MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The French Musketeers (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Jérôme Haehnel (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=35183)

makefofolina 04-27-2005 01:15 PM

Jérôme Haehnel

Hello everybody, in case you didn't know it yet, Jérôme Haehnel's French site has been opened for a while, if you want to follow his results and to talk about our tennisman, come and join us on www.jhaehnel.com

(if the link's broken please come on http://jhaehnel.free.fr/V1/PHPNUKE75FR/html/index.php)

Eric68 06-21-2005 09:02 AM

Re: Jérôme Haehnel

Very nice Site, lot of infos, pictures and updated daily...

Good job girls

WinterDreams 06-27-2005 12:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by makefofolina
Hello everybody, in case you didn't know it yet, Jérôme Haehnel's French site has been opened for a while, if you want to follow his results and to talk about our tennisman, come and join us on www.jhaehnel.com

(if the link's broken please come on http://jhaehnel.free.fr/V1/PHPNUKE75FR/html/index.php)

Hi Marina :wavey:
Thanks a lot for your wonderful pics from 's-Hertogenbosch at the Tommy's forum. They are really great!!! I love them very much. :hearts:
I found 3 old pics of Jerome from Stuttgart 2004.
Of course you can use them without credit for your site, if you would like. ;)

makefofolina 06-27-2005 10:05 AM

I'm happy to see that you like Tommy's pics from S-Herto (attendez j'essaye d'étaler mon pauvre anglais au maximum :rolleyes: ) :) :) . Thank you very much for the Jerome's pics,I have add them to the website :worship:

marineseb37 06-27-2005 06:55 PM

It's a formidable player, very simple and very frindly with his fan.Thanks to him, now i'm interested of advantage in Challengers
désolée pour mon anglais catastrophique! mais bon en clair! JEROME THE BEST! :)

Papakori 07-02-2005 08:19 PM

Good luck Jerome!

Papakori 07-19-2005 10:34 AM

Happy Birthday to Jerome a few days ago,

Today in StuttGART, Jérome lost to Alexander Waske 5-7 2-6 :sad:

delsa 08-23-2005 01:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I read Jérôme got married recently with a girl named Aurelle Sautet. I didn't even know he was engaged. Congratulations! :yeah: I didn't know his coach was his ex-fiancée/new wife too!... :eek: We know who's the boss in the Haehnels' home, now. :devil:
It looks as if Julien Benneteau was the best man (he's the only one from all the other tennis players invited to wear a flower on his suit like Haehnel...)! :haha:
On Monday he lost in the final of the Cordenons Challenger in Italy. Too bad but he had a great run. Congrats again to him and his few fans! ;)

Edit: Scans of the said article plus an ad with him (didn't know he endorsed Inesis either...i should keep myself up to date more...).

makefofolina 08-23-2005 01:37 PM

Jérôme will play this afternoon his compatriot David Guez at Geneva Challenger.
Come on Jerome !!!!!!!!!!! :rocker2:

silverwhite 08-23-2005 04:42 PM

Wow, that's unusual! I don't mean to stereotype, but I've never heard of a male pro having a female coach.

delsa 08-23-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverwhite
Wow, that's unusual! I don't mean to stereotype, but I've never heard of a male pro having a female coach.

Yeah! That's what i thought learning this. Pretty unusual. I don't think it changes anything, and normally there shouldn't be any problems. I think a woman can coach a man as men coaches women etc... As long as both person agree to see themselves respectively as coach and player, just focus on the fonction. Sex doesn't matter at all if this is clear for everybody. I'm actually surprised there are not more male (and female that's even more surprising...) players coached by women as you can often see it in other sports.
But the problem with Haehnel and his coach is that's she's also his wife. One of the unofficial "rules" that allow a good coach/coached relationship to be (as said by coaches in an article i scanned and posted recently that i should begin to translate... :o hum...It's like "don't be nor their "guru", nor their "doggy", nor their "nanny", nor their (too close) "friend" "... ) if not many of them are broken because of this.
That's like in any work. It's often hard to work around someone from your family even more if it's someone very close as a wife or an husband. And when it's about learning stuff it's almost impossible. Not like businesses where it's often a family affair without any problem because in this case there's all the advantages of what family relationships can bring like easing the creation of a team spirit in the group, easing team work, being able to work late hours because your family understand the situation, children being in touch with the field since they were born through their parents' experience so being very competent and efficient etc...whatever...without that many disadvantages. There's the Mirka Wavrinek/ Federer exemple to show it can work in tennis too with her managing his carreer, all his affairs etc...
But as it's unbearable in the long term when one of your parents is one of your teacher for exemple (i know someone who was in this situation when he was younger and hated it...), i don't think this will work. I believe they'll have to stop one of the aspects of their relationship (i hope for them she'll only stop coaching him and not the other option...) or it's going to get hard to deal with (almost schizophrenic...) and not because she's a female coach but because she happens to be too close to him.
It's like players being coached by their father or brother etc...with it being even harder to deal with (your father or brother doesn't live with you...). That doesn't work for long generally (there are still the cases of Paradorn Srichaphan but he changed from his father to his brother to coach him, Davydenko with his brother Eduard, a lot of female players like Sharapova and Yuri Sharapov, Marion Bartoli and her father Walter, Emilie Loit is coached by her husband too plus many other exemples in the present and the past...but those kind of collaborations are bound to stop after only a few years as it has often been seen already...).
Maybe they'll proove me wrong and manage to separate very stricly their family relationship from their professional relationship and manage to get only good things out of this collaboration for years and years. But i think it will only be a fantastic experience for a few years that will make both of them progress and learn a lot but that it won't work in the long term. Maybe it will work perfectly and they'll start a new trend in tennis, who knows? ;)

:o :rolleyes: I'm too talkative...And as always when i make a giant post: sorry if there is any mistake...

Papakori 08-23-2005 07:26 PM

Congratulations Jerome and thankyou for the scans Delsa :D

I love the inesis advert

makefofolina 08-24-2005 09:34 PM

Jerome def David Guez 2/6 7/5 6/4.
Tomorrow he'll play Carlos Cuadrado (spain) at Geneva Challenger.
ALLLEZ JEROMMME :yeah:

marineseb37 08-24-2005 09:54 PM

:worship: Jeromeeee!!!

Good luck for the rest of competition

kukka 09-12-2005 12:17 PM

Thanks for the article and ad scans, delsa! :D Jérôme looks gorgeous! ;)

Elina :umbrella: