loses in a challenger i hate to think what would happen to his confidence

Golfnduck 04-28-2005 12:49 AM

WTF MARDY!!!! :smash: :mad: Don't do challengers!!!! GET YOUR ASS TO ROME AND PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS!!!!

Deboogle!. 04-28-2005 12:51 AM

I feel the exact same way as you, JJ... it's good for some reasons but it's really stupid for some reasons. I just don't know.

Éowyn 04-28-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
I feel the exact same way as you, JJ... it's good for some reasons but it's really stupid for some reasons. I just don't know.

i think if he can get some wins it'll give him alot of confidence, it's not like he's defending alot of points in rome so i think it could work out.

Deboogle!. 04-28-2005 01:29 AM

Yea, but the reverse is that indoor green Har-Tru clay is really NOTHING like outdoor slow European red clay and that if he is getting direct entry into Rome that he should really be going there and playing. he could always play challengers in Europe on red clay in between but for him it's the matches on red clay that he really needs. Sigh.

Éowyn 04-28-2005 01:48 AM

Quote:

Yea, but the reverse is that indoor green Har-Tru clay is really NOTHING like outdoor slow European red clay and that if he is getting direct entry into Rome that he should really be going there and playing. he could always play challengers in Europe on red clay in between but for him it's the matches on red clay that he really needs. Sigh.

i think right now he just wins and it doens't matter what surface they're on

Deboogle!. 04-28-2005 04:33 AM

y'know, I read the article more closely.... it says this:

"Evans said there is a slight possibility that Fish could gain direct entry into next week's ATP Tour event in Rome. He is the third alternate.

If he doesn't make the Rome field, Fish will play the Tunica Challenger ranked roughly 60 spots ahead of No. 2 seed Jeff Morrison."

Well, Mardy IS going to get directly into Rome, it's not really a slight possibility, it's pretty much a certainty at this point.... hmmmm....

Éowyn 04-28-2005 08:05 PM

so he will play rome????

i don't see whyhe can't go through qualifiers like everyone else anyways! robby is :)

Carito_90 04-28-2005 08:07 PM

Challenger...? Yeah Mardy because playing a final against the #4532453 in the world will SERIOUSLY make you improve huh, specially your ranking :rolleyes:

Deboogle!. 04-28-2005 08:53 PM

he doesn't have to go through qualifiers. he's in directly because people have pulled out. if he plays rome, he'll be in the main draw. Somehow, his ranking is a lot higher than Robby's.

Caro, the only reason he would play is for confidence.

Éowyn 04-29-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

he doesn't have to go through qualifiers. he's in directly because people have pulled out. if he plays rome, he'll be in the main draw. Somehow, his ranking is a lot higher than Robby's.

i know he doesn't have to my point is if he's saying he's going to play a a challenger if he didn't qualify automatically is just being plain lazy!

and the way he's going his ranking is not going to be higher than robby for much longer.

Deboogle!. 04-29-2005 02:26 AM

Yeah, when his Halle final falls off in a few weeks.... BUBYE MARDY!!!!!!!!! *plop* that'll be the sound of his ranking falling off the face of the earth.

Éowyn 04-29-2005 04:38 AM

Quote:

Yeah, when his Halle final falls off in a few weeks.... BUBYE MARDY!!!!!!!!! *plop* that'll be the sound of his ranking falling off the face of the earth.

it's so depressing :sad: he need sto get his confidence back! i hope the challenger does teh trick coz if it doesn't :bigcry:

binkygirl 04-29-2005 04:43 AM

So, is the concensus that Mardy's current slump is a confidence problem?

I think his match at the Olympics was a sort of turning point. Does anyone else agree?