MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   China Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   Who's going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=33928)

bad gambler 04-14-2005 02:57 PM

Who's going?

I'm close to confirming my attendance for the full week - went to beijing over last christmas and enjoyed my time

novanora 04-17-2005 04:49 AM

Re: Who's going?

hey, bg! you went to Beijing last year? wow~ :yeah:

I am going to this tourney in Sep. So far, we have no idea who will come, coz many players haven't decided their second-half year schedule yet. We have to wait for around 2 months I think.

If I see any news, I will post here and let you know :) and also welcome you to Shanghai again at TMC if you are available at that time :wavey:

bad gambler 04-17-2005 09:11 AM

i went to shanghai last year as well on my trip!

The Bund rocks :rocker2:

unfortunately i can't come this year, it has to be one or the other :lol:

novanora 04-17-2005 11:36 AM

it's ok :) i will go to both. TMC is in my own city so I won't miss it. Beijing is a little bit far, but it's always good to watch some live tennis.

See u in Beijing then ~~~:bigwave:

bad gambler 04-17-2005 09:50 PM

its a date :yeah:

I want to go somewhere else in china whilst I'm there, any suggestions? I have already been to Shanghai, Xi'an & Gulin

novanora 04-18-2005 08:37 AM

I suggest Yun Nan, Tibet, but they are quite far from Beijing. Suzhou, Hangzhou in south China. And also Jiu Zhai Gou (in Gansu Province) and Zhang Jia Jie (in Hubei Province) are very attractive. If you like sea & beach, and won't go very far from Beijing, then Dalian, Qingdao are good choices. :)

bad gambler 04-18-2005 08:41 AM

hmmm...a beach resort of some sort sounds great - how far is sanya from beijing?

novanora 04-19-2005 04:27 AM

Sanya is in Hainan Province, very attractive tropical beach resort :yeah:
but it's too far from Beijing. Beijing is at the north of China, but Sanya is on the Hainan Island, extreme south of China. You have to take plane to go there. :)

bad gambler 04-19-2005 04:52 AM

ok thanks for that novanora :yeah:

junekidd 06-20-2005 01:57 PM

no more news. last friday when we chatted with Hong Gang, who is a commentator of CCTV 5, we asked him who would come but he told us that no one knows! :rolleyes: I think maybe many players have to make the decision untill US Open.... :shrug:

I will post the latest news as soon as possible.

hello, BG! :wavey: nova's suggestion is great! :yeah: give me no more chance! :o :p there is a tiny mistake nova, Zhang Jia Jie is in Hunan province, not Hubei. ;)

novanora 07-06-2005 04:08 PM

hi June :wavey: really? I always think Zhang Jia Jie is in Hubei, not Hunan..... coz some of friends have been there for travelling, and they told me that.....I know our country a little bit large....

And don't you think making decision after US Open is toooooo late? that's impossible. I just thought many players have made decision. And someone told me Moya & Nadal will come this year, also another spanish JC Ferrero (he is a big fav here). And I think some players who have to play DC matches after CO won't come maybe, just think last year Moya and JC lost early......

*Ljubica* 07-22-2005 03:22 PM

There is a rumour going round that David Nalbandian and Mariano Puerta will be going to Beijing and playing doubles together there (in preparation for the Davis Cup semi final), - but at this stage I have no verification of whether this is true or not - so still just a rumour.

Cindy19 07-26-2005 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novanora
hi June :wavey: really? I always think Zhang Jia Jie is in Hubei, not Hunan..... coz some of friends have been there for travelling, and they told me that.....I know our country a little bit large....

And don't you think making decision after US Open is toooooo late? that's impossible. I just thought many players have made decision. And someone told me Moya & Nadal will come this year, also another spanish JC Ferrero (he is a big fav here). And I think some players who have to play DC matches after CO won't come maybe, just think last year Moya and JC lost early......

do me a favor please?!

novanora 07-29-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy19
do me a favor please?!

what favor?

novanora 07-29-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie
There is a rumour going round that David Nalbandian and Mariano Puerta will be going to Beijing and playing doubles together there (in preparation for the Davis Cup semi final), - but at this stage I have no verification of whether this is true or not - so still just a rumour.

Thanks Rosie :hug: well, the tourney organizor just announced some main players who will go to Beijing this year, and David is one of them, but they didn't mention Mariano.