MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/3-non-tennis/)
-   -   The Simpsons Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/3-non-tennis/339521-simpsons-thread.html)

Droog 09-15-2013 07:48 PM

The Simpsons Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
I'm just going to come out and say it. The Simpsons (golden age) is not only the greatest TV comedy, but the greatest TV show full stop.

Let this be a thread for Simpsons fans to share our favourite moments, quotes, pictures and clips from this once great show.

[youtube]zc2CZyMizs0[/youtube]

[youtube]u8dooovuTKk[/youtube]

Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

motorhead 09-15-2013 10:14 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Droog (Post 18164889)

Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

:haha:

B-Nard 09-15-2013 10:51 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
During its prime, it was arguably one of the greatest written TV shows in history. Homer watching Twin Peaks was lovely.

scarecrows 09-15-2013 10:58 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
[youtube]quTn9pL39Cw[/youtube]

Pratik 09-16-2013 05:10 AM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 

Htom Sirveaux 09-16-2013 06:03 AM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
So which era was best?

1,2 - Brooks, Groening, Simon
3,4 - Jean, Reiss
5,6 - Mirkin
7,8 - Oakely, Weinstein
9+ - Scully and then I have no idea (can't imagine anyone will pick this anyway)

I prefer Mirkin's years by far, but the Jean/Reiss years were classics in their own way. Wasn't crazy about the Oakely/Weinstein years, which is funny because I loved the episodes they wrote before they became showrunners. But they still produced several great episodes, and those are clearly also 'classic' Simpsons years unlike the garbage that followed.

Edit: Forgot to rate 1 and 2. Find season 1 pretty unwatchable unless you're looking for how it all got started. Season 2 feels a lot like slightly conservative and raw Jean/Reiss to me, and I'd actually always assumed that they were showrunners for this year too. The second half of that season is where I think The Simpsons really took off.

scarecrows 09-16-2013 01:16 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
[youtube]DqwS0Ew77WE[/youtube]

ProdigyEng 09-16-2013 01:18 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
48 Attachment(s)
Peak Simpsons >>>


[youtube]njPhaLc8UPE[/youtube]

Droog 09-16-2013 02:59 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pratik (Post 18173137)

"See you in hell, candy boys!" That was such a perfect parody of every over the top 80's action film lol

Droog 09-16-2013 03:04 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux (Post 18173401)
So which era was best?

1,2 - Brooks, Groening, Simon
3,4 - Jean, Reiss
5,6 - Mirkin
7,8 - Oakely, Weinstein
9+ - Scully and then I have no idea (can't imagine anyone will pick this anyway)

I prefer Mirkin's years by far, but the Jean/Reiss years were classics in their own way. Wasn't crazy about the Oakely/Weinstein years, which is funny because I loved the episodes they wrote before they became showrunners. But they still produced several great episodes, and those are clearly also 'classic' Simpsons years unlike the garbage that followed.

Edit: Forgot to rate 1 and 2. Find season 1 pretty unwatchable unless you're looking for how it all got started. Season 2 feels a lot like slightly conservative and raw Jean/Reiss to me, and I'd actually always assumed that they were showrunners for this year too. The second half of that season is where I think The Simpsons really took off.

For me it has to be season 3 through to 9 with my personal favourites being 4, 5 and 8.

I definitely agree that half way through season 2 is where they really hit form.

Droog 09-16-2013 03:06 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HowManyTimes (Post 18176737)
Peak Simpsons >>>


[youtube]njPhaLc8UPE[/youtube]

lol it doesn't get old.

Homer: Barney's movie had heart, but Football In The Groin had a football in the groin.

Droog 09-16-2013 03:09 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
Interesting video.

[youtube]DtJ28qOEG1g[/youtube]

ProdigyEng 09-16-2013 03:42 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
48 Attachment(s)
Can't forget the movie.

The tv series had been dry for a few years but they did a good job on the movie.

motorhead 09-16-2013 03:44 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Droog (Post 18177937)
Homer: Barney's movie had heart, but Football In The Groin had a football in the groin.

:haha: which then went on to win the academy awards in the episode

Pratik 09-16-2013 04:33 PM

Re: The Simpsons Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HowManyTimes (Post 18178585)
Can't forget the movie.

The tv series had been dry for a few years but they did a good job on the movie.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...pu75o1_500.gif


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome