MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Nicolas Kiefer (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Monte Carlo Masters Series (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=33427)

JMG 04-09-2005 04:07 PM

Monte Carlo Masters Series

1R Gaudio - q
1R KIEFER - Schüttler

A bad draw for most of us, but at least a good draw for him, cause one win is possible for sure. :devil:

Neely 04-09-2005 04:28 PM

Re: Monte Carlo Masters Series

It's a total crap draw :ras:
all-German match ups have always their own dynamics, just remember Kiefer vs Mayer :rolleyes:

kek 04-09-2005 05:48 PM

Plus, Rainer was in the final last year. That was Rainers best tournament last year, Monte Carlo.

I'm not too confident that Nicolas will beat Rainer. If he does, playing the defending French open champion on clay isn't ideal. Not the best draw for sure.

Tricky_Forehand 04-09-2005 06:40 PM

This draw sucks!!! :fiery:

Kiwi's probably going to go out there already beaten :mad: *Please let him prove me wrong*

knight_ley 04-09-2005 07:58 PM

not cool.

NiciSunflower 04-10-2005 03:20 PM

Not cool, indeed. Let's just hope the best and expect the worst, then we're prepared ;)

athie 04-10-2005 09:00 PM

I’m not happy to see an all-German 1st round match – knowing damn well one of my favorites will be eliminated is irritating as hell :sad:
Anyway I’m taking a sicky from work to watch the tennis ALL DAY – shush! :devil:

Jogy 04-11-2005 04:50 AM

if Kiefer can beat Schuettler somehow, he has Gaudio and this time not on a hardcourt. Looks very worse! Rainer beat Gaudio? I say Rainer is better player on claycourt, but Gaudio is very dificult! Very likely that anybody of the two will be elimenated in round #2 :sad:

Tricky_Forehand 04-11-2005 06:07 PM

I didn't sign on until most of the way through the 2nd set when Kiwi was down 1-4. Got a little worried when he lost that second but know Rainer is serving 15-30, 1-5 :bounce: :bounce:

I hope Neely is getting TV coverage and posts the report here :D

6-2 2-6 6-1

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He proved me wrong!! :bounce: :bounce:

JMG 04-11-2005 06:21 PM

:woohoo:

I think in best-of-3, Gaudio is beatable for Kiefer. :)

The first and 2nd set, his 1st serve was under 50 %, if he has about 60 % on Wednesday, he can defeat him!

kek 04-11-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMG
:woohoo:

I think in best-of-3, Gaudio is beatable for Kiefer. :)

The first and 2nd set, his 1st serve was under 50 %, if he has about 60 % on Wednesday, he can defeat him!

I wouldn't go that far. He should have beaten Rainer in straights or at least a more competitive 2nd set. But I'm happy for a win. Let's hope Nicolas plays to his abilities and makes a match out of Gaudio. I hope he doesn't go in the match thinking he is going to lose, but going in thinking that he can beat Gaston.

knight_ley 04-11-2005 07:42 PM

Great win Kiwi :yeah:

Now let's pray to the tennis gods for a miracle :lol:

AUF GEHTS!!!!!!!

Neely 04-11-2005 08:36 PM

Unfortunately with realism I think it will be most likely final destination for him against Gaudio. However, I would like nothing more than to be wrong ;)

Still sad somehow that Rainer and Kiwi met so early, hardly can be glad about the win. I feel happy for the one, but sad for the other :sobbing:

NiciSunflower 04-12-2005 11:52 AM

Gaudio up next, he has already two clay titles this year... That's gonna be tough for Kiwi. I think his only chance is hoping that Gaudio has to struggle with his mental problems again :p But unfortunately that Goucho has become more balanced.

But again, let's hope the best and expect the worst, that mantra worked against Rainer :lol:

kek 04-12-2005 09:13 PM

Looks like I will be able to see this match on the tennis channel since they are on center court :)