MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   a suggestion about signatures. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=34944)

am&a 04-25-2005 02:25 AM

a suggestion about signatures.

amanda,
it really annoys me when people have signatures that take up almost my entire computer screen. i was thinking that it would be great if signatures cannot be large enough to make extra space needed between the avatar and the rep button.

i also know that i am not the only person with this opinion. even if it isn't restricted as much as i mentioned above, any way of making them smaller would be appreciated.
thank you.

fangirl 04-25-2005 02:34 AM

Re: a suggestion about signatures.

I agree with am&a on this - large signatures take up a lot of unnecessary space and scrolling past them is very annoying. I don't see why people need to have a list of their favorite players in yellow size 7 font.

PinkFeatherBoa 04-25-2005 02:48 AM

Yeah, I agree, some of the huge sigs can be annoying, especially when you have to keep scrolling and scrolling. A bit painful on bad eyes, and overwhelming.

bad gambler 04-25-2005 03:06 AM

:sad:

bad gambler 04-25-2005 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by am&a
honestly, not only is yours too big, but it also hurts my eyes. which is sad because i like you. ):

:sad: :sad:

Kristen 04-25-2005 04:02 AM

I think sometimes, people also need to remember there's the option where they can choose not to include their signature in a post. I'll only really use mine if its when I've written a reply that's only one sentence... but yeah, the scrolling, the huge fonts, etc. can be annoying. Even mine was annoying me for a while, so I cut off the whole austrian part :eek:

Deboogle!. 04-25-2005 04:19 AM

I concur (: though, BG, yours doesn't particularly bother me, it's the big huuuuuuuuuuuuge colorful annoying ones that make annoyed :p I know mine is reaching annoying limits but I try to compact it as much as I can :o

Fee 04-25-2005 04:25 AM

I completely agree. In fact, for two days my signature said 'I hate big ass signatures with Gigantic fonts.' There are a few people here who list their favorite players (all 72 of them) and put each name on its own line in size 3 font. I usually turn mine off if I post twice on the same page. I know there is an option to turn off other people's signatures, but I hate to do that because some people put informative links in their sigs and sometimes I like to see which players other people support. If we can limit the size of avatars can't we limit the size of sigs, perhaps by taking away the font sizing options or just putting a line in the regs that people with sigs over 3 inches will be warned?

(Yours is okay BG, but the scrolling hurts sometimes :D).

J. Corwin 04-25-2005 06:30 AM

I didn't have a particularly big problem with big signatures but I agree that it would better to limit their size. I've been to some other sites where there are restrictions to signature size and overall I'd say it looked a lot cleaner, less cluttered, and easier on the eyes to read posts. I've even changed my own sig to comply with this idea. :cool:

MisterQ 04-26-2005 06:43 AM

hi amanda who hasn't finished her project yet and likes squirrels :wavey:

superpinkone37 04-26-2005 08:06 AM

I'm just posting here cuz all the cool kids are doing it d:

Plus, I don't have a sig right now so no one can say anything about it being too long. I win! (: :banana:

Douggie Style 04-26-2005 12:21 PM

You can turn them off you know :). I had siggies turned off for a while before, and I didn't miss them :p

MissMoJo 04-27-2005 03:25 PM

:banana:

fangirl 05-11-2005 07:16 AM

I am bumping this.

Neely 05-11-2005 07:50 AM

Just use the option in your User CP to turn these fucking signatures off. As easy as that if you are so upset about that.